Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is best now Fairview or Raceland
Talon Wrote:I can confirm at least one . I was present when a certain Wasteland coach personally himself came to MY house when my sister , & Nephew was living with me trying to talk him , & his mother into playing for him at the rock garden ring of death , & did in fact offer certain things to them if he came , & played there . I can take what i know with proof to back it up to KHSAA , but my sister has begged me not to

Sure you can. This poor horse has been beaten over and over and over and over. Let it rest in peace.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:You tellem Flint! Illegal Rams?.....Name an incident. You can't! So close that cut under your nose!

I must admit that I laughed at that one! Good upper cut, I owe you one now.

:baldbull:
Clint Westwood Wrote:I must admit that I laughed at that one! Good upper cut, I owe you one now.

This bs right here is what makes our rivalry so great we absolutely LOVE to HATE eachother. Tbh it is kind of an honor that an outsider started the thread and Beagle and Ams guys took it over lol. Im sure this years matchup wont be any leas intense. We beat the hell out of fairview for years and each season the house was packed. I will say this, while i dont expect Raceland to overlook Fairview, If we come out and play lethargic, we could get ourselves into trouble. I dont think that happens though. We have shown great intensity the last few weeks.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:The name NASCAR says it all to me. They were caught and you would also know that they arent done with them yet either. Further wrong doing will emerge in the future. You and Brent can't get any wood need to get on the same queen of denial program.

Lol
I would love to see that game, I bet you the stadium will be packed. Where is it played?
topnotch Wrote:I would love to see that game, I bet you the stadium will be packed. Where is it played?

October 17 at Fairview
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Highly recomend u checking out this rivalry.
Raceland was better then Fairview last year and they proved it on the field and they are probably 2 scores or maybe more this year. IMO neither team will be able to match up with Williamsburg, Pikeville or Hazard this year because those three teams are on another level this season but Raceland has the best chance.
^^^i agree at this point in the season. We continue to get better, faster, cleaner(less mistakes) and the running game continues to develop. Baring injuries, we may suprise some people. Last years score of 36-14 or whatever it was in done and gone. This yearly rivalry is a year to year deal. Both teams have short memories and go in expecting to win. This year will be no different, but I like Raceland by about the same a score as last year.
2 pages in a day and a half...and this game is 2 weeka away.
No love lost here.
NASCAR Wrote:I agree with Clint, Ram you just wanna keep stuff stirred up. They were caught because of the administration not seeing the proper paperwork thru on a kid to be honest could happen to many schools it just happened to Fairview. No where did the KHSAA mention recruiting as far as the OEA stuff thats on Mr. Musick and the board for not checking those addresses, KHSAA said they could play so what was Coach McPeek supposed to do not play them? Come on TJ Maynard, Leon Hart, Tony Love, Ivan McGlone, list could go on that would play them kids. Anyway, its old news and it's time you guys quit talking about the past. :please::insane:

I don't know a lot about the situation, but why were they made to resign if this is all that happened? I'm not saying more happened, I just think that is extreme given the circumstances in your post. I've known a couple of coaches in a different state that had something very similar happen, but the most they gave him was a two game suspension. The other coach only got a one game suspension and team was on probation for two years.
Clint Westwood Wrote:I must admit that I laughed at that one! Good upper cut, I owe you one now.

Thanks......Don't mention it.:thanks:
On a positive note.....I hope both teams come into this game injury free because I don't want Clint Deadwood making excuses after we put something on the screaming beagles that Mr. Clean wont be able to get off!
baseball1974 Wrote:I don't know a lot about the situation, but why were they made to resign if this is all that happened? I'm not saying more happened, I just think that is extreme given the circumstances in your post. I've known a couple of coaches in a different state that had something very similar happen, but the most they gave him was a two game suspension. The other coach only got a one game suspension and team was on probation for two years.

Imo, theres more to it all. The punishement of all the forfeits was self imposed by the school. Idk where the resignations came from. But lets not rattle a sleeping dogs chains. This topic was a thread-jacker from Day 1. I once saw a Highlands/Somebody thread that got turned into a "Down with Fairview/Leave us alone everybodys guilty/Westwood vs Patch throwdown. It was what it was. We have all moved on. Baseball fill free to PM me if you would like any info on the subject. Just dont want to start a rucus in here.
Why is this even a discussion.. Raceland is and always has been the better program. Fairview had to break the rules to even compete. Fairview got caught, now they are back at the bottom where they belong. End of story. Go RAMS!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Imo, theres more to it all. The punishement of all the forfeits was self imposed by the school. Idk where the resignations came from. But lets not rattle a sleeping dogs chains. This topic was a thread-jacker from Day 1. I once saw a Highlands/Somebody thread that got turned into a "Down with Fairview/Leave us alone everybodys guilty/Westwood vs Patch throwdown. It was what it was. We have all moved on. Baseball fill free to PM me if you would like any info on the subject. Just dont want to start a rucus in here.

Oh I see. Don't want that to happen.
NoPicks Wrote:Why is this even a discussion.. Raceland is and always has been the better program. Fairview had to break the rules to even compete. Fairview got caught, now they are back at the bottom where they belong. End of story. Go RAMS!

I can appreciate the enthusiasm and loyalty, and to some extent i do agree. However, to say they are back at the bottom may be a bit premature. I think they and Painstville are capable of taking 2nd in the district and if we dont bring our A game each night from now until Dec (if we r still playing) and play as lacs as we did at greenup, we can lose to anyone on our schedule, excluding Nicholas Co. Our entire JV held their varsity scoreless last year for 2 quarters.
A good 1A rivalry.
NoPicks Wrote:Why is this even a discussion.. Raceland is and always has been the better program. Fairview had to break the rules to even compete. Fairview got caught, now they are back at the bottom where they belong. End of story. Go RAMS!

tell us how you really feel? It was a punishment they self-imposed on themselves when they found out a kid was ineligible that came from Ashland. America is going down the tubes because lack of character and entitlement and you sir show both with that statement. It's been over a year since it even happened yet still talking about it, unbelievable.:lame::please::ChairHit:
Very good post.
Fellers I tried to keep it under control lol. How many miles u expect will be traveled by air thursday night?lol
Neither team has much if a run game.
NASCAR Wrote:tell us how you really feel? It was a punishment they self-imposed on themselves when they found out a kid was ineligible that came from Ashland. America is going down the tubes because lack of character and entitlement and you sir show both with that statement. It's been over a year since it even happened yet still talking about it, unbelievable.:lame::please::ChairHit:

WOW! under the word dense in the dictionary theres a picture of you and trent eastweed. They self imposed to keep the KHSAA from finding out what was really going on at Scareview. it didn't help though they are under investigation again anyway.
Ram-A-Patch, khsaa has nothing to do with what they are being investigated for. Nice try. Go back to soggy bottom and suck some more pond scum you bottom dweller.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:WOW! under the word dense in the dictionary theres a picture of you and trent eastweed. They self imposed to keep the KHSAA from finding out what was really going on at Scareview. it didn't help though they are under investigation again anyway.

Like I said you are proving my point with what is wrong in America.

:lame::lame:
Raceland is not only a better team they are a 3 or 4 touchdown favorite if they played Fairview tonight. And I agree that Fairview can be competive with Boys just from Westwood but I don't know if they can make a serious push to state without a little outta state help I mean after all I know for a fact that 43% of students that attend Fairview are out of district kids. Most don't play sports
Raceland is similar in that regaurd. But i think open enrollment is a good thing.
We Hang 8 Wrote:Raceland is not only a better team they are a 3 or 4 touchdown favorite if they played Fairview tonight. And I agree that Fairview can be competive with Boys just from Westwood but I don't know if they can make a serious push to state without a little outta state help I mean after all I know for a fact that 43% of students that attend Fairview are out of district kids. Most don't play sports

Is there a KHSAA rule against out of district kids playing sports? Ashland and Boyd for years have had All Regional players in multiple sports that were out of district. 43% ? Where did you get your information?
I think winning 32 out of the 43 games between the two teams in this series shows that Raceland has the better program longevity-wise.