Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic 64 Cordia 63 (2 OT)
Final from Lexington Catholic
Wow Cordia must have play a good game for 2ot 64SUR :Cheerlead
Cordia had this game won in regulation, they started holding the ball with like 4 mins to go. They done the complete opposite then what got them the lead, they were playing not to lose instead of to win. Great game to watch, Cordia should have won in regulation but Newport should had utilized their big men more. Maybe a little high low action b/c Cordia had no answer. Can anyone tell me why Cordia runs 2 people at the high post against a 2-3 zone, run someone on the base line!! That's one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen a team do against a 2-3.
KnowledgeOfAll Wrote:Cordia had this game won in regulation, they started holding the ball with like 4 mins to go. They done the complete opposite then what got them the lead, they were playing not to lose instead of to win. Great game to watch, Cordia should have won in regulation but Newport should had utilized their big men more. Maybe a little high low action b/c Cordia had no answer. Can anyone tell me why Cordia runs 2 people at the high post against a 2-3 zone, run someone on the base line!! That's one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen a team do against a 2-3.

They may have not executed it well...
but crowding the top of a 2-3 zone is always an option IMO
Cordia played well but let NCC off the hook. Nice game Cordia. This MCC team is better than you may think. This same team was up 12 on Ballard late in the 3rd quarter.
Why dont 107.1 WKCB carry Cordia games also if their both in the same tournament and from the same county and Cordia is a Knott County school or is it bbbbbecause they dont want to give them any exposure???
NCC has only lost to Ballard, by 18 and PRP by 8.
Congrats. Lions have represented the mountains extremely well. Both games they have played so far are against top tier teams. I don't think the Lions will be an easy out for anyone come tournament time. The Lions could potentially cross paths with NCC again in the all A sweet sixteen. NCC was the team that ousted Knott in the all A last year and look to be a strong contender for the title again this year. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
ballboy Wrote:Why dont 107.1 WKCB carry Cordia games also if their both in the same tournament and from the same county and Cordia is a Knott County school or is it bbbbbecause they dont want to give them any exposure???

Cordia does need any exposure from the joke of a color-man like Doc Combs who knows nothing about the game. You can't understand him anyway he is always yelling something stupid.:biglmao::biglmao:: What. A. Joke.
ballboy Wrote:Why dont 107.1 WKCB carry Cordia games also if their both in the same tournament and from the same county and Cordia is a Knott County school or is it bbbbbecause they dont want to give them any exposure???

Shame on 107.1 WKCB and the county of knott county :Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04:
The reason WKCB doesn't cover the Cordia games is...we don't want them to! Also the city slickers of Hindman (Aka Hindmanites) don't really like Cordia.

My Granddaughter who plays for KCC Lady Patriots was playing in Pineville. An easy call for me on which game we would air.

Larry Thornsberry
Sports Director
WKCB
killerb Wrote:My Granddaughter who plays for KCC Lady Patriots was playing in Pineville. An easy call for me on which game we would air.

Larry Thornsberry
Sports Director
WKCB

