Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3a playoffs
Which districts play each other this year?
Hawk101 Wrote:Which districts play each other this year?
Our district lines up with Russel's district. Other than that I really don't know.
Hawk101 Wrote:Which districts play each other this year?

1 (Tilghman/Caldwell) vs 2 (Etown/Adair) REGION 1
3 (Central/Henry Co) vs 4 (Boyle/LexCath) REGION 2

5 (Fleming Co/Russell) vs 6 (Belfry/Lawrence) REGION 3
7 (Breathitt/Morgan) vs 8 (Corbin /Bell) REGION 4

As of right now for you as a Pike Central fan (This may change after tonight)

6/1. Belfry vs. 5/4. Bath Co @ Belfry
5/2. Russell vs. 6/3. Pike Central @ Russell

5/1. Fleming County vs. 6/4. Sheldon Clark @ Fleming Co
6/2. Lawrence County vs. 5/3. West Carter @ Lawrence Co

If Fleming County wins vs. West Carter they will host as long as they win..
[quote=EKUAlum05]1 (Tilghman/Caldwell) vs 2 (Etown/Adair) REGION 1

If Fleming County wins vs. West Carter they will host as long as they win..[/
QUOTE]

I see this changing after tonight.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:[quote=EKUAlum05]1 (Tilghman/Caldwell) vs 2 (Etown/Adair) REGION 1

If Fleming County wins vs. West Carter they will host as long as they win..[/
QUOTE]

I see this changing after tonight.

You think West Carter beats Fleming and forces a 3 way tie?

A 3 way tie definitely favors West carter and Russell more than Fleming FWIW.
Central/ Boyle will be a heck of a regional final
which schools are in Pike Central district?
Central/ Boyle will be a heck of a regional final

Not sure after last night if I see that Boyle's coach has never defeated Lex. Cath. I see Central coming out of the west more so than anyone else knowing that they defeated St. X earlier this season and we saw what #5 in 6A did to #1 closest game of the year for Male!
7&87 look something like this

(4) Jackson County @ (1) Powell County
(3) Casey County @ (2) Breathitt County
(3) Estill County @ (2) Bell County
(4) Knott Central @ (1) Corbin

Knott Central, Morgan County and Magoffin County are 1-3 in district play. Knott has beat Morgan 36-22, Morgan has beat Magoffin 32-6, Magoffin has beat Knott Central 54-35.

Magoffin only out of district win, Betsy Layne 42-0

Morgan has 2 out of district wins, Betsy Layne 56-0, Allen Central 34-6

lKnott Central has 3 out of district wins, South Floyd 50-40, Betsy Layne 44-40, East Ridge 33-28
outsider Wrote:Central/ Boyle will be a heck of a regional final

Not sure after last night if I see that Boyle's coach has never defeated Lex. Cath. I see Central coming out of the west more so than anyone else knowing that they defeated St. X earlier this season and we saw what #5 in 6A did to #1 closest game of the year for Male!

Won't be in the finals now. It will be a second round matchup at Central.
This is a crazy year Knox beat Central Wayne Co beat Knox and Bell Co. Beat Wayne Co. I just don't know who is going to show up. ( SMH )
Maybe it's just this close.
E's Army Wrote:Central/ Boyle will be a heck of a regional final

Catholic showed why I don't bet on football
It's not a AAA game per se, but you will know more about Caldwell after the Oct. 30 game with Mayfield and it's at Caldwell. I think Caldwell's defense is a bit overstated but they do have multiple offensive weapons and Tilghman-like speed.

So the annual Halloween surprise game with Mayfield could be a classic and also predictive of what Caldwell does in the playoffs.
Tica Wrote:It's not a AAA game per se, but you will know more about Caldwell after the Oct. 30 game with Mayfield and it's at Caldwell. I think Caldwell's defense is a bit overstated but they do have multiple offensive weapons and Tilghman-like speed.

So the annual Halloween surprise game with Mayfield could be a classic and also predictive of what Caldwell does in the playoffs.

