Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the best offense and defense in 2a in the mountains?
j.c.h.s is pretty good on both sides of the ball
If that stands for Johnson Central then that would not be possible. JC is AAA.
is Russell 2a
Jc
Sc
Sc
Sheldon Clark
i think that belfry has the best offense and prestonsburg has the best defense that only consists of 4 seniors
Middlesboro has a good offense and Breathitt has a good offense to only have 4 seniors and starting 4 freshman.....do not know if the freshman are on offense or defense though. Cannot speak of defense this year when mentioning either of these teams though.....both are bad.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

this has to be SC after defeting Belfry
JC or SC
Yes RUSSELL is 2A, no we are not in the mountains,,, so what would you call it where we are from--- NOREKY... this is for North Eastern Kentucky.. this sounds like a city in JAPAN.. NOREKY,, huh.. kinda has a ring to it..... a dull ring ,, but still a ring.... well more like a flat dry tone actually but still we are not listed as being in the mountains.... I guess maybe foothills region,,,,,, great northeast.. maybe but not the mountains...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russel has both the best offense and best defense ! To mention others I'd say Middlesboro's offense and Prestonsburg's Defense !
Sheldon Clark
Belfry's offense and Prestonsburg's defense
Devilologist Wrote:Yes RUSSELL is 2A, no we are not in the mountains,,, so what would you call it where we are from--- NOREKY... this is for North Eastern Kentucky.. this sounds like a city in JAPAN.. NOREKY,, huh.. kinda has a ring to it..... a dull ring ,, but still a ring.... well more like a flat dry tone actually but still we are not listed as being in the mountains.... I guess maybe foothills region,,,,,, great northeast.. maybe but not the mountains...
Not in the Mountains, sounds like denial to me.......lol......does it really matter?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Russell does have a good team, wether they are in the mountains or not..
I would like to see Belfry & Russell in the Regional Championship once again..
This is becoming a good rivalry..
Sheldon Clark on both sides of the ball
mrfootball03 Wrote:Russell does have a good team, whether they are in the mountains or not..
I would like to see Belfry & Russell in the Regional Championship once again..
This is becoming a good rivalry..

Russell and Belfry didn't play in the regional finals they played in the 1st round of the state championship...Sheldon Clark and Belfry played in the regional championship.
Midee1 Wrote:If that stands for Johnson Central then that would not be possible. JC is AAA.

I meant it to be 3a thread...
big_cards_fan Wrote:russell and belfry didnt play in the regional finals they played in the 1st round of the staate championship...sheldon clark and belfry played in the regional championship

yeah.. i meant to say state semi's... my bad lol
mrfootball03 Wrote:yeah.. i meant to say state semi's... my bad lol

Just trying to help you out...lol
Middlesboro has allowed 84 points by 2 teams, yea they won but allowing a team to score this many does not show a good defense.
Russell controls the ball on average 21:55 a game, not knowing what Middlesboro has but. OC said the same thing about scoring last year, but it is hard to score against a ball control offense like, Belfry or Russell. GRANTED-- I dont know what Middlesboro runs but allowing 178 points does not show a good defense to me.
Russell has allowed 76 points this season.- 21 points on the first half of play... Hard to beat......
Coach: Ken Roark
Class: AA
Region: 4
District: 7
Latest Stats Report: October 21, 2006

DATE
OPPONENT
SITE
SCORE
Aug 18, '06 Knoxville Central, TN Middlesboro 7 - 42 (L)
Aug 25, '06 Lynn Camp Lynn Camp 48 - 14 (W)
Sep 1, '06 Pineville Pineville 60 - 7 (W)
Sep 8, '06 Lee County, VA Middlesboro 41 - 7 (W)
Sep 15, '06 Cawood Cawood 46 - 18 (W)
Sep 22, '06 Open Middlesboro -
Sep 29, '06 Corbin Middlesboro 62 - 42 (W)
Oct 6, '06 Knott County Central Knott County Central 48 - 0 (W)
Oct 13, '06 Harlan Middlesboro 35 - 6 (W)
Oct 20, '06 Breathitt County Breathitt County 57 - 42 (W)
Oct 27, '06 Leslie County Middlesboro - 7:30 PM
Schedule and scores last updated at Oct 20, 2006 10:42pm
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Belfry can be if they come out and play.
JWBN4EA Wrote:Sheldon Clark on both sides of the ball

IMHO, I don't see Sheldon Clark being on top
Yes, they are a good team.. but defeating a sloppy Belfry team doesn't constitute as being the best.. I think Belfry should be thankful for that game,
because I believe it will give them the hunger to get further in the playoffs then
I initially thought they would.. SC did what they had to do, to win that game,
but I do not believe Belfry brought their best game.. On a given night, with both teams playing to their full potential, I think Belfry has the better team overall.. But its obvious they are lacking a full time leader to keep them focused on their goals.. But I think the loss will help with getting refocused..
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Not in the Mountains, sounds like denial to me.......lol......does it really matter?

Would you really consider Russell, Ashland, Boyd Co, Greenup Co, Raceland, etc.... in the Mountains? All of these schools are along the Ohio River and nowhere near the WYMT coverage area. They never have been Included in the Mountain region of KY.
Mountains or not,what about Eastern Ky.Russell...Belfry a close second.
sharpshooter Wrote:this has to be SC after defeting Belfry

That will be the only time that will happen... =)
Belfrycheer06 Wrote:That will be the only time that will happen... =)

And you can guarantee that how?
sc