Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union City Tn v/s Mayfield Ky
just wondering why these 2 schools don't play since there so close,u would think they will be some battles and good gates...
cuppett777 Wrote:just wondering why these 2 schools don't play since there so close,u would think they will be some battles and good gates...

Are you trying to stir the pot. They used to play but havnt in years.
We can't get them to play us anymore. It has been tried and the last time they almost bit I believe. This was just after they won state. As I understand it right now, we are not having any trouble getting teams to play us.
Has union city gotten alot better recently or was they always pretty good, i noticed mayfield is leading the series 22-4-1.
U.City has an occasional strong team, maybe even 2-3 yrs in a row, then they disappear for 3-4 yrs, they aren't what I'd call a traditional power. They're always decent, but, Mayfield would beat them 9 out of 10 yrs and probably even on there good years.
I truly do not believe UC can compete with Mayfield very well over the last 10-15 years anyway
I agree. I watched highlights of their last state championship win. They still run the old school offense, much like Milan or Trousdale Co. I think maybe Tn is not adjusting to the spread as quick as we have.
I think Mayfield would win, but I do not think this would be a fair game at all, because if UC played at the 10 time 10 time I said 10 time state class a champs home which is War Memorial Stadium they would have to play by Kentuckys rule and if the 10 time 10 time 10 time one more time 10 time champs played at UC there would play by Tennessee's rules and so a penalty here and there could make a difference.
We did it with Trousdale, Milan and others. I think it would be about as fair as any other.
mysonis55 Wrote:I agree. I watched highlights of their last state championship win. They still run the old school offense, much like Milan or Trousdale Co. I think maybe Tn is not adjusting to the spread as quick as we have.

is that the old school like Belfry? and to a ? above I didn't know how oftenthey played in the past...
Yes it's like Belfry.
I would like to see some high school "border wars" between Western KY teams and NW TN. Could be some good matchups. Get 2 teams from each state and take turns hosting. great Bowl set up.
They have some pretty good Tn teams around this area. You have Union City, Milan, Trousdale Co and Henry Co. They would make for some pretty good games.