Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "IGNORE" option
BGR folks, I have spoken to two members of this site just today that did not know about the "ignore" option. These two were ready to leave BGR because of some trolling, but I'm hopeful they will stay now.

Trolls are a fact of life. They don't really bother me; sometimes I even like to banter with them. But evidently, they DO bother other posters.

BGR has loosened some of their regulations over the past few years. I think that's a good thing, really. The only thing that the moderators can do is follow the rules that are listed for the website. So even if a post makes you mad or aimed straight at you in a baiting maneuver, nothing can be done about it unless rules have been broken.

That's where the "IGNORE" option comes into play. Everyone has this option, and you can add as many trolls to it as you like. Once you add a name, then you will never see another post from that person unless you remove them from your ignore list.

Here's how it works:

First, know EXACTLY how your troll's name appears. Make note of any spaces, underlines, etc. Then in the upper left corner of the screen choose "UserCP". Next look in the left margin for "Edit Ignore List". When you choose that option, a box will appear and you can add name(s) of those people you want to ignore.

It's that easy. So if someone is pulling your chain; just "ignore" them!

Happy posting!!!
I'm with you Granny. If they could put a coherent sentence together, or if they actually came up with original material it might bother me, but really they are just making themselves or their own fanbases look bad so why should I get upset about it?
Granny Warrior Grandpa is trying to reveal my identity. That is a ban according to the rules. Are you going to allow that?
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm with you Granny. If they could put a coherent sentence together, or if they actually came up with original material it might bother me, but really they are just making themselves or their own fanbases look bad so why should I get upset about it?

they seem to switch fan bases lol
Lilly Wrote:Granny Warrior Grandpa is trying to reveal my identity. That is a ban according to the rules. Are you going to allow that?

Please show me the thread and post where Warrior Grandpa has EVER done anything........

You were so anxious to tell on somebody, that I do believe you've gotten the names confused Lilly.

Now, run along and play nice.
Mod-a-hater

Liked 2,293 Times in 1,574 Posts
zaga_fan is on a distinguished road
We pride ourselves at BGR as a place where people can come and talk about sports and other topics under a veil of anonymity. It's part of what makes this place great.

A lot of us know each other and associate with other users outside of this site.
So it's safe to say that we all know a few users on a first-name basis...
BUT we need to keep that info to ourselves.

Are you friends with a user on facebook? That's great! But don't call them by name on here.
Do you know where another user works? Awesome. Keep that to yourself.

This is a serious rule and will be met with banishment for anyone violating it.
Send a private message to zaga_fan Add zaga_fan to Your Contacts
- See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...k7fAB.dpuf
And I did have the name wrong.But that is a admins post above. As I said different rules for different people.
You are always the victim, aren't you Lilly?

Now this time ONLY, I will explain to you my reasoning behind what I did.

No one that I saw revealed your name...just hinted at a position that you may or may not have had in the past. If you think that qualifies for banishment, then take it up with zaga fan, as he was the one who posted that.

Now I am finished with qualifying anything to you.
My point exactly....
I'd take it easy on Lilly Granny. I believe she's just a kid.
You can also click on some ones name and a menu pops up giving you the option to add them to your ignore list
I learn something new every day!!

Thank you!