Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 20 - South Floyd 18
WOW!!! :yikes:

First time in 11 or 12 years that Allen Central has defeated South Floyd in football...Congrats to Coach Jeremy Hall and the Rebels as the prepare to fight for the 4th playoff spot in District 8 with Jenkins next week.
Great Win AC!!
Jenkins/Allen Central will likely face Harlan in the opening round of the playoffs at Harlan.

ADMIN note: This post is not accurate.
Sorry, you are incorrect in your posting about the Class A playoffs,
The KHSAA changed the format this year.
Teams will stay IN their own districts for the first two rounds.
In the first round
District 8 seed 1 will play district 8 seed 4
District 8 seed 2 will play district 8 seed 3
District 8 champion will play the district 7 champion in week 3
Hope this clears this up.
Who cares who they play in the first round. Just the fact that these 2 teams, who haven't tasted the playoffs in forever, seriously, is just absolutely, tremendously exciting!!!!!!
They are really starting their playoffs early with their game next week. You just know these boys from both sides are going to be pumped up like never before this entire week coming, culminating in their war next Friday night in Jenkins with a playoff spot to the winner. It is going to be some intense emotions when they hit the field.

A big congratulations for both teams to put themselves in this position and giving their fans and schools something to cheer about for the first time in a long time!!!
Congrats to AC
A little closer than I thought, that AC/Jenkins game sould be a dog fight.

By the way Pikeville only beat Jenkins by 1TD 21-14, Jenkins will be tough.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Jenkins/Allen Central will likely face Harlan in the opening round of the playoffs at Harlan.

Who ever win out of jenkins/AC will play the # 1 seed in there district... so it will either be pikeville, or paintsville...
WTG AC!!!! One of the greater wins in school history!!! Was at the game and was so glad to see the Rebs get the win!!! Congrats and lets make the Journey to Jenkins!!!
Congrats to the Rebels !
congrats rebels you better get ready for jenkins
daredevil4life Wrote:Who cares who they play in the first round. Just the fact that these 2 teams, who haven't tasted the playoffs in forever, seriously, is just absolutely, tremendously exciting!!!!!!
They are really starting their playoffs early with their game next week. You just know these boys from both sides are going to be pumped up like never before this entire week coming, culminating in their war next Friday night in Jenkins with a playoff spot to the winner. It is going to be some intense emotions when they hit the field.

A big congratulations for both teams to put themselves in this position and giving their fans and schools something to cheer about for the first time in a long time!!!
Now that my friend..IS 1 HELLUVA POST~!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Now that my friend..IS 1 HELLUVA POST~!
I 2nd that.:Thumbs: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
they wont get the #4 seed
Congrats Rebels on the victory! Seen this game on t.v. and it looked like South Floyd almost had them but gave up a busted touchdown..
All_state_RB#1 Wrote:Who ever win out of jenkins/AC will play the # 1 seed in there district... so it will either be pikeville, or paintsville...

I hate to tell you, but you're wrong. The winner of Jenkins/Allen Central will face the #1 team from District 7, and that my friend is Harlan.

daredevil4life Wrote:Who cares who they play in the first round. Just the fact that these 2 teams, who haven't tasted the playoffs in forever, seriously, is just absolutely, tremendously exciting!!!!!!

That's the problem. I'll never understand why "making the playoffs" is such a big thrill. Ask folks at Pikeville or Belfry if "making the playoffs" is as exciting as winning in the playoffs. Set your sights higher instead of being just satisfied making the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, it's a huge step in the right direction for Allen Central to be in position to fight for the final playoff position. And they have improved since earlier in the season.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I hate to tell you, but you're wrong. The winner of Jenkins/Allen Central will face the #1 team from District 7, and that my friend is Harlan.
Hate to tell YOU this but you are wrong.
Sorry, you are incorrect in your posting about the Class A playoffs,
The KHSAA changed the format this year...It's in the KHSAA handbook.
Teams will stay IN their own districts for the first two rounds.
In the first round
District 8 seed 1 will play district 8 seed 4
District 8 seed 2 will play district 8 seed 3
District 8 champion will play the district 7 champion in week 3
Hope this clears this up.
To mention Allen Central and playoffs in the same sentence is something no one ever hears anymore! But now that they are in consideration of the playoffs is exciting enough! And everyone knows exciting wouldnt even be the word if they made it in! But hopefully we can get past Jenkins, and it will by far be the toughest task of the year for them and good luck to both teams!
was actually a good game. momentum swung to both sides and looked as if SF was gonna pull it out. they had AC 4 and 9 and backed up in ac territory with about 4:30 to 5:00 to go and on top 18-12. AC threw what looked like a HB or wr pass and threw into a group of ac receivers and sf defenders and AC caught it and was off to the races.
Congrats Allen Central. Keep your heads up South Floyd.
Congrats AC
fox sports Wrote:Hate to tell YOU this but you are wrong.

