Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 68 Boyle Co. 65
Final from Johnson Central. 15th region POY candidate Teddy Smith scored career-high 25 points for the Hawks.
how did the two new kids. blake and montrell do.
Boyle Co was Winning by 14 With 2:00 Left and took all their starters out but the hawks left their starters in if that tells you anything. Very disgraceful!!!
How is that disgraceful? Coach May is giving the kids that is going to give them a chance at the end of games to prepare for those situations. There is nothing "disgraceful" about it. Teams scrimmage to prepare for the season that is all it boils down to not to say hey we beat a really good Boyle Co. team. I am sure that Coach May is not completely satisfied with how they played against the Boyle starters if they were down by 15, but who is during pre-season. Pike Central has some talent that will surprise people this season even with Dixson gone.
Playing your starters against Boyle Co. 3rd string is preparing them for what? Don't get me wrong, I think coach May is a good coach and the Hawks have some talent but Boyle had better talent. After coaching for 25 yrs I have never played my starters against subs no matter if I was winning or loosing.
Montrell wasn't there and the Blake kid didn't play much.
phantaysia Wrote:Playing your starters against Boyle Co. 3rd string is preparing them for what? Don't get me wrong, I think coach May is a good coach and the Hawks have some talent but Boyle had better talent. After coaching for 25 yrs I have never played my starters against subs no matter if I was winning or loosing.

Preparing them for situations and to not give up. Yes it may not be as beneficial against "3rd" string but it does give them the opportunity to be in that situation and see if they can just execute plays. But you've been coaching a lot longer than I, so I may be thinking too much into it. I just believe that the word disgraceful is probably not the best word to describe it.