Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County at Garrard County 10/24
Estill County (6-2) averaging 41 points per game while allowing 15 per game..

Garrard County (7-1) averaging 29 points per game while allowing 10 points per game.

Predictions?
I think Garrard pulls it out at home, but Estill is playing very well. It will probably be closer
than most think. If Estill wins, it creates a 3-way tie for 1st in the district. If Garrard wins,
it locks up 1st seed and home field for playoffs.
Golden Lions 28-14
I could see Jones giving Garrard fits...but when it is said and done Garrard is too strong on defense and too sound fundamentally offensively.

See a "bend but don't break" kind of night for Garrard

GC 36
Estill 19
I see Estill Co. winning this one, how would a 3 way tie work in this district?
Thrillex Wrote:I see Estill Co. winning this one, how would a 3 way tie work in this district?
Current points

GARRARD:
Casey Co-4
Lincoln Co- 3
Wayne Co- 3
Western Hills- 3
*West Jessamine-1
Current Points: 13
Most Likely Points: 15

ESTILL:
Magoffin- 5
Western Hills- 3
Morgan Co- 2
Powell Co- 2
*McCreary Cen-0
Current Points: 12
Most Likely Points: 14

BOURBON:
Western Hills-3
Breathitt- 3
Montgomery- 2
Powell Co- 2
* Bath County- 1
* GRC-3

Current Total Points: 10

If Estill wins this will be one of the closest 3-way tiebreakers in the State and literally is too close to call.

I will say none of the most likely scenarios favor Estill winning the District...especially with McCreary Central left who will not help their points any. Garrard is in the best position right now, but Bourbon has the best chance to have teams help them.
Wow! So Bourbon could end up being a 3 seed? So a possible pre season Region Final matchup(Bourbon/Mason) could end up being a first round game, Crazy.
Thrillex Wrote:Wow! So Bourbon could end up being a 3 seed? So a possible pre season Region Final matchup(Bourbon/Mason) could end up being a first round game, Crazy.

Bourbon being a 3 seed is unlikely but not out of the realm of possibilities.

The only way they finish 3rd is if Estill wins the tiebreaker, which is the least likely scenario.

Remember after the tiebreaker determines the winner Head to head determines 2nd. The two msot liekly scenarios are that Garrard or Bourbon wold win the tiebreaker..and in any case the Bourbon would be guaranteed at no worst 2nd.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Current points

GARRARD:
Casey Co-4
Lincoln Co- 3
Wayne Co- 3
Western Hills- 3
*West Jessamine-1
Current Points: 13

ESTILL:
Magoffin- 5
Western Hills- 3
Morgan Co- 2
Powell Co- 2
*McCreary Cen-0
Current Points: 12
Most Likely Points: 14

BOURBON:
Western Hills-3
Breathitt- 3
Montgomery- 2
Powell Co- 2
* Bath County- 1
* GRC-3

Current Total Points: 10

If Estill wins this will be one of the closest 3-way tiebreakers in the State and literally is too close to call.

I will say none of the most likely scenarios favor Estill winning the District...especially with McCreary Central left who will not help their points any. Garrard is in the best position right now, but Bourbon has the best chance to have teams help them.

Does the three way tie-breaker rules state that wins can be counted from any 4 of the teams they have beaten, or do they total up all wins not involving the teams in the tie-breaker?
As long as Estill doesn't turn the ball over, I see them winning a close game, the Jones kid is a difference maker.
TheIntimidator Wrote:Does the three way tie-breaker rules state that wins can be counted from any 4 of the teams they have beaten, or do they total up all wins not involving the teams in the tie-breaker?

Cannot be a team included in the tie breaker.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Cannot be a team included in the tie breaker.

But they only count four teams correct? Not the entire achedule.
TheIntimidator Wrote:But they only count four teams correct? Not the entire achedule.

Correct. Top 4 wins.
I think Estill goes to Mason County in the first round of the playoffs.
Estill has had a great year but I'm picking Garrard by 7 in this one.
Wouldn't worry about the tie breaker situation much. Garrard win by 3 scores.
Garrad by 2 scores
Estill cant turn the ball over and get a win. Estill need to keep the ball in there play makers hands all night and see if they can make the big plays. should be a good game,
Garrard is over rated, bourbon is the better team weather big factor in that game. Estill has a good team there over looked.