Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSBCA East/ West All Stars for 2014
Does anyone have a link to find out the players involved in game at Bryan Station on the 17th, and also, 1st State through Honorable Mentions. Thanks
Good question, three kids from my son's school got picked to go but haven't heard anything else about it.
Keesee and turner from lc are going I think this is for sophmores only.
I know they have be there wedensday at 7am they are going to work out and then play 1 or 2 games if that helps
Hurt From PCC
Wells from Hazard
Turner from Jackson City
I know these were the 3 sophmores selected.
Has anyone heard about the Senior game on Tuesday?
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo.../10642955/

I don't get these at all. No offense to KCC or their players but Estill's Tuttle who has had several games this season where he's struck out 10+ batters was honorable mention while Chance Cornett made first team all state?
This must be like a secret society. Not much info about it.
Today they are supposed to have the Senior game.
Tomorrow morning the Sophomore game.
Tomorrow evening the Junior game.
Congrats to the kids from Johnson Central and all the young men listed :Thumbs:
Strikeout King Wrote:http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo.../10642955/

I don't get these at all. No offense to KCC or their players but Estill's Tuttle who has had several games this season where he's struck out 10+ batters was honorable mention while Chance Cornett made first team all state?
Cornett is deserving of this award. With that said Tuttle is too. Cornett is probably a better all around player than Tuttle but not taking anything away from Tuttle. Those kids pitched a great battle in the region but Cornetts defense let him down.
Big Blue 09 Wrote:This must be like a secret society. Not much info about it.
Today they are supposed to have the Senior game.
Tomorrow morning the Sophomore game.
Tomorrow evening the Junior game.
i agree, there is nothing about it anywhere! It's a darn shame the coaches association just schedules the game and doesn't post the rosters anywhere or promote the games in any way? Don't get it?
KY Headhunter Wrote:Cornett is deserving of this award. With that said Tuttle is too. Cornett is probably a better all around player than Tuttle but not taking anything away from Tuttle. Those kids pitched a great battle in the region but Cornetts defense let him down.

According to maxpreps in 11 games for Tuttle, he had 101 K's with 3 of them being 10+ K's. 2 10+ K's against Powell County. He might have struck out 10+ against Powell for a third time, I'm not sure but I do know he had 2 10+ K's against them.
Is there still a coach's association? Web Page stuck in 2012. If so how do they vote on these things, and make selections to the games. Names I am hearing on the teams don't make all that much sense, but who knows if what i am hearing is correct have not seen roster. Who is President of association now.
Tuttle is nice player but all I'm saying is Cornett is a better all around player. Cornett is a great pitcher plus an outstanding shortstop with range like no other in East Ky.
Tuttle was a decent hitter. I remember him hitting the game winning home run against Hazard couple years ago in the regional tournament.
I do know being a member of the association is up to each coach for his team. They host a clinic in January as well as a rules clinic in Louisville each January which would give all schools the chance to participate for a minimal fee. The players are nominated by each region's association member coaches. Then players are voted on...each region is allowed two players and an alternate for the game. This could be why some teams or players are not on the roster, their coach elects to not participate.
It is my understanding that that each region elects 2 players from each region and 1 alternate the coach from the team in this case for the east sophamores was lecthet county then selects 9 more players from the alternats that is way some regions have more players than others the 15th had hitchcook from jc and turner and keesee from lc. I know that wallen from lc was on the senior squad. And that johnson central coach was the coach for the east juniors. Also larue county coach was the coach for west sophamores. It is good opertunity for the kids for the sophamore game there was around 15 to 20 college scouts there mostly looking at pitchers. The east sophmore the first game 4 to 3 and the second game ended in 1 to 1 tie