Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 72 Russell 65
final
Congrats to The lady pirates on the first place in the country music highway classic.
From what I hear there was alot of fouls called on Russell.
WOW, did not see this one coming.
mcfan1 Wrote:WOW, did not see this one coming.

Ashland annoucers when they came on for the ashland pregame said russell had 9 fouls on them in one half alone compared to Belfry 1 foul.
Said fortman was sitting very early i think first or sec quarter so that hurt bad.
Yeah, the refs were terrible the whole tournament.
If Fortman had to sit a lot, then Russell was in dire straits. She is the MVP of the 16th so far.
Let's not fall back on the blame-the-referees nonsense. Amanda has a very good team over there at Belfry and the Lady Pirates could well be atop the 15th Region heap at the end of the regional tournament.

(At which time they'll get stuck with the worst draw in the Sweet 16, as usual. Smile )
Congrats Belfry
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:From what I hear there was alot of fouls called on Russell.
In the first half, fouls were like 7-1 Russell, for the most part of the second half (until the last 4:00), it was the other way around. Belfry's defense and points off turnovers were too much for Russell in this game.
Maui Nick Wrote:Let's not fall back on the blame-the-referees nonsense. Amanda has a very good team over there at Belfry and the Lady Pirates could well be atop the 15th Region heap at the end of the regional tournament.

(At which time they'll get stuck with the worst draw in the Sweet 16, as usual. Smile )

wouldnt count my chickens before they hatch...Belfry has a long road ahead of them...

Congrats to Amanda i have had the great privlege to know her for some time...wish she had stayed a Hawk but will always be one in the hearts of the Central Faithful...I hope to see her in state very soon just not this year lol...my Lady Hawks need to be there first haha...TongueirateSho
congrats Belfry
Belfry was 14-20 at the foul line and Russell 11-15. Not to big of a difference if you ask me. Just maybe this Belfry team is good.
My advice to Russell is learn your big girls to play against a smaller team. You cant jump over them and get the rebound just because your bigger, a foul is a foul.
I ran into one of the assistant coaches last night and he told me that Russell was huge and physical. He said that they limited their press and stayed mainly in a half court defense. He did say he thought that Russell would be in the Sweet 16 come March and if Belfry continues to improve and get a little deeper on the bench they will also be there. Congrats Lady Pirates:1:
This was a huge upset wasnt it guys?
Congrats BHS. You are the best in region right now.
Good job Lady Pirates,,,, Russell will continue to improve and that is scary for eveyone.... I can Russell getting a big shot later in the season...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats Lady Pirates
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Good job Lady Pirates,,,, Russell will continue to improve and that is scary for eveyone.... I can Russell getting a big shot later in the season...
from what i seen they were worn out 4 games in four days and they had to chase around those little guards at Magoffin the first day took alot out of them the coach told me the second day the girls just fell over that night they are for real though should win the region that is the biggest girls team i have seen in a while and all seem to shoot well and defend well
congrats Belfry
Belfry did a great job!! Defense was great. Russell is a very good team. They rely on their inside game. Fouls evened out for the game Russell was in foul trouble the 1st half and Belfry the second half. Game was called pretty good.
Both teams will be teams to watch as March gets closer