Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its that time
How is your team preparing in the off season? Meaning..... what does your coaches have the girls doing, etc.
I know Knott Central's girls are weight lifting like crazy and conditioning when they are not weight lifting. KCC is working hard this year.
I know Knott Central's girls are weight lifting like crazy and conditioning when they are not weight lifting. KCC is working hard this year.

Same at JC. They all have a weightlifting class during school and they run cross country. SOme do play volleyball though, but still weightlift.
eaglehoops Wrote:Same at JC. They all have a weightlifting class during school and they run cross country. SOme do play volleyball though, but still weightlift.

Some of them play soccer too. Wireman likes when they play a sport in the off season to keep them in shape.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
I would like to know how a school system can offer a weight lifting class for credit during regular school hours. This is amazing to me. That goes to show that in Johnson County they are more interested in preparing for the sports than in academics
The fact is rebel. If a child takes weightlifting at JC he or she still has to take every qualified class to graduate. This actually puts them at a disadvantage because they have to pick up another class. JC academic record speaks for itself. Allowing a weightlifing class is just like allowing kids to take PE all four years of HS.
rebel yell Wrote:I would like to know how a school system can offer a weight lifting class for credit during regular school hours. This is amazing to me. That goes to show that in Johnson County they are more interested in preparing for the sports than in academics

It's called an elective - many other schools offer it (weight training) besides Johnson Central.
Knott Central offers a weight lifting class as an elective.
Belfry girls have to take a weight training class and I'm sure Coach Steve Mickey is working them girls like crazy. Also, Friday whenever I went up for the game I was up there early and saw the girls running cross country for Randy Casey. I guess lifting weights and cross country is what they are doing to get in shape. Good job Amanda Collins.