Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 50, South Laurel 46
Final.

Here is the recap to the game.

RECAP: North Laurel 50, South Laurel 46
North laurel kick south :moon:
It was a good game, Sur. You should have traveled up I-75 to watch it.
Here is the box score for the game:

North Laurel 7 16 10 17 – 50
South Laurel 9 8 17 12 – 46

North Laurel (50) – Broughton 17, Asher 15, Chris Miller 6, Austin Thompson 4, Jaythus Riley 3, Elijah Jervis 2, Hagen Hodges 1.

South Laurel (46) – Baxter 14, Jared Grubb 10, Brennan Miller 8, Trevor Grubb 7, Tyler Vandeventer 3, Ethan Anders 2, Vince Holcomb 2.
TriCountySports Wrote:It was a good game, Sur. You should have traveled up I-75 to watch it.

I live 2 miles from south 4 miles from north :igiveup: to watch hazard kick perry county :moon: tonite
Poorly called game by Greer and Gray. They are a disgrace to officials!!! Just plain terrible calls.
There were some questionable calls, like every game, but I don't think it affected the outcome.

Officiating has been below average this season, to say the least. I used to have my license in basketball and football. It's a tough job, but the 13th Region is lacking in officials.

There are a few guys that I think are very good in the 13th, though.
The officiating wasn't top notch, but neither was the play or coaching. Both teams played hard, just not very well. I'm sure both coaches did not show every wrinkle they have, or how they'll use players at tournament time.
That is ridiculous to me, Norh and South are not in the District. Why would the coaches not try to win the cross town rivalry games? I would think Coach Davis would try to win and pull out all the strings with such a poor record? South is a very good and dangerous team don't get me wrong, they will very good when they come together as a team. North has struggled at times this year also, but they are coached by a coach who loves to win and coaches to win each game. Especially against South Laurel!
I guess the hard, cold facts are that neither of these teams are very good. Young and full of effort, but no where near a regional contender. That better?
Everyone as their own opinion, I am going with NL being in the middle of the fight to win the region by the end of the year. coach Sizemore always has them ready by tournament time. You have your opinion I have mine!
Neither team makes it to region. When was the last time that 2 freshman beat a south laurel team?
That's how bad both teams are.
Hard fraught battle
redstorm Wrote:Neither team makes it to region. When was the last time that 2 freshman beat a south laurel team?
That's how bad both teams are.
It will be South and Corbin in the Region, Whitley's record is a fluke and when was the last time they made the region? Per South days maybe. North will fight it out with Jackson most likely in the first game of District, hopefully the mix of young and old will knock off Jackson just like last year! Only time will tell.
They play this Friday and are supposed to have the make up game rescheduled by this Monday or Tuesday Jackson County will know when the North at Jackson and Clay at Jackson games will be rescheduled from a very reliable source. The 49th district will be heating up in the next couple weeks I think!!