Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
80.00%
West Carter
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ West Carter 9/25
Thoughts & Predictions
This should be the game that will likely decide who wins district unless there's any upsets.
This West Carter team is in the same boat as Greenup county. They have been bad for years and have improved a bunch and they are going to get someone, but I like Russell in this one 35-14
The Devils are way too physical for WC. I think WC will get a few long scores but not enough to keep it close. Russell 42-14.
Russell will win this game with ease. West Carter may have a little better team than usual, but it won't be good enough to make this one close. Russell should roll through their entire district schedule.
West carter's backfield is to fast for Russell , west caters defensive ends are to much for Russell . Russell 20 west carter 28
Wanna bet?
Russell 35
West Carter 07

:yikes:
Russell by 20
West 35 to 34
Contain the QB and his brother and you win. Miss a tackle and you wont catch either one of them.
Bad night for the Comets this Friday in Olive Hill... Russell rolls 42-20.... Gotta love them tight ends!!
Russell34
West Carter 14
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Contain the QB and his brother and you win. Miss a tackle and you wont catch either one of them.

Accurate. WC runs the UPS offense...what can Brown do for you. The 2 brothers and the cousin are going to get the call 99% of the time. Worry about them in that order.
Russell - 36

West Carter - 14
I have a feeling that Spencer Cole will get as many carries as Nick Conley. McKee will be back and I just don't see West stopping the triple threat. I was amazed with the speed that Cole has and I expect a big night out of him.
not sure who wins but this game should determine the 1/2 seeds in district.
Cole has good speed. Runs the 4X400 and 100M in track. Having McKee back behind the QB is also a huge moral boost to the team. Hard to lead a team from the sidelines but glad he was put on hold till Districts when it really matters.
I think Russell wins, but it should be much closer than some are predicting.
West Carter is much improved and has some speed but Russell should be able to bottle it up for the most part. I look for a well coached, more physical Russell team to win this game. 35-20
I got Russell beating West Carter 42-21
Getting Jacob McKee back gives Russell another big playmaker on offense. For all the talk of West Carter's speed, Russell has a little of its own. McKee, Conley, and Cole are capable of taking it to the house on any given play.

I expect West to break a long one or two, but in the end, Russell's depth and physicality will earn them a W.

Devils 34
Comets 14

Does anyone know about Nick Pennington's status?
Until Russell played a very young and not very good Boyd team their offense was spudering. McKee wasn't exactly lighting it up before he got hurt. Think West could cause Russell some problems if they can block. That said I think Russell wears down West in the 2nd half and pulls away 35-20. Could be close at halftime.
T-CATS Wrote:Until Russell played a very young and not very good Boyd team their offense was spudering. McKee wasn't exactly lighting it up before he got hurt. Think West could cause Russell some problems if they can block. That said I think Russell wears down West in the 2nd half and pulls away 35-20. Could be close at halftime.

Jacob's only played about 6 quarters of football so far this season. He was solid against Greenup(1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD) and was playing well enough against Ironton before the injuries. He was a dual 1,000 yard rusher and passer last year. As long as he's healthy, I'm confident he'll produce.
Agree devils improve with Mckee, someone said shot of confidence. Agree with other backs as well playing bigger part. Good or bad this begins the portion of the schedule where Russells experience starting in JFL takes over and the Devils cruze. It's always clear the Russell kids have played much more football than spread out county schools.
Russell
Devils by 2 TD's.
Russell 35

West Carter 14
West Carter 28-27
Russell....
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed