Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Stoops gets contract extension
Strikeout King Wrote:So a guy that is getting some of the best recruits out their and done stuff no other coach at UK has done in the past several tenures, gets a new contract extension, and yet the AD is the worst?

Please tell me how so because I'd love to hear this one.

I will agree that he has recruited some of the best players according to the recruiting experts in my lifetime. But in my lifetime I never seen someone get a raise after going 2-10 in any sport. I would have been embarrassed if someone had offered me a raised after a season like that.
2 wins and he gets a extensions?

Not hard to please in Wildcat land I take it.
Well when your getting top notch recruits your gonna get rewarded even if you have 2 wins or less.

Rich Brooks kept getting extended because of how well his teams done.

Joker was fired after two seasons because he's a horrible coach

Stoops, yes he only got two wins last season but look at all the recruits he's getting. Did Rich Brooks and Joker both get these type of recruits? I don't think so.
I've had season football tickets since the 2007 season..... I was there when we beat the #1 ranked LSU team and I was there when our program hit an all-tiime low when WKU beat us.

Stoops will win at UK!

Everybody knows it won't be this season.... and it won't be the 2015 season either.
Give Stoops and his staff time to get their recruits in place. From the starters to their number three's.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I've had season football tickets since the 2007 season..... I was there when we beat the #1 ranked LSU team and I was there when our program hit an all-tiime low when WKU beat us.

Stoops will win at UK!

Everybody knows it won't be this season.... and it won't be the 2015 season either.
Give Stoops and his staff time to get their recruits in place. From the starters to their number three's.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Finally, someone who understands how far down our program is.
insideinfo Wrote:Let see if you call correcting the Billy G thing by hiring a coach that he would not even return a phone call from 2 years earlier, with a guy that had his last 2 final fours vacated correcting the problem. I call it desperation.
Then after he has run everybody including me out of Commonwealth Stadium instead of hiring a proven winner in Petrino. He goes all hollier than thou and says he has to much baggage, my question to you is how many NCAA games has he had vacated from his resume. And for all the other sports that he has threw a ton of money at, how many championships has that produced. You do not have to throw money to win, you just have hire good people and have a solid game plan. As for as him stealing my parking place he did that to when he raised my parking pass 300% for inferior product. And as for as meeting him he would never take my phone calls, and I tried more than a few times to tell him what he could to with my tickets that I had since the early 80s,

So are you saying that coach Cal is a bad hire?

You still haven't made a case as to why he is the "worse" AD in the country.

I've met the man and a friend of mine is good friends with him. One of the nicest guys I have met and truly does want the best for ALL athletic programs at UK and this is why ALL of them have improved under his tenure.

I hope he stays for many years to come.
I don't trust words, I trust action...
Give him a chance to recruit a couple
more years, we'll see.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:First coach in history to win 2 games and get a contact extension

Rich Fraud went 3-8 at WVU in 2001 and got a contract extension. I think that sorta worked out real well.
Guys remember this. What coach could we have gotten that would have recruited like he did? Guys, you are forgetting that the players he recruited are going to sophomores, red shirt freshman, and true freshman. The rest is still Jokers players. We are the most impatient people in the country. You guys have to give him time. The remodeling at CWS is a big step, and the recruiting room will help. As far as Mitch B! Look what we do this year in sports in general. Basketball does great, volleyball goes to NCAA, softball, baseball, golf, tennis, rifle, cheerleading, and track are in the NCAA. We got a NCAA champ in indoor track and she is on pace to win it again. UK athletics as a whole is bett than it has ever been.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]