Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phelps Coach?
MaxPreps has Antonio Price listed as Hornets' football coach. Who is he? Where's he from? Background info?
I wouldn't buy into maxpreps to much. Speaking of the hornets, when are they going to start the construction of the superdome over there?
So is the head coaching position back open for 2014 season????
I agree with RB. I wouldn't put too much stock into maxpreps unless the school uses it on a regular basis. Maxpreps has been known to change coaches on teams without it being updated by the school.
Yes. The Head Coaching position is back open, again. Randy Smith said he was a one and done. It just confuses me because I've never heard of the guy. And he's not known around Phelps. There's been talk about a Paintsville Coaching Staff Member taking the HC job. But I don't really know if he's the guy they've been talking about. If anyone finds out anything, post it on here. It'd be appreciated.
They're already making arrangements for the construction, and "supposedly" , they are planning to have the complex finished by next upcoming football season. I highly doubt it, but I'll just go with it for now.
The fact that the Phelps facilities will be better than Belfry's will surely draw some kids back to Hornetville. Hopefully this will help Phelps out a lot.
Is Phelps and Belfry both not apart of the same school district? If so and this is true which I highly doubt, how in the world can the school board and superintendent justify this and not do the same thing for the other county schools especially Belfry, you know the team that makes it to state championships and wins a few of them? No way this is true.
You do realize Phelps has been road warriors for the past few years? They haven't had a field, a place to practice let alone have home games. They played their "home" games at Belfry Middle which is still a good distance from their school. They deserve to have just as good of facilities as any school in the district, if not better! In my opinion, those dedicated students that stuck with football, were done an injustice. Best of luck to Phelps in the future.
And to my knowledge, the funds weren't provided by the school district. Instead it was from private Coal/Oil/Keith Hall investors in the area. The money that comes out of Phelps is enough to literally build 3 New Orleans Superdome's.
So is this job open? If so I would be very interested.
I would love to have the chance at this school too LOL. Underdog55 do you coach any where's now?
I think it be a great place to learn and build a good program like they use to have.
bear claw Wrote:Is Phelps and Belfry both not apart of the same school district? If so and this is true which I highly doubt, how in the world can the school board and superintendent justify this and not do the same thing for the other county schools especially Belfry, you know the team that makes it to state championships and wins a few of them? No way this is true.

They are not...there is no good way to get from Phelps to Belfry safely and it is at the very least a 30 minute drive...and in upwards of 45 minutes to an hour from the furthest reaches of the Phelps District to Belfry High School. Parts of Phelps are actually much closer to Pike Central than Belfry..other parts are closer to Belfry. There are even parts of Phelps' district that are closer to East Ridge. Just a tough location geographically surrounded by Mountains without a major road.
For some reason I was thinking that they were both apart of the Pike County School System. Oh well, shows you what I know.
Well they are, but Pike County is the largest land county in the Commonwealth. The distance between schools is still pretty far on a bus.
bear claw Wrote:For some reason I was thinking that they were both apart of the Pike County School System. Oh well, shows you what I know.

They are in the Pike Co School System. They are not in Belfry's District in football. I think that is what EKU was referring to.
Yes I am actually an assistant at another school at the moment. Looking for my first head coaching job at this level. Have about 6 years coaching experience and 12years playing experience.
HornetFan5 Wrote:MaxPreps has Antonio Price listed as Hornets' football coach. Who is he? Where's he from? Background info?

MaxPreps has Phelps-KY confused with Phelps-WASHINGTON DC

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/phe...l/home.htm

The Antonio Price at Phelps-DC is mentioned in this Washington Post article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/hig...story.html
as a former player for phelps i can honestly say its hard playing football their all we get is critisism and talked down to by others. our practice field was basically someones yard so yeah i think those boys definetly deserve a new field. having a good practice area and home field makes a huge difference
I was not saying that Phelps and Belfry were in the same football district. I said school district and evidently they are. I was just confused why Phelps would get an indoor football field and not one of the other schools in the SCHOOL district. BUT, I now know that the money is not coming from the school district but from outside sources. Congrats to Phelps!!!
bear claw Wrote:I was not saying that Phelps and Belfry were in the same football district. I said school district and evidently they are. I was just confused why Phelps would get an indoor football field and not one of the other schools in the SCHOOL district. BUT, I now know that the money is not coming from the school district but from outside sources. Congrats to Phelps!!!

Yeah I know. I was just letting you know they are in the Pike County School System. That's what you was asking about.
I have heard Brandon Ratliff will be the new coach!
sportscritic Wrote:I have heard Brandon Ratliff will be the new coach!

Brandon who? More info please.
Brandon Ratliff is a graduate of East Ridge. He has done coaching stints with East Ridge, Jenkins, and Jackson County.
there is no way Ratliff is qualified to take the football coaching job at Phelps
Brandon Ratliff would be an amazing coach for the Hornets! He wants to rebuild and win. I'm sure he'd be a perfect match for the boys in Hornetville to have as a leader. They need to have that drive to win as much as they want that new field. With that being said, Ratliff would be a great coach.