Poll: Who do you think wins this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Collins
46.67%
Simon Kenton
53.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins/Simon Kenton Predictions
Who do you think wins and why?
Pioneers looked really good against X should be an easy win for SK no disrespect to the Titans like them but not against my Pioneers!
I just like the name Simon kenton. :popcorn:
Collins lost a lot, SK did too but SK retained a better offense than Collins.

SK 28 Collins 14
Yes Collins lost a lot BUT returns 23 kids that were on the field during the Highlands victory. (Dang I like saying that.) Collins held their own during scrimmage with Lex. Laf. Lafayette had tons of size and speed. SK should be the favorite but don't look for this to be an easy win UK1fan.
Collins will go into this rolling high and could have some young men over looking SK even though they lost to the 'neers last season. I think Collins might be a shade better but I think SK will want it more.

But look to Collins to re-group and make at least a deep run in the playoffs.

Collins 28
Simon Kenton 34
You have got to be kidding me. Some young men over looking a 6A team on the road that they lost to last year.....makes since to me.
birdman44 Wrote:Collins will go into this rolling high and could have some young men over looking SK even though they lost to the 'neers last season. I think Collins might be a shade better but I think SK will want it more.

But look to Collins to re-group and make at least a deep run in the playoffs.

Collins 28
Simon Kenton 34
I think that Collins kids have something to prove...they are hungry to continue the tradition. I watched the scrimmage against Lexington Lafayette, they had some nice kids out there (Lex Lafay)...rumor has it they have 6 potential D1 recruits, and Collins while struggling some on offense and defense found a way to hang in there, it doesn't appear that Collins has as talented of a defense as last years team, but that is hard to replace with the kids that left. They seem small on the defensive side but definitely gritty! Bushy Wells looked great on defense and also the Nash twins, Wyatt the 6 5 defensive lineman did an awesome job...difinitely a D1 kid! They had a kid named Watkins that may be the brother of they running back that left last yr...his mechanics at receiver looked as good as any that i have seen, he also played some TB, great foot work and speed...they need to get him the ball...he was open several times, also EJ the other wide out has great hands. I think by game 4...if they work on their blocking especially recievers, and QB Becherer's decision making improves (spread the ball out) they will make a deep run for sure! Becherer's arm seemed fairly accurate and strong. OHHH...how could i forget the kicker Creque..smh...48yrd field goal..amazing for a high schooler...he can write his own ticket. They will definitely have to work harder because of what they lost in experience but don't be surprised if Collins doesn't put up 12 points from field goals alone! Collins 33 SK 28
copperkid Wrote:I think that Collins kids have something to prove...they are hungry to continue the tradition. I watched the scrimmage against Lexington Lafayette, they had some nice kids out there (Lex Lafay)...rumor has it they have 6 potential D1 recruits, and Collins while struggling some on offense and defense found a way to hang in there, it doesn't appear that Collins has as talented of a defense as last years team, but that is hard to replace with the kids that left. They seem small on the defensive side but definitely gritty! Bushy Wells looked great on defense and also the Nash twins, Wyatt the 6 5 defensive lineman did an awesome job...difinitely a D1 kid! They had a kid named Watkins that may be the brother of they running back that left last yr...his mechanics at receiver looked as good as any that i have seen, he also played some TB, great foot work and speed...they need to get him the ball...he was open several times, also EJ the other wide out has great hands. I think by game 4...if they work on their blocking especially recievers, and QB Becherer's decision making improves (spread the ball out) they will make a deep run for sure! Becherer's arm seemed fairly accurate and strong. OHHH...how could i forget the kicker Creque..smh...48yrd field goal..amazing for a high schooler...he can write his own ticket. They will definitely have to work harder because of what they lost in experience but don't be surprised if Collins doesn't put up 12 points from field goals alone! Collins 33 SK 28

A kicker like that is a great weapon for HS football. You can control the field position throughout the game. Kickoffs into endzone means not long returns and 80 yard drives for a TD. If your offense gets across the 50 you never have to punt, try a field goal and if you miss, the worst that happens is the other team starts at the 20 for another long drive. Great weapon to have.
sstack Wrote:A kicker like that is a great weapon for HS football. You can control the field position throughout the game. Kickoffs into endzone means not long returns and 80 yard drives for a TD. If your offense gets across the 50 you never have to punt, try a field goal and if you miss, the worst that happens is the other team starts at the 20 for another long drive. Great weapon to have.

Are you kidding me, Jerry Lucas never punts anyway at the 50. BUT now he just might kick it from the 40. This kid has a leg from 60.
copperkid Wrote:I think that Collins kids have something to prove...they are hungry to continue the tradition. I watched the scrimmage against Lexington Lafayette, they had some nice kids out there (Lex Lafay)...rumor has it they have 6 potential D1 recruits, and Collins while struggling some on offense and defense found a way to hang in there, it doesn't appear that Collins has as talented of a defense as last years team, but that is hard to replace with the kids that left. They seem small on the defensive side but definitely gritty! Bushy Wells looked great on defense and also the Nash twins, Wyatt the 6 5 defensive lineman did an awesome job...difinitely a D1 kid! They had a kid named Watkins that may be the brother of they running back that left last yr...his mechanics at receiver looked as good as any that i have seen, he also played some TB, great foot work and speed...they need to get him the ball...he was open several times, also EJ the other wide out has great hands. I think by game 4...if they work on their blocking especially recievers, and QB Becherer's decision making improves (spread the ball out) they will make a deep run for sure! Becherer's arm seemed fairly accurate and strong. OHHH...how could i forget the kicker Creque..smh...48yrd field goal..amazing for a high schooler...he can write his own ticket. They will definitely have to work harder because of what they lost in experience but don't be surprised if Collins doesn't put up 12 points from field goals alone! Collins 33 SK 28

