Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge are you going to name a coach anytime soon?
I told you that a couple of days ago.
I did not know if it was official
East Ridge will hold a press conference Monday to announce the new coach
Captain_44 Wrote:Dave Spradlin is going to coach the baseball team.

This is false information.
well ER fans and studnets need to quit scratcing their heads and critizing the coaching decision and get behind Eric Ratliff and the Warriors. He is the head coach and nothing will change that this year; the more we sit around giving Kevin Justice, Coach Ratliff, and the rest of the staff a hard time the less the community will be behind them. Any basketball fan knows that this will effect the way a team performs.
Its nice to see someone step in and take the job
What makes you think they'd want to stop now? I'm guessing they're just getting started.
Eric Ratliff is official and all I know is that I want to see how this plays out. I don't know if he has any previous experience with basketball but he is a good guy and I like him so I will wait around and see what he does with the program.

thetribe Wrote:Eric Ratliff is official and all I know is that I want to see how this plays out. I don't know if he has any previous experience with basketball but he is a good guy and I like him so I will wait around and see what he does with the program.

Was you at ER the first year it was a school?

If you was you would know what a "good guy" he is......
i hope they get a good coach this time that will try to do somthin with all the talent over there
What a shame to the football and basketball program at ER. I am not saying that Ratliff can't coach, because I kow he can. But I do not know what his basketball experience is? Plus now how can either program get the attention it needs with him head coaching 2 programs. One of the two if not both will get the shaft and it won't be Eric's fault just that he can't commit to both, so one will suffer. It is a shame to see a program in only its 2nd year o to Rupp and now this is the best you can find, not taking anything away from Coach Ratliff. Who is going to assist him?
I am sure Coach Ratliff will be real interested in gaining your approval Tribe
Give Coach Ratliff a break. It's obvious he's doing the program a big favor. I'm sure he could have done without the extra work load but he has an interest in the East Ridge kids. Evidently, they couldn't place a coach in the teaching positions that were available. Kudos to Ratliff...I hope the community supports him!!!
THERULE Wrote:What a shame to the football and basketball program at ER. I am not saying that Ratliff can't coach, because I kow he can. But I do not know what his basketball experience is? Plus now how can either program get the attention it needs with him head coaching 2 programs. One of the two if not both will get the shaft and it won't be Eric's fault just that he can't commit to both, so one will suffer. It is a shame to see a program in only its 2nd year o to Rupp and now this is the best you can find, not taking anything away from Coach Ratliff. Who is going to assist him?

As far as both programs suffering, I disagree. I think that with basketball being in the football off-season, he has enough assistant football coaches to focus on the weight/conditioning program while he focuses on basketball
Borderlord Wrote:As far as both programs suffering, I disagree. I think that with basketball being in the football off-season, he has enough assistant football coaches to focus on the weight/conditioning program while he focuses on basketball

Official practice starts Monday. Is he going to be on the basketball court seeing who is actually trying hard, or is he going to be on the football field? BMR tried to coach both at Paintsville, and both teams seems to have suffered from it. So why would ER be any different?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Official practice starts Monday. Is he going to be on the basketball court seeing who is actually trying hard, or is he going to be on the football field? BMR tried to coach both at Paintsville, and both teams seems to have suffered from it. So why would ER be any different?

Football practice is after school til 5:30 or 6. Basketball practice then starts at 6 or 6:30. They arent practicing on Fridays because of football games, but they are conditioning then. Ratiliff is putting in some hours up there. The players I have talked to said that he really knows what he is doing and he probably knows more about basketball than football. The players are so far pleasantly surprised with their new coach.
I am glad to hear that they have a coach that the players like. Wasnt he an assistant coach at JC or Paintsville a while back?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
they are actually practicing at Millard Middle School, and yeah Ratliff is devoting some major time for the school I agree. He is probably at the schools from 7:30am-8pm.
has ratliff ever coached basketball before?
Yes.
JD, actually..I was.

And pharmacist, I'm sure he will be too.

Eddie Abshire was named the assistant coach.
pulling them out of the wood work to coach up at the ridge, who else is on Coach ratliff's staff. Eddie is a great guy I wish him the best.