Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 35 Elizabethtown 14
Final.
Congratulations Knights. Etown soft schedule caught up with them IMO.
Crossbones Wrote:Congratulations Knights. Etown soft schedule caught up with them IMO.

I will actually disagree.

You dont reach Black Friday unless you are a good team and the Panthers beat two very good teams on their way here.

What caught Etown was depth. Too many guys playing each way and having to run wind sprints against that LexCath spread. LexCath made their hay in the 2nd Quarter and the 4th Quarter once the Panthers were breathing heavy.

Suffice to say though Coach Brown has Etown on the right track and their feeder system has some solid talent in it. If he can keep everyone in the City School and out of the County teams the Panthers will be a Top 10 team most every year with some isolated years where they will compete for a Title.

Have to limit those 2 way starters though in this buzzsaw of a class.
Good job Lex Cath. Great season Etown.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I will actually disagree.

You dont reach Black Friday unless you are a good team and the Panthers beat two very good teams on their way here.

What caught Etown was depth. Too many guys playing each way and having to run wind sprints against that LexCath spread. LexCath made their hay in the 2nd Quarter and the 4th Quarter once the Panthers were breathing heavy.

Suffice to say though Coach Brown has Etown on the right track and their feeder system has some solid talent in it. If he can keep everyone in the City School and out of the County teams the Panthers will be a Top 10 team most every year with some isolated years where they will compete for a Title.

Have to limit those 2 way starters though in this buzzsaw of a class.

I still say it was a soft schedule, in there 11 games played counting the first round they only played 2 maybe 3 teams with a winning schedule. I agree they beat Tillman, but they where not world beaters, but Caldwell County was their toughest opponent and it was a close win. The schedule was very soft on playing against winning teams. I agree that it takes a good team to make it that far but the schedule caught up with them.
Disagree completely..When you make it to the semifinals, you have a solid team and you've proven yourself.. I'd agree with you had they been beaten in the 1st or 2nd round, but, semi's, no way.. Just got beat by a team that was a little deeper that passed the ball a lot and wore the Panthers down.. Nothing more, nothing less..
Pulaski Co played a weak schedule in comparison to Highlands, too, but, didn't seem to hurt them..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Disagree completely..When you make it to the semifinals, you have a solid team and you've proven yourself.. I'd agree with you had they been beaten in the 1st or 2nd round, but, semi's, no way.. Just got beat by a team that was a little deeper that passed the ball a lot and wore the Panthers down.. Nothing more, nothing less..

I never said they were not a solid team. But if you look at their schedule and say it was against quality opponents, then you are wrong. The first four games alone, the teams only had four wins added together. Adair county and I believe Hart where the only two teams with a winning season. I just checked, Edmonston had a winning record. That's 3 teams with a winning record out of 11 games. Again, I did not say E Town was a weak team, just their schedule.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Pulaski Co played a weak schedule in comparison to Highlands, too, but, didn't seem to hurt them..

I never said in comparison to their opponent. They got beat at home by 21, while having really only 2 quality wins. Tillman and Caldwell.
Wow
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats LC, your reward you get Belfry in the state finals.
Congrats to LC. Beware the Jolly Roger flags are sailing your way. Congrats to ETown on a fine season.
Crossbones Wrote:I still say it was a soft schedule, in there 11 games played counting the first round they only played 2 maybe 3 teams with a winning schedule. I agree they beat Tillman, but they where not world beaters, but Caldwell County was their toughest opponent and it was a close win. The schedule was very soft on playing against winning teams. I agree that it takes a good team to make it that far but the schedule caught up with them.
Here's the deal, Catholic will give Belfry a game, regardless of Etown's schedule. Adair might not be world beaters but their best regular season ever (9-1) and Etown was the 1 loss that completely blew them out. When I watched Catholic play Louisville Central I couldn't believe they competed with that speed. I still don't know how Johnson Central beat them but I can only assume it was the coach tweaking with a 3 QB system, and/or some injuries as well. I still favor Belfry, but this would be a matchup that would worry me as a Belfry fan. Catholic keeps getting better and on a roll. I don't THINK they will be physical enough for Belfry. They have an explosive QB and a good sized line. Watch out for their spread.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Congrats LC, your reward you get Belfry in the state finals.

I would say they are looking forward to it. And I think that Belfry better stay humble. This game will be tougher than I think some think it will be. Catholic is so much better than they were early on this year, and even midseason. I have watched them play 3 times and every game they just got better. Central very nearly took them down, but Catholic's coaching adjustments at the half just slowed Central down and killed them when they got into the red zone. Belfry's power game will be something I don't know if Catholic can deal with but it will be an interesting matchup. Just like Belfry and Catholic was. No matter how good Belfry has been these couple of years, or how "down" Central was supposed to be, their games have been razor thin. Well that was Wayne county that snuck in there once on them. This will be a different kind of game, whoever adjusts best to the other team's style wins. Catholic needs nice weather, which possibly gives them more limited options.
LC good enough to beat Central and Boyle is all you got to say.
smoke1015 Wrote:Here's the deal, Catholic will give Belfry a game, regardless of Etown's schedule. Adair might not be world beaters but their best regular season ever (9-1) and Etown was the 1 loss that completely blew them out. When I watched Catholic play Louisville Central I couldn't believe they competed with that speed. I still don't know how Johnson Central beat them but I can only assume it was the coach tweaking with a 3 QB system, and/or some injuries as well. I still favor Belfry, but this would be a matchup that would worry me as a Belfry fan. Catholic keeps getting better and on a roll. I don't THINK they will be physical enough for Belfry. They have an explosive QB and a good sized line. Watch out for their spread.

That I have no doubt of. Lexington Catholic has a great team and could very well beat Belfry. All I was saying was that ETown' s schedule was weak. That can't be denied. I never once said they were not a good team or that even Lexington Catholic wasn't good. Lexington Catholic had as tough a schedule as anyone and made it through it with a couple of blemishes and a couple of signature wins. I wasn't discrediting any of the teams, just stating that ETown' s schedule hurt them and that was just my opinion. Had they played tougher opponents they might not have gotten beat by 21 at home.
Bones, you said that their weak schedule finally caught up to them, which most disagree.. No one has disagreed that E'Town didn't play a strong schedule. Each time you bring it up, you're beating a dead horse because I think everyone that's followed them, knows they didn't. They've been questioned for the last 2 weeks because of it.. They beat a PT team who played a murderous schedule, then they beat a very strong Caldwell team the following week.. From that point on, the weak schedule questions should have went away//