Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Alum Big Nate Mcpeek in the "We Are....Marshall" movie!!!!
Saw the movie last night during a sneak peek. Awesome!!!!! Right there with "RUDY" and "North Dallas 40!"

Had 5-6 throat frogs! Nearly busted a tear.

At the end of the movie they showed clips of the greatest moments in Marshall football history. Big Nate Mcpeek and the other O lineman carrying Byron Leftwich down the field during the MAC Championship game. One of the greatest moments in College football history.
My mom's old boyfriend was on that plane. His name was Roger Vanover. He grew up in Louisa and moved to Russell. I'm pretty sure he is the only guy from KY that died on the plane. I know Nate too. That is cool! I can't wait to see the movie. Hunington LOVES their Thundering Heard!
Yes! Roger Vanover was also a Russell Graduate. RHS History runs rich in the Marshall football tradition. May his name forever live on!
DevilsWin Wrote:Saw the movie last night during a sneak peek. Awesome!!!!! Right there with "RUDY" and "North Dallas 40!"

Had 5-6 throat frogs! Nearly busted a tear.

At the end of the movie they showed clips of the greatest moments in Marshall football history. Big Nate Mcpeek and the other O lineman carrying Byron Leftwich down the field during the MAC Championship game. One of the greatest moments in College football history.

Nice!!!!
Brock Taylor, a former Paintsville High School graduate, father was supposed to be on the plane. He however did not make the trip because he was either sick or injured. It is one of those tragic events that make you wonder, why me. I am really looking forward to watching this movie. If it is anything like "Rudy" I'm sure I will bust out in tears, that has to be one of the top movies, in general, ever.
bulldog42 Wrote:My mom's old boyfriend was on that plane. His name was Roger Vanover. He grew up in Louisa and moved to Russell. I'm pretty sure he is the only guy from KY that died on the plane. I know Nate too. That is cool! I can't wait to see the movie. Hunington LOVES their Thundering Heard!

check out the bottom of the high school web site..
http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/reddevi...insite.htm

Nice little piece on Roger...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
BIGBLACK Wrote:Brock Taylor, a former Paintsville High School graduate, father was supposed to be on the plane. He however did not make the trip because he was either sick or injured. It is one of those tragic events that make you wonder, why me. I am really looking forward to watching this movie. If it is anything like "Rudy" I'm sure I will bust out in tears, that has to be one of the top movies, in general, ever.

Did he return to play during the 1971 season? Only 3 players and 1 coach from 1970 team did not make the trip. 2 stayed and the 3rd couldn't bring himself to take the field ever again.
bulldog42 Wrote:My mom's old boyfriend was on that plane. His name was Roger Vanover. He grew up in Louisa and moved to Russell. I'm pretty sure he is the only guy from KY that died on the plane. I know Nate too. That is cool! I can't wait to see the movie. Hunington LOVES their Thundering Heard!

I can't wait to watch the movie. Yeah Vanover's mother lives her in Paintsville now, in a little community called Thelma. I seen the article in the Big Sandy News about a month ago.
I can't wait to see this movie. I hope its as good as everyone says it is.

But I hate to hear about Roger Vanover, RIP.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Wow, that's neat...I'll have to go check that movie out now!
DevilsWin Wrote:Did he return to play during the 1971 season? Only 3 players and 1 coach from 1970 team did not make the trip. 2 stayed and the 3rd couldn't bring himself to take the field ever again.

I believe he did not play after that, but I'm not 100% for sure though. I will get in contact with him and find out.
This is great and i can wait to to watch it the preveiw gives me chill bumps.
for everyone that wants toknow more about roger vanover go here

http://www.reddevilsports.com
this link takes youto the home page for the sports, I dont see anything on there about Roger....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:this link takes youto the home page for the sports, I dont see anything on there about Roger....

Its at the bottom of the page.