Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Football
Finishing the year with a good win over Greenup County but still not living up to expectations, what should LC look forward to do next year to improve the whole situation they are in now? What is in the near future for LC?
hm did they have good numbers this past year?
About 30 varsity kids total for a AAA school.
wow, how many overall though is what i meant?
Panther#42 Wrote:wow, how many overall though is what i meant?

Its not much more than that, numbers are REALLY down.
hm sounds like it, i know LC has had much bigger #'s that in the past compared to this year
thats alot of the problem...theres alot of talent in the school but the kids arent coming out due to bad past seasons....but i think Goldsmith will get them fired up and will have big turn out next year.....i look to see maybe a dozen new faces in the upper classmen.....
I don't think they should worry every team has there bad years. Look for them to be the old LC Bulldogs in the next few seasons.
i would like 2 see them turn it around but its always win for us
I think the future is very bright in Louisa. Goldsmith is coming back and he will get these boys ready. He is very excited, (as is the whole coaching staff) about the younger boys coming up plus they have a very talented Freshman squad. The incoming Seniors have quite a bit of talent and we get Bryan Scarberry back next year now that his knee is healing. We should be loaded. Just got to keep them healthy and hope no one gets hurt during basketball season.
yea can only hope for the best, btw dawgmom, what was goldsmith record at coaching at LC before he quit i guess or w/e happened?
Not sure of the final record, but I know he was instramental in building the program up to what it was. Will check on his record for ya though.
Lawrence County won more games in the 90,s than anyone in this area and Billy was behind a whole lot of that.Goldsmith has the ability the get the most out of players.I think we were down in numbers and talent.We had talented kids but not as many as on previous teams.Still 2 years away but next year is up in the air.These kids will need to work alot harder than last year in the weight room.We lost too many games in the second half.Two things come to mind when they happens alot,,coaches make no adjustments or team is just flat not in good shape.I think it was the latter.Practices could be harder too.I have watched practice for years after playing 8 years and its getting easier.