Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 66 Sheldon Clark 65
IntheZone Wrote:He carrys the ball around in honor of his late father who was a coach with him at SC they sit a bow tie on top of it because he always rocked a bow tie. He has a seat that it sits in on the bench.

I knew about the bow tie, not the ball.

Nice on his part.
[quote=Tiger77]Don't know anything about shirts but I do know that Frankie Smith got what he deserved. Tough loss for him in his last game as Cardinal coach.[/QUOTE

He got what he deserved when he beat JC too. They also know all about those tough loses don't they? Lol
A fantastic ball game by both teams. No one can tarnish this game. Frankie is a great coach and a great guy. It was a fantastic finish, and in my opinion one of the most exciting finishes in 15th region tournament history, correct me if I'm wrong. The Bulldogs found a way to win. Cardinals played great in the second half except for the last 1:09 which ended up costing them the ball game. Austin Chaffins willed his team to victory. That kid wanted to win and did everything he could. Thank you to both teams for the awesome game. As a fan of basketball I appreciate a great game like that.
Just curious why JC cannot let go of the loss in the 57th District Championship Game? I don't even know much about Coach Smith but am now a fan of his. Just because he has and knows how to get under JC's skin! I got to give him a few pointers though. Instead of cutting down the net I would have had removed the whole backboard and rim and took it home with me! Confusednicker:
SC has two 2 men dressed in black and a player that reminds me of a bobble head!!!
This was one of the best basketball games I have ever witnessed. Great game by both teams. Thrilling finish from LC. Those kids just refused to lose.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:A fantastic ball game by both teams. No one can tarnish this game. Frankie is a great coach and a great guy. It was a fantastic finish, and in my opinion one of the most exciting finishes in 15th region tournament history, correct me if I'm wrong. The Bulldogs found a way to win. Cardinals played great in the second half except for the last 1:09 which ended up costing them the ball game. Austin Chaffins willed his team to victory. That kid wanted to win and did everything he could. Thank you to both teams for the awesome game. As a fan of basketball I appreciate a great game like that.
So bc Chaffins hits a couple big shots at a crucial point, and HE willed his team to victory? From the best I can tell LC needed every single point that the TEAM scored to get this victory. Austin done a great job and made the plays they needed at the right time, but you make it sound like he told his teammates to go sit on the bench and let him take over bc "that kid wanted to win". They all wanted to win. I don't know any of them that wished they lost.