Wait! Who has potential 6 D1 kids? Lafayette or Collins? If you meant Lafayette, then you definitely do not know talent. Sorry! Which ones are you talking about that are D1 prospect? Lafayette might have college level talent ( not D1, with the exception of VERBAL commit L. Young ) on the roster, but not sure about their NCAA clearing house. Who, Jackson, Washington? Now if you meant Collins, then I am not sure about their roster/ program.
Overall, Collins is more athletic than SK, but, SK has a big advantage on both lines and in depth. Look for SK to control the LOS on both sides of the ball, while Collins makes some explosive plays to keep the game close. SK lost a lot on offense and in the secondary, but overall, SK D is BETTER than last year. DLine especially. I think we saw that in week 1 last year, SK pass game was still a work in progress. Expect the same this year. SK 24 -21.
I wouldn't agree with your statement that SK had big advantage on both lines. Depth I will agree with but heck no on big advantage. Lines are the strength of this Collins Football team.
sstack Wrote:A kicker like that is a great weapon for HS football. You can control the field position throughout the game. Kickoffs into endzone means not long returns and 80 yard drives for a TD. If your offense gets across the 50 you never have to punt, try a field goal and if you miss, the worst that happens is the other team starts at the 20 for another long drive. Great weapon to have.

FBfan4life Wrote:Wait! Who has potential 6 D1 kids? Lafayette or Collins? If you meant Lafayette, then you definitely do not know talent. Sorry! Which ones are you talking about that are D1 prospect? Lafayette might have college level talent ( not D1, with the exception of VERBAL commit L. Young ) on the roster, but not sure about their NCAA clearing house. Who, Jackson, Washington? Now if you meant Collins, then I am not sure about their roster/ program.

I can tell you one thing about Lafayette, they sure pass the look test. Dang what are you feeding them boys up there? They had legs the size of half the Collins players...
Tommy2tone Wrote:You have got to be kidding me. Some young men over looking a 6A team on the road that they lost to last year.....makes since to me.

So you say Collins wins? We'll see

With all due respect in the eyes of 6A SK is a pretty much a nobody... I don't think they deserve to be. im pretty sure they've never even been to state and the state of KY doesn't talk about SK (although they should). Collins will over look them not in the sense that they wont play their hardest, in the sense that they aren't ready for SK's experience and grit. And you don't think the high from upsetting the 6 time state champion would last with some h.s. kids? Didn't Highlands overlook Collins? Teams new to state champions usually don't hit the bricks hungry after the parade is over. Also Collins QB last year was a multiple year starter stud.. and had a weapon that was electric that is playing at WKU now. they were the difference between '13 Collins and '12 Collins. Collins will not be what they were last year and SK will be about the same as they were last year if not better.

Ha more like Lexington Laughette... I didn't even know they still played football.... unless Morehead is D1 you are out of your mind. kickers wont fill the holes left to graduation....
So you are saying SK is so good that Collins will overlook them. I am still confused on how Collins will over look SK?
Second, you are correct that this is a new bunch of kids and yes they might hit a brick during the start of this season. Yeah, I have to pick Collins to win.
24-21. It is a game that I am looking forward to. You must be a highlands guy to be saying that SK doesn't deserve squat and FTH was over looking Collins.
(rumor has it)
(Lex Lafay)...rumor has it they have 6 potential D1 recruits....rumor-a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth
copperkid Wrote:(Lex Lafay)...rumor has it they have 6 potential D1 recruits....rumor-a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth

Thank you... but I am here to tell/ or squash the rumor. With the exception of Landon Young, no other D1A on Lafayette roster. Perhaps FCS ( D1AA ) D2, NAIA maybe. Jackson and Washington are nice players. Hey brother it's just my opinion.
simon kenton 28-7 to much speed
As you all know, this is first game of the year and we don't know squat about how our teams will perform...Only thing for sure "IT'S GOING TO BE HOT" Friday night.
Tommy2tone Wrote:As you all know, this is first game of the year and we don't know squat about how our teams will perform...Only thing for sure "IT'S GOING TO BE HOT" Friday night.

Just as HOT as last year. I believe SK's depth will be too much. SK wins in a tight one.
hop24 Wrote:Just as HOT as last year. I believe SK's depth will be too much. SK wins in a tight one.
This is something that concerns me about this game. It was this game last year that Collins decided that they must play more kids. Will Collins play 18 or so kids or will they play close to 30. I didn't see too many starting both ways last week.
rebel 4 life Wrote:simon kenton 28-7 to much speed

If you're basing your prediction on speed I would say that Collins has the advantage in that category.
Tommy2tone Wrote:So you are saying SK is so good that Collins will overlook them. I am still confused on how Collins will over look SK?
Second, you are correct that this is a new bunch of kids and yes they might hit a brick during the start of this season. Yeah, I have to pick Collins to win.
24-21. It is a game that I am looking forward to. You must be a highlands guy to be saying that SK doesn't deserve squat and FTH was over looking Collins.

I never said SK doesn't deserve squat.. I said they don't get talked about because their name isn't T or St X or Scott Co. I knew the neers are going to compete this year deep. And I think Collins is building something great, I just think Collins fans don't know how good those seniors were last year... seriously good.... And Highlands did overlook them cause they beat em 40-0 in the championship the year before.

Collins could come back but the neers are winning by more than two scores in the 3rd and Collins hasn't scored (NKY HS SPorts, im not there)

COuld be the best thing in the world for Collins... I think they bounce back, gel and get to the state game again.