Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best big man in the state, best guard, best scorer? Opinions
KHSAA12, you sir must be referring to none other than Fritz-Hydly Lucien who averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds as a sophomore at Saint Laurent High School in Quebec. I believe he has been offered by L/L Cajuns and Division II powers Kentucky Wesleyan and Lincoln Memorial. He also has interest from Eastern Kentucky and Northern Kentucky I believe.
^Lol no sir. Mr Malik Hines.
Here is another player that has a very good upside.
Raymond Spalding (Trinity HS) 6-7/185 had 20 points, 17 rebounds and six blocks against Fairdale.
Jordan Fox is one of the top point guards in Southeastern Kentucky. He is committed to play for Army next season.

Here is a list of top player in the 13th Region:

13th Region Player Rankings
What about Ronnie Carson from East Jessamine as best scorer? Haven't saw him play but heard he's scored in the 40's a few times already
what about the big men in the 16th region
KHSAA12 Wrote:Best big in the state isn't eligible right now. Just sayin

ah boys...
Secret Agent 007 Wrote:Guards- Quentin Snider, Braxton Beverly, and James Bolden, all have great handles and can get to the rim

Scorers- Cameron Justice and Trenton Gilbert, can change a game with just a few shots

Big Men- Justin Johnson, his stats are ridiculous this year including games against the number 1 teams out of LA and OH.

I would post my thoughts...
but this guy stole them from me lol
KHSAA12 Wrote:Best big in the state isn't eligible right now. Just sayin

Then he isnt the best big man in the state. Gotta play to be considered. Spin it however you want and making up rumors that he committed to ohio st dont help anything. Johnson,, Jackson and Spalding are the best big men hands down.

Mix1...
Junior-Battle Wrote:Camron Justice and Quinten Snider are the two best players in the state.

Scorer: Justice and Gilbert
Guard: Snider
Big Man: Spalding or Davis or Johnson. (Hall would be if he wanted to, but he just acts like he don't love basketball or playing hard all the time)

Exactly right about Hall. It hasn't looked like he has wanted to be on the court ever since the end of his freshman year. With his body, he should dominate the 15th every night. I would love to see him succeed this year and at Marshall but I'm afraid the will and work ethic just isn't there for him. hope he proves me wrong
My state lineup would be
G- Q. Snider
G- J. Bolden
F- J. Davis
F- J. Johnson
F- K. Martin
Off bench
R. Spalding
C. Justice
B. Beverly

Hadn't heard of the Goodin kid
Wow, the Eastern Kentucky bias on here is insane!!!!!! The Eastern KY kids mentioned are very, very good players, no question!! But if you think you can take a mountain only team and consistently beat a team with the best players from the entire rest of the state - seriously? Think of the players in Western & Northern KY, Louisville and all of the other counties throughout the state. Come on now. That's just not realistic. The more appropriate conversation is whether that team could beat a best of Northern KY or a best of Louisville team???
Delete
ballboy Wrote:Beverly as a sophmore is one of the best in the state, Johnson is close only time will tell Goodin needs to get out of Taylor County if he wants to be seen in Rupp they cant beat Etown,Bardstown or North Hardin and they dont play a great schedule...out in the state.

Taylor has a shot at beating all 3 of those teams. They would even be a heavy favorite against North Hardin. Am I wrong? Besides, Goodin gets plenty of visibility (colleges) in the summer. He doesnt necessarily need to be in Rupp to be seen by those that "matter." Best prospect in the state, regardless of class. As a FRESHMAN, had the best offer of anyone in the state that I am aware of in Indiana University. Perhaps Snider to Louisville but other than that...
Mix1 Wrote:Then he isnt the best big man in the state. Gotta play to be considered. Spin it however you want and making up rumors that he committed to ohio st dont help anything. Johnson,, Jackson and Spalding are the best big men hands down.

Mix1...

Malik was a back to back state champion in Mississippi. Some of the big men mentioned hasn't made it out their region let along think about even competing for state. He could not touch the hardwood this year and still sign MAJOR D1. I hope to god the kid gets eligible just to show off his abilities to everyone. I think its funny when Malik first came over the summer everyone said a 4 star recruite to cordia no way, ant happening. And when everyone knows its true they talk that shit. Get outta here with that. And if you don't think Entas Kantar wasnt considered one of the best big men at the collegiate level while sittin on the pine, your delusional .
KHSAA12 Wrote:Malik wa back to back state champion in Mississippi. Some of the big men mentioned hasn't made it out their region let along think about even competing for state. He touch the hardwood this year and still sign MAJOR D1. I hope to god the kid gets eligible just to show off his abilities to everyone. I think its funny when Malik first came over the summer everyone said a 4 star recruite to cordia no way, ant happening. And when everyone knows its true they talk that shit. Get outta here with that. And if you don't think Entas Kantar wasnt considered one of the best big men at the collegiate level while sittin on the pine, your delusional .

No,, what erks me is the constant lies of him committing to ohio state. Fact is,, he isnt able to play this year. But you keep slurping on his jock strap. I never said he wasnt great,, hes good but thats it as of now. No more no less. And Kanter was already high on the nba radar before uk.

Mix1...
Well, I'll go off what I seen from Hines this summer, because that's all we can go by. I'll take Johnson, Hall, and Hudson over him. And YES I watched him play 4 times this summer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ask hall about jaysean LOL.
J Johnson whines a lot and gets a lot of help from referees. I have seen him be shut down when a team has someone about the same size as him.
Hauler Wrote:As far as dominating I seen Cornett from KCC hold Johnson in check in last years 14th region championship game. Just saying
This is a whole new year. you cant base things on a season before. sounds like you need to get out and watch him play
Johnson, Beverly, Justice
I would take Beverly,hall,justice