Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCracken County 52-49 over Southaven (Mississippi)
Over 1,000 total yards of offense in the game. Both teams played well and were both plagued by some turnovers. Score at the end of the third quarter was 49-29 Southaven. McCracken played very big in the 4th qtr and intercepted a pass with about 1:20 left in the game. Took the ball down and kicked a field goal with about 0:16 seconds left. Southaven ran two plays and threw a hail mary at the end that we batted away at the goal line.

Awesome game and some fantastic performances.
Never seen a team so good at faking who had the ball that the refs were blowing the whistle saying forward progress was stopped only to realize that the player pushing the pile didn't have it and someone else heading down the sidelines had it. The qb for southaven was very fast and so was there best war. They had a lot of speed across the board, still in shock mccracken came back. Mccracken definitely put there selves in a hole having problem fielding kickoffs.
The thread should have been titled a little better. It should read #4 South Haven, Ms (6a) 49 @ #6 McCracken Co (6a) 52. This South Haven team was ranked by maxpreps at 286 in the nation. McCracken was ranked 702. I have been heckled on here for the past year and a half when telling that McCracken is for real and will be a factor in 6a. I think this game should open some eyes and make some understand that I was not blowing smoke. It was one of the best games that I have watched, with talent all over the field. I will still say the game the Mayfield Cardinals had against them was just little better for me. This is another very big win for Ky football over an out of state power house.
Individual stats :
McCracken Co - Cash Jones was 23 x 31 for 286 yards with 4 TDs and 1 Int... Zaire Hughes was 9 x 12 for 117 yds with 1 Td and 1 int...Hughes also caught 9 passes for 67 yds... Womack caught 5 passes for 137 yds and 3 TDs...

Southaven - Neil Kennedy was 19 x 31 for 277 yards with 3 TDs and 4 ints... He was also the leading rusher for the Chargers with 17 carries for 171 yds and 2 TDs..Tray Davis caught 6 passes for 174 yards with 3 TDs.

Courtesy of Eric Chumblers Twitter

FINAL STATS
PASSING YDS
McCracken-403
Southaven-277
RUSHING YDS
McCracken-91
Southaven-246
TOTAL YDS
McCracken-494
Southaven-523

Many of the kids for McCracken that are having a meaningful impact are sophomores and Juniors.
I remember those sophomores. We know them well here in Mayield. We have had some epic battles.
McCracken's kick off coverage has been a problem for years.

I am usually really good at keeping up with the ball and the Southaven quarterback had me faked out half the night. He is an exceptional quarterback.

McCracken played great defense in the second half and made some really big plays on both sides of the ball.

Cash Jones also had a coming out party as quarterback. With Fish and Pooh Jones as receivers and running backs, they present a real problem for other defenses.
I hope they continue the success the rest of this year. We need more recognition here in the west. I really think PT is gonna be pretty good in 3a. That should help some as well. They have just had a brutal schedule. I also think either Murray or Caldwell could make some noise in 2a. I don't think the west has anything to offer in 4a and in 5a this year. Graves could make some changes and prove me wrong, but not right now.
Southaven needs to work on covering the deep ball. Mccracken must have had 4 tds that were close to 50 yes. I don't remember them being that wide open against may field except for the one play.
I don't think mccracken goes far in 6a simply because they are paired with the super district. They might not get blown out as much as I originally thought they would. If they wasn't stuck on the same side of the bracket as the Louisville powerhouses they might be a semifinals.
Defensive struggle. Congrats to McCracken.
Southaven will not even win their district, they are ranked 10 in 6a in Mississippi. As goid of a game it was is like to see the final stats, penalties and all. Athletes all over the field, and I still think Rasheed jones is one of the top players in the state over Hughes. Their were several calls that went mccrackens way that kept drives moving in the fourth quarter. 2 evenly matched teams that have the same demeanor within their classes between the two states. McCracken and Southaven will both lose in second or third round of playoffs
Plus McCracken has no ground game at all
With the type of athletes that I saw for South Haven and the amount of them, I thought this was gonna be a blowout. I was surprised at how many of them were cramping up and getting hurt since they were the one's platooning.
According to the fan base from South Haven, they are ranked #4 in Ms 6a. We set on the lesser crowded side.
Southaven was ranked 11th in the state, overall..McCracken was ranked 11th in Ky, according to MaxPreps.. Southaven has the unfortunate task of playing in the same district with South Panola and Tupelo, both perennial powers in Ms 6a football.. S.Panola has been nationally ranked in the Top 25 on several occassions in the past 10 years.. Only 16 teams make the playoffs in Ms 6a, so, just getting into the playoffs is a feat in itself..
Go to Mississippi state athletics association and you will see that Southaven is ranked 10 in 6a! This team isn't no national power in the likes of de la salle or anybody, just a mediocre 6a football program a little south of Memphis! Not a d1 recruit on southavens team is being recruited
Yes there is, just for a different sport. #8 signed with Ole Miss for bball. I thought that was pretty neat to know. He treats football as his hobby. He must be a beast at bball because he is awesome at his hobby.
I'm sure there is some great musicians on that team also, I'm talking football, Southaven doesn't have a division one player being recruited for football. They are another Henderson county with more athletes that's all
I'm sure there is some great musicians on that team also, I'm talking football, Southaven doesn't have a division one player being recruited for football. They are another Henderson county with more athletes that's all
Well, I happen to think they were a pretty darn tough team. I nderstand their are many out there that for some reason would like to discredit them in a way to in turn discredit McCracken, but it won't fly with me because I saw them. Not only that our d coordinator, who played football at Ole Miss, was very familiar with them and described them as a power in 6a.