I stand corrected. I guess I'm still thinking about the "old" way. Nice to be correct by such an astute administrator. :notworthy
good game both teams

your right both teams should be proud of they have done this year. to have a chance to go to the playoffs for either team is a big step forward. cant wait till friday! give us a good game boys!:Thumbs:
Congrats AC! Cant wait til friday!
Yeah Friday decides it all either Jenkins or AC will get the 4th spot, and im pulling for Jenkins
jammin' jamey Wrote:I hate to tell you, but you're wrong. The winner of Jenkins/Allen Central will face the #1 team from District 7, and that my friend is Harlan.

That's the problem. I'll never understand why "making the playoffs" is such a big thrill. Ask folks at Pikeville or Belfry if "making the playoffs" is as exciting as winning in the playoffs. Set your sights higher instead of being just satisfied making the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, it's a huge step in the right direction for Allen Central to be in position to fight for the final playoff position. And they have improved since earlier in the season.

And I will correct you again on something else, the winner is probably going to get Pikeville again in the 1st round as Hazard beat Paintsville this past Friday night. BUT, again, no matter, as was stated before, just the mention of PLAYOFFS with Jenkins and Allen Central is a big boost to their programs. They can now call themselves a playoff caliber program!!! CONGRATS BOYS!!
daredevil4life Wrote:They can now call themselves a playoff caliber program!!! CONGRATS BOYS!!

I hope you're not calling Allen Central a "playoff caliber program". I can admit when I'm wrong and you should too after that statement. It's a little too soon to be calling Allen Central a playoff caliber program when you take into account that the only reason they are in this position is because of a fumble by Phelps near the goaline which prevented a game-winning touchdown by the Hornets and South Floyd is in total rebuilding mold.

This is a step in the right direction for the Rebels program. Congrats to the players for working so hard to make it this far and not quitting when they were getting hammered early on in the season. If this team is playoff contention next season, it will be safe to say that they are "playoff caliber".

As for Jenkins, it's been a long way back to this point. The Cavs were always knocking on the door of postseason 10+ years ago. To see them challenge Pikeville like they did must scare Panther fans if Jenkins are (and they should be) their opening round opponent in the playoffs.

For the record, this new playoff format sucks. Having to play the top team in the district in the opening round is just an unfair justice.
With just seconds left in the game, Phelps was poised to score, however they did not fumble at the goal line. They were stopped up the middle by AC. AC's defense worked hard at containing Phelps on their last drive of the game. It was first and goal for the Hornets and AC held them off.
As for SF being in rebuilding mold- I'll give you that. But AC lost 14 Seniors to graduation last year and has only 4 Seniors this season. They have Freshmen who are playing every single minute of the game. Kick off, return, offense and defense. With a 28 man roster, 14 are Freshmen at AC.

Good Luck AC- keep your head up- play hard and stay safe. The Rebel faithful are behind you.

jammin' jamey Wrote:I hope you're not calling Allen Central a "playoff caliber program". I can admit when I'm wrong and you should too after that statement. It's a little too soon to be calling Allen Central a playoff caliber program when you take into account that the only reason they are in this position is because of a fumble by Phelps near the goaline which prevented a game-winning touchdown by the Hornets and South Floyd is in total rebuilding mold.

This is a step in the right direction for the Rebels program. Congrats to the players for working so hard to make it this far and not quitting when they were getting hammered early on in the season. If this team is playoff contention next season, it will be safe to say that they are "playoff caliber".

As for Jenkins, it's been a long way back to this point. The Cavs were always knocking on the door of postseason 10+ years ago. To see them challenge Pikeville like they did must scare Panther fans if Jenkins are (and they should be) their opening round opponent in the playoffs.

For the record, this new playoff format sucks. Having to play the top team in the district in the opening round is just an unfair justice.
Let me rephrase what I said so 'jammin jamey' can get it clearly. Whoever wins the game Friday night between the Rebels and the Cavaliers can then call themselves a playoff caliber team. The other team that falls short should have that taste in their mouth of seeing how close they are at getting there and work that much harder to make it happen.

And if it is Allen Central then YES, they will be a playoff caliber team, regardless of how many years they have been down. AND regardless of who fumbled at the goal line and how, and who is in a rebuilding year. The only thing that matters is that they got the job done. And to be in this situation is what every team plays for every year, to play their way into the playoffs, and the Cavs and the Rebs will do just that.

And it does take a little bit of good fortune on your side to make things turn around for the better.

Hope that clarifies things.
I watched the game on film today they both didnt look too good