Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos the best football player in 1 A football?
so who's the best?
in the mountains or the whole state?
I'm not sure if he's the best but Scott Grizzle of Raceland is surely one of the best in 1A.
agreed on that RefDevil,, I have seen him play twice this year and he looks solid
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
In eastern KY I would have to say Daniel Pugh
John Cole
dan pugh
Boomer86 Wrote:In eastern KY I would have to say Daniel Pugh
i agree...
the mountains...
In the state probably someone from NKY or in Region 2. In the mountains, I've heard a lot about the kid from Raceland and the Pugh boy.
Boomer86 Wrote:In eastern KY I would have to say Daniel Pugh

yea, this could be a safe bet...pugh is almost impossible to tackle, if u could hit him u can tackle him, u juss cant hit em.. hes FAST
Zach Kiernan fron Newoprt Catholic (1A) just verballed to University of Louisville for football.
From what I saw at last nights game Pugh couldnt get wet playin in the creek...lol.. I didnt see where he could be the best player in 1A..He didnt impress me much on O or On D.
Old_Trojan Wrote:From what I saw at last nights game Pugh couldnt get wet playin in the creek...lol.. I didnt see where he could be the best player in 1A..He didnt impress me much on O or On D.

he must have been having a really bad game...he is usually a PLAYMAKER from the QB position.
I saw Pugh and Grizzle go head to head in Pikeville at a scrimmage. Both of them are great QB's but lets just put it this way. Within 10 minutes of the game, Grizzle had ran for a 50 yd TD and thrown a TD and Paintsville hadnt crossed the 50 yard line.
There's way to many guys to name for this...
Vicars from NCC
Harmon from Pikeville
Grizzle from Raceland
Pugh from Paintsville
Johnson from Phelps
Deaton from Somerset
I think Pugh is a little overrated, he was a lot better last year...he was good but not THAT good. He hasnt had near as many yards from last year, I think hazard held him to under 25, Pikeville close to that number...i just dont see him as the best in east ky. In my opinion this would go to Harmon of pikeville, Or olinger or hoskins from Hazard.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I think Pugh is a little overrated, he was a lot better last year...he was good but not THAT good. He hasnt had near as many yards from last year, I think hazard held him to under 25, Pikeville close to that number...i just dont see him as the best in east ky. In my opinion this would go to Harmon of pikeville, Or olinger or hoskins from Hazard.

Pugh didn't have as many yards this year because they graduated their whole line basically I think, so it's understandable for him to not of had as many yards this year as last
Panther#42 Wrote:There's way to many guys to name for this...
Vicars from NCC
Harmon from Pikeville
Grizzle from Raceland
Pugh from Paintsville
Johnson from Phelps
Deaton from Somerset
You left off John Cole from Somerset and Joe Roskopf from Lynn Camp who had over 2000 yards rushing this year.
definately have to say michael vicars for newcath, he set a state record for most all purpose yards in a game with 399 or somethin like that. Whats there to argue on that point? he did it against a yearly 1A powerhouse in danville also, that IMO makes that record hold more water
nptnorse06 Wrote:definately have to say michael vicars for newcath, he set a state record for most all purpose yards in a game with 399 or somethin like that. Whats there to argue on that point? he did it against a yearly 1A powerhouse in danville also, that IMO makes that record hold more water

Im sure there were other records broken this year, I think the Cole kid from Somerset broke the recieving yards in a season record this past year
Panther#42 Wrote:There's way to many guys to name for this...
Vicars from NCC
Harmon from Pikeville
Grizzle from Raceland
Pugh from Paintsville
Johnson from Phelps
Deaton from Somerset

Come on brother. This everybody in class A, not just teams in Eastern Kentucky. I don't know if he would be on my list even then. With that Pikeville avatar you must be smarter than that.
Personally I think Class A might have had the best receiver in the state this year in John Cole. I am not from Somerset nor do I like Somerset but this kid can play. He is a legit 4.4-4.5 forty guy with unbelievable hands. To watch him stick his routes is unbelievable. He is my pick along with the Vicars kid from NCC.
HazzBeen Wrote:Come on brother. This everybody in class A, not just teams in Eastern Kentucky. I don't know if he would be on my list even then. With that Pikeville avatar you must be smarter than that.

I couldn't really think of any other name's heard outside of EKY except Vicars of NCC, I thought about mayfield,beechwood,danville...all the good teams, but I couldn't think of one name from those team's
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I think Pugh is a little overrated, he was a lot better last year...he was good but not THAT good. He hasnt had near as many yards from last year, I think hazard held him to under 25, Pikeville close to that number...i just dont see him as the best in east ky. In my opinion this would go to Harmon of pikeville, Or olinger or hoskins from Hazard.
i agree the boys good but way too overrated. Def not the BEST.