Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey Co. coaching search
Casey County should check into Nate McPeek. He can coach and wants to get back in KY.
D.B. Cooper Wrote:Casey County should check into Nate McPeek. He can coach and wants to get back in KY.

I doubt that he would come back just to go to Casey County. He would have to want to come back to KY pretty bad to that the Casey job.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I doubt that he would come back just to go to Casey County. He would have to want to come back to KY pretty bad to that the Casey job.

KTRS when you already have 10+ years in and closer to family trumps quite a bit, though. Casey won't be bad next year, far from it IMO.

You said it with your comment earlier; they could win anywhere from 2-7 and neither would really be shocking.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I doubt that he would come back just to go to Casey County. He would have to want to come back to KY pretty bad to that the Casey job.

From my understanding he and his wife want to come back pretty bad.
D.B. Cooper Wrote:From my understanding he and his wife want to come back pretty bad.

I just think there are a wealth of better opportunities in the state aside from Casey. I'm not trying to be hard on them or anything, but, I just really wouldn't put them up as a marquee job type situation.

Small town, rural area, not a wealth of talent to work with. It's a hard job, to be sure.

I'm sure Casey would be glad to have him, and I think he could go there and do fine. But, I'm just not sure he's fallen THAT far to go there.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I just think there are a wealth of better opportunities in the state aside from Casey. I'm not trying to be hard on them or anything, but, I just really wouldn't put them up as a marquee job type situation.

Small town, rural area, not a wealth of talent to work with. It's a hard job, to be sure.

I'm sure Casey would be glad to have him, and I think he could go there and do fine. But, I'm just not sure he's fallen THAT far to go there.

Most places have been afraid to take a chance on him considering the baggage he has been tied to with the whole Fairview debacle, that, as the years go by...I think more and more people will come to realize that he was going along with what those above him were giving the OK on.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Most places have been afraid to take a chance on him considering the baggage he has been tied to with the whole Fairview debacle, that, as the years go by...I think more and more people will come to realize that he was going along with what those above him were giving the OK on.

He turned down the Bell Co. job so I doubt He would consider the Casey Co. job.:biggrin:
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Most places have been afraid to take a chance on him considering the baggage he has been tied to with the whole Fairview debacle, that, as the years go by...I think more and more people will come to realize that he was going along with what those above him were giving the OK on.

It's been 2 plus years schools need to get head out of rear ends and realize some of these people they are hiring can't bring what he can to the program. I'm not talking about bringing the negatives, if you ask any Fairview players or coaches I'm sure they would glow in talking about how he ran his program. Schools better man up and let it go otherwise losing out on a great candidate IMO
Has anyone heard anything about this job? When and who are they interviewing?
Hearing Stonebreaker has accepted a teaching job in Casey Co.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Hearing Stonebreaker has accepted a teaching job in Casey Co.

The current HC at J-Town? He was the HC at Casey a long time ago, correct?
Yes
Stonebreaker has been the guy for awhile in my opinion. Not really sure what I think about it. Never had a winning record anywhere, but has close ties to Casey obviously from a prior stint there.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Stonebreaker has been the guy for awhile in my opinion. Not really sure what I think about it. Never had a winning record anywhere, but has close ties to Casey obviously from a prior stint there.

In '99 he took over a Casey County program that was just coming off a 30-40 something game losing streak; in year 1 he goes 4-6 then 5-6.

Garrard
01- 7-4
03- 9-3 (playoff win)
04- 9-3 (playoff win)
07- 5-7 (losing season, but a playoff win)

Woodford

11- 6-4

Stoney has has success before. How many guys do you think are applying at Casey that have multiple playoff wins under their belt, who also have experience at the collegiate level (coached at Centre College from 08-10)? I'll answer that.

None.

He's had success when a thing called 'you having better players than most of the people on your schedule'; just like many.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:In '99 he took over a Casey County program that was just coming off a 30-40 something game losing streak; in year 1 he goes 4-6 then 5-6.

Garrard
01- 7-4
03- 9-3 (playoff win)
04- 9-3 (playoff win)
07- 5-7 (losing season, but a playoff win)

Woodford

11- 6-4

Stoney has has success before. How many guys do you think are applying at Casey that have multiple playoff wins under their belt, who also have experience at the collegiate level (coached at Centre College from 08-10)? I'll answer that.

None.

He's had success when a thing called 'you having better players than most of the people on your schedule'; just like many.

Let me clarify my comment. I wasn't referring to single seasons, I was referring to total records at each school. Never had anything above .500 anywhere in total. I'm sure he's a good coach, especially for Casey. Did McPeek apply for this job? I don't give him much respect on the Bell thread, but Casey may be a program I could see taking a risk on that type of situation.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Let me clarify my comment. I wasn't referring to single seasons, I was referring to total records at each school. Never had anything above .500 anywhere in total. I'm sure he's a good coach, especially for Casey. Did McPeek apply for this job? I don't give him much respect on the Bell thread, but Casey may be a program I could see taking a risk on that type of situation.

Kevin Wallace was 15 games below .500 in 10 years as the Head Coach at Warren East before getting the Bowling Green job (went back to BG as an assistant and was actually the Top 3-4 coaches turned it down. It came open in January, then again in late June). The rest is history there.

Ty Scroggins was below .500 in his few seasons at Doss before getting the Central job, and I don't think ever had a winning season while at Doss, either.

Mark Perry (LexCath HC) had an overall winning record at Washington County in his seven years there, but never won a playoff game (including years when they won 9 games in the regular season).

This record stuff is wayyyyy overblown much of the time, especially in this state.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Let me clarify my comment. I wasn't referring to single seasons, I was referring to total records at each school. Never had anything above .500 anywhere in total. I'm sure he's a good coach, especially for Casey. Did McPeek apply for this job? I don't give him much respect on the Bell thread, but Casey may be a program I could see taking a risk on that type of situation.

Not sure if he did or not to be honest.

As for Bell, it sounds to me like they better take who they can get.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Not sure if he did or not to be honest.

As for Bell, it sounds to me like they better take who they can get.

I agree with you on that. LOL