I don't think the game with Mayfield will tell us much. Lets say they beat Mayfield in a close 1. Does that make you think they will win 3a? IMO they better beat Mayfield by 30 at home for me to think they have a shot at 3a. Mayfield has struggled alittle lately, but when Trajon Bright returns it will help. I seen on the other site where some say this is Caldwells best team under Barnes, and they are 10 points better than last year. I do not buy that at all. The Offense was definitely better last year, and even if, and I say if there D is better how much better is it. To start there season the schedule looked tough, but now I don't think so. Christian barely beat a down Graves, and was destroyed by Bowling Green, and Owensboro. Franklin-Simpson who was supposed to be good proved otherwise, and even lost to Allen County-Scottsville. North Hardin has lost a lot of games. Paducah Tilghman may be as good a team as Caldwell played, and that was without the starting Qb for 3 qrtrs, and it was a game until less than 2 minutes to go. Am I supposed to be impressed with a D that gave up 35 to North Hardin, and 27 to a Quarterbackless Tilghman? I think Mayfield will beat Caldwell, but even if they don't a narrow victory for Caldwell wont convince me Caldwell can beat Boyle, Lex Cath, or Central.
Mayfield could compete in any regional 3A final in the state. Not saying they could beat Catholic, Boyle or Central, but they could play them close to even. They have beaten Tilghman. Narrowly lost to McCracken. Beaten Murray. Beaten Corbin which manhandled Bell Co.

If Caldwell cannot plant their flag in this game, then it is predictive of how Caldwell will fare because it's not going to get any easier once the playoffs get past 2nd round. Caldwell will have two weeks' rest and should have everyone healthy.

So it's arguably a bellwether game.
Tica Wrote:Mayfield could compete in any regional 3A final in the state. Not saying they could beat Catholic, Boyle or Central, but they could play them close to even. They have beaten Tilghman. Narrowly lost to McCracken. Beaten Murray. Beaten Corbin which manhandled Bell Co.

If Caldwell cannot plant their flag in this game, then it is predictive of how Caldwell will fare because it's not going to get any easier once the playoffs get past 2nd round. Caldwell will have two weeks' rest and should have everyone healthy.

So it's arguably a bellwether game.

A what game?
I don't think they could make the 3a alignment more annoying to figure out. Never understood why Magoffin wasn't added to our district to make it 5 teams. I heard this was proposed but it didn't happen for whatever reason. Anyone have any info as to why Magoffin never came to district 6?
0ff The Chain Wrote:I don't think they could make the 3a alignment more annoying to figure out. Never understood why Magoffin wasn't added to our district to make it 5 teams. I heard this was proposed but it didn't happen for whatever reason. Anyone have any info as to why Magoffin never came to district 6?

Magoffin, Knott Central, or for that matter even Russell could have become part of district 6 as district 5 has 6 teams as well.
Nobody wants to be in the district with belfry!
The real 3A realignment gift was to Etown - moving them out of a district with Central into what is arguably the weakest 3A district in the state.
Seems odd seeing Belfry in Region 3. Works out for them though, as they will likely host the state semis there this year.
Looks like there might be rain for Mayfield at Caldwell next Saturday night, going to be a big game.
Wise man once said not all of the water on a wet field has to fall from the sky.
Tica Wrote:The real 3A realignment gift was to Etown - moving them out of a district with Central into what is arguably the weakest 3A district in the state.

The Powell Breathitt District is painfully bad...but Etown did benefit
Don't see anybody in that district that could be Bell or Corbin
Edmonson Co. has knocked some heads in that district in the past but not for a few years. Now that Monroe has downsized to 2A, E-town can punch its ticket nearly at will.

But the way Central has solidified, they have to be the 3A favs. Henry was not a bad team at all and Central just eviscerated them.
Eviscerated. A lot of syllables in that word. This is bluegrass rivals not a spelling bee
outsider Wrote:Central/ Boyle will be a heck of a regional final

Chuck Smith is 6-6 against Lexington Catholic that includes both tenures at Boyle. The series between Boyle and Lexington Catholic is tied at 12 games each.