Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagle Madness!!!!!!
rooster Wrote:Some of you all need to really know what you are talking about on this subject before you start posting some of your expert opinions.

Since the school was formed in 1969 they have won the region now 5 times. Only Paintsville has more regional titles (7) in that same time span, so it has not been as rare as some of you all are making it out to be.

The fact is if you had to wait to win a state championship out of the 15th region before you got some type of a ring, then most might be waiting a lifetime, because it has only happened 3 times in 15th region history. Inez did it twice and Paintsville once.

Also it has NOT been a tradition for the previous regional champion to buy the next regional champion rings. There have only been two regional champion teams receive rings. The 2000 team and the 2006 team, and THOSE ARE THE ONLY TWO to ever receive them. But I do think that it is a nice gesture for the boosters to give a little something to commemorate something that a very select few will ever get the chance to experience.

Hey rooster, your own fans said that it was a tradition and that it was rare, not me or IRISH. If the 2000 team got rings too then I'll drop the conversation, just one question, how come Phillip Wireman and his girls didn't get any rings when they won the region in 02'???
Redneck Wrote:Hey rooster, your own fans said that it was a tradition and that it was rare, not me or IRISH. If the 2000 team got rings too then I'll drop the conversation, just one question, how come Phillip Wireman and his girls didn't get any rings when they won the region in 02'???
I wasn't talking to you.

As far as the other question, you'd have to ask Phillip.
rooster Wrote:I wasn't talking to you.

As far as the other question, you'd have to ask Phillip.

So I guess that means you were talking to me. Well aren't I the lucky one Rolleyes I was going by the info some of your die-hards left me. I know it'll be a long time before someone from the 15th will win the State Championship, but who cares. The region's talent pool has depleted over the years and continues to do so. Rings are a good jesture, don't get me wrong, but it's like they are settling just making it to Rupp is all I'm saying. Buy a patch for the jacket or something....most kids will probably lose something as small as a ring since they don't wear it everyday (I lost mine about a month or two after I had it and got a replacement).
Forum's off topic! Closed!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill