Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Mayfield @ #5 Paducah Tilghman 9/4
killbilly usmc Wrote:I seen somewere where Tilghman has a 1 game lead in the series. The record is 46-45-10. If Mayfield wins its 10 in a row, but it will tie the series. The only rivalry older in the state is Male/Manuel, which has been a 1 sided rivalry as Male has them over doubled in wins if I remember correctly. I doubt there are many rivalries in the nation with over a 100 games played, and the series being this dead even. Good luck Mayfield win this 1, and then again next year to take the lead for the 1st time in a very long time.

barnabus_c2001 Wrote:If im not mistaken last year tied the series and we could take the lead this year.

Both of you are correct in a way. Mayfield records indicate a current tie and PT records show a 1 game PT lead. The year that shows different results in back in the early 19 teens.

I will go ahead and tell you that I recognize the Mayfield records as being the correct one :biggrin:
I second that.
mysonis55 Wrote:I second that.

Go to bed 55 before you get into trouble for posting rankings again.
Getting a little crazy with rules around here v
killbilly usmc Wrote:Go to bed 55 before you get into trouble for posting rankings again.

:biglmao:
Pt 35-21
Stats are in.

Mayfield
385 yards total offense
150 yards rushing
235 yards passing
10 penalties for 70 yards
Fumbles: 5-3
18 first downs

PT
217 yards total offense
153 yards rushing
64 yards passing
12 penalties for 100 yards
Fumbles: 2-2

I really didn't think PT had more than 100 yards total. I guess we just kept the ball so much it fooled me.
mysonis55 Wrote:Stats are in.

Mayfield
385 yards total offense
150 yards rushing
235 yards passing
10 penalties for 70 yards
Fumbles: 5-3
18 first downs

PT
217 yards total offense
153 yards rushing
64 yards passing
12 penalties for 100 yards
Fumbles: 2-2

I really didn't think PT had more than 100 yards total. I guess we just kept the ball so much it fooled me.

better clean the fumbles and penalties up before you face DeSales Smile
2 of those were about as fluke as they could have been. I'm not worried about the fumbles too much. One of them was from Bright and he only fumbled once all last year. The other a muffed punt by Mr Sure Hands Lane Kennemore. I wouldn't expect another one of those all year. That kid just doesn't beat himself.