Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wins their season opener and why
Football time in the bluegrass just weeks away I'm curious to see everyone's thought and predictions.
Estill County over Morgan County. Engineers return all of their firepower while Morgan County lost a lot.
NEKY

Raceland over East Carter 42-12
Rams are shakey at the start, but prove too have much fire power in the 2nd quarter.

Ashland over NCC 27-20
Late drive from Ashland, squeeka out a win in the newly refurbished stadium.

Russell over Greenup Co 40-6
TJ Maynard's first game in Maroon since his SR year of HS. Russell takes care of business after some growing pains in the early going.

Lawrence Co over Boyd Co 35-12
The Bulldogs struggle early on with some new faces becoming friendly by half time and putting the game out of reach by mid. 3rd quarter.
Bell Co wins over South Pittsburgh Tn

Bell Co Returns almost everyone plus one (Cole) and South Pitt lost 11 seniors and only had 3 Juniors last year

not saying this will be an easy task but a win
I think Pike County Central can beat Whitley Co.

We both have new head coaches, but I think PC is returning more firepower, more experience.

It'll be closer than people anticipate, couple TD's I'd say.
Perry 20 Clay 14 Coach Amis starts off on the right foot.
Knox central over perry county central Knox returns all starters but 3. Panthers should see a big turn around this year.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:I think Pike County Central can beat Whitley Co.

We both have new head coaches, but I think PC is returning more firepower, more experience.

It'll be closer than people anticipate, couple TD's I'd say.

I hope the Colonels pull the upset:biglmao:
Highlands is still mad about last year and tired of hearing this is the year to beat them; they come out in the opener and win big to show everyone they are still HIGHLANDS.
pjdoug Wrote:I hope the Colonels pull the upset:biglmao:

That's just it. This shouldn't be considered an upset if it does happen. I know Whitleys record was horrible last year, but that was nothing more than a fluke season that saw Whitley lose there entire backfield to injuries.

I think Whitley comes out and beats Pike Central by two TD's.
Mason County all over Newport.

Mason is better.
Lawrence Co beats Boyd Co 42-7. We beat this team pretty bad last year and we will be better this year pretty much everywhere on the field. If this game was a few games into the season and you could throw out all the butterflies and 1st game jitters then I think we could name the score.
The Dawgs speed, balance and athleticism on both sides of the ball will be way to much IMO.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That's just it. This shouldn't be considered an upset if it does happen. I know Whitleys record was horrible last year, but that was nothing more than a fluke season that saw Whitley lose there entire backfield to injuries.

I don't know GUT, those guys were pretty good last year and they return a lot. I hope your team is good at pass defense because they like to throw it all over the field.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That's just it. This shouldn't be considered an upset if it does happen. I know Whitleys record was horrible last year, but that was nothing more than a fluke season that saw Whitley lose there entire backfield to injuries.

Whitley was not that bad of a team last year and I think they would have handled Pike Central easily last year. I just dont know what they are returning this year and I'm sure the Hawks are the favorite and will be ready to sling the ball around but I think the Colonels could roll out of Pikeville with a "W"
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't know GUT, those guys were pretty good last year and they return a lot. I hope your team is good at pass defense because they like to throw it all over the field.

they have a new defensive coordinator and I have no idea what their pass defense will be like.I know it wasn't good before Smile
pjdoug Wrote:they have a new defensive coordinator and I have no idea what their pass defense will be like.I know it wasn't good before Smile

If your pass defense is weak Mac & company will exploit it early and often.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:If your pass defense is weak Mac & company will exploit it early and often.

I'm sure they will if it is weak. I have no idea if its weak or not Confusednicker:

I agree this is a game that Whitley should win.
GRC OR Rowan Co.??? Guessing Rowan 34 GRC 21 up setter this year
Mayfield over Ft Campbell

Why? Because we are Mayfield :rockon:
I hope we are ready for another fast bunch in 2 weeks.