Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Undertaker is going to wrestle...
If Undertaker insists on coming back just to "boost" Wrestlemania, which we all have varying opinions on... who do you want to see him face at WM30? Sting? Lesnar?

If you think the storyline is a crock of shit (Talking to you, Dusty!) that's fine, because I agree, but if they're gonna do it who would you want it to be against?
It's already decided, he will be facing Lesnar.

As for Sting, I see no way for him to come to WWE and job out! The WWE will really want to cash in on a Sting DVD, but I don't think Sting is that hard up for money that he sells out everything that he has always been against in the WWF/WWE to come and make money for a DVD, a HOF entry, and then do the job to Taker.

Who do I want him to face??? I want him to face? I want him to face a guy like Roman Reigns, Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, or Cody Rhodes, Swagger, Ryback. I want him to put one of those guys over and make that person the next Icon! Taker could make a young guy a Superstar and an immediate long term main event guy for WWE. I don't want to see him face a part timer (Lesnar, Batista), I don't want to see him face another faded out superstar (HHH, Sting), I don't want to see him face an already established Main Event Guy (Cena, Orton). I only want to see him come back for the sole purpose of creating a new star. That's what guys like the Rock, Ric Flair and Sting have done. I was all for Taker getting to 20-0 and then retiring, but now I am tired of it. If they are only bringing him back once a year, then let him make a new star, that's his duty. Wrestling is a work, thus it is purely entertainment. It's like co-starring with Brad Pitt or Nick Clooney, it's about making the next box office attraction, not getting yourself over.
Yeah I agree, Dusty. I was asking for your opinions though, what you'd want to see. I know Lesnar is the plan... But God knows that could be scrapped by tomorrow because plan in the WWE seem to change daily.
As I said, what I want to see is him do the job and make another superstar. The angle is there for him to face Reigns, since it was the Shield who put him out when he came back for one week earlier in the year. Put Reigns over. Give him a monster push, and have Reigns go over Bryan at WM31 for the title. That would make Reigns a SUPERSTAR!!!
Stardust Wrote:As I said, what I want to see is him do the job and make another superstar. The angle is there for him to face Reigns, since it was the Shield who put him out when he came back for one week earlier in the year. Put Reigns over. Give him a monster push, and have Reigns go over Bryan at WM31 for the title. That would make Reigns a SUPERSTAR!!!

Do you think Taker could get a guy over even without technically putting him over? Putting on a fantastic match with Reigns, even if Taker wins in the end? Just hypotheticals, I have my opinion that I'll share later.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Do you think Taker could get a guy over even without technically putting him over? Putting on a fantastic match with Reigns, even if Taker wins in the end? Just hypotheticals, I have my opinion that I'll share later.

If you're gonna do it... do it.

That could work... but it could just as easily be a waste of time and effort when you're guaranteed to get the results with jobbing Taker.
Not too shabby of a list.... I wouldn't call these guys "jobbers"

immy "Superfly" Snuka
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Giant Gonzales
King Kong Bundy
Diesel
Psycho Sid
Kane
Big Boss Man
Triple H
Ric Flair
Big Show & A-Train
Kane
Randy Orton
Mark Henry
Batista
Edge
Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels
Triple H
Triple H
CM Punk
^ None of them are jobbers...
but they've obviously jobbed at Wrestlemania before
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Not too shabby of a list.... I wouldn't call these guys "jobbers"

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Giant Gonzales
King Kong Bundy
Diesel
Psycho Sid
Kane
Big Boss Man
Triple H
Ric Flair
Big Show & A-Train
Kane
Randy Orton
Mark Henry
Batista
Edge
Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels
Triple H
Triple H
CM Punk

zaga_fan Wrote:^ None of them are jobbers...
but they've obviously jobbed at Wrestlemania before

I would call Jimmy "Superfly" Sunka's match a WM7 a Squash... I think this is the match that got The Undertaker over as a monster heel.

Bobby 'The Brain' even said something to the effect of
"I can't believe he (The Undertaker) is doing this... I mean, this "Superfly Snuka"

All the other... I have a hard time saying they "jobbed" for the Taker
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Not too shabby of a list.... I wouldn't call these guys "jobbers"

immy "Superfly" Snuka
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Giant Gonzales
King Kong Bundy
Diesel
Psycho Sid
Kane
Big Boss Man
Triple H
Ric Flair
Big Show & A-Train
Kane
Randy Orton
Mark Henry
Batista
Edge
Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels
Triple H
Triple H
CM Punk

Besides Giant Gonzales and A-Train, every guy on this list was a Main Eventer when Taker faced them, so they did NOT need the rub. Taker is OVER as a "Face of the Company", thus, make a NEW MAIN EVENT guy, don't waste the fans time by giving a rub to a guy that does not need a rub! As I said, all the other Icon's have put non-main event guys over and made them main event guys. Look at what Sting and Ric Flair did! Taker is no longer someone that the company should be built around, thus, he should no longer be going over against a Main Event guy, it's a pure waste of getting the business over by not creating new stars.

As for all these matches listed, re-watch them all. Only the last 7 matches were made to look like Taker was threatened to be beat. It was only the last four that legitimately were considered "Best Match of the Card", and last year it was Punk who carried an obviously ailing Taker. All of the other matches were the SH!#$.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Do you think Taker could get a guy over even without technically putting him over? Putting on a fantastic match with Reigns, even if Taker wins in the end? Just hypotheticals, I have my opinion that I'll share later.

A Main Event guy can give the "Rub" to a mid-level guy and get them over by still winning. A guy who wrestles once a year is doing a disservice by insulting the intelligence of the fans by winning in his only match.

Look, wrestling is a work, I get it. But fans want to have their beliefs suspended. I love watching incredible car crashes, incredible explosions, or a guy with a handgun shoot and kill 40 bad guys before he reloads his gun. So I know how to suspend my belief. But to have a 50 year-old go into hibernation and work one match a year and win in a pre-determined outcome is not hard to believe. And I know that guy is GOING TO WIN, before the opening bell. If you want me to POP, then have Taker do what others have before him, and put over a guy on the biggest event of the year and make him a superstar. If Taker were to wrestle Reigns, go to 22-0, well, I knew it, thus I have no more belief that Reigns is a "Super Star" than I did before the match. BUT - If Reigns were to go over, he go's from a Mid Card guy to a Main Event guy, and will carry the stigma of beating the Taker and ending the streak. That would make Reigns an ICON right NOW!!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I would call Jimmy "Superfly" Sunka's match a WM7 a Squash... I think this is the match that got The Undertaker over as a monster heel.

Bobby 'The Brain' even said something to the effect of
"I can't believe he (The Undertaker) is doing this... I mean, this "Superfly Snuka"

All the other... I have a hard time saying they "jobbed" for the Taker

Whether or not you have a hard time saying it...
they got in the ring and they lost.
I have to agree with Dust, on the opponents that he'd like to see face off with Taker but the same result would still be the same, Taker would win, Vince isn't gonna let the streak die. If Vince does decide to end the streak, the only wrestler I'd be fine with ending the streak would be Kane...Kane and Undertaker have been around each other their entire career, worked matches together, worked matches against each other, left a path of destruction and so on. Not the knew Kane either, the old Kane, put the red suit on, the old mask on and go at it in either a casket match or buried alive match.....But that would never happen....

I really would like to see Taker face Roman Reigns at Mania

I can understand why Taker works just one match a year because of his body. When your 50-60 years old and done this all your life, it takes it's toil on you but then again, at that age, you don't need to be doing it.

I love Taker, he's easily one of my top 3 favorite wrestlers of all time, but it's time to retire.