Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 8 Estill County 7
Final from Catholic
This is a very surprising score. Catholic is very young and was not overly impressive in their games with South and North Laurel. This should raise an early red flag for Estill County.
Estill will still be fine. First game of the season, players are getting the rust off. They'll improve as the season goes along. Remember, it's always hard to go into someone else's home and win.
I saw Catholic and was not impressed AT ALL. I realize it's early and on the road, but based on what I saw this should get some definite attention from the Estill coaching staff.
I'm sure it will.
I happen to be at the game and witness it first hand. Let me assure you that it was not a pleasant game to watch...Both teams had several errors and I mean more than 6 each so it was ugly. Lexington Catholic looked very young and inexperienced. Estill has three players that start that didn't start last year but it was not these players that made the mistakes it was our older players that committed the errors so I don't see much panic as Estill will be fine and they have always lost their share of games during the season due to the schedule they choose....but come time for tournament we will be ready....we have a tough schedule this week ...Montgomery County ...Thursday...Jackson County friday and a round robin at Madison Central on Sat....Madison Central...Somerset and Lex Catholic again....keep watching we will be there in the 14th region when it counts...
actually Estill has four new starters..
Rebounder8, actually, We aren't playing Lexington Catholic again, We will be playing Henry Clay at 4:30 on Saturday in the MC Round Robin. Lexington Catholic is still in it but will not be playing them.
Walter you are correct was not impressed by Catholic at all against South or North. Was not impressed by North or South. Surprised by this score. Catholic is very very young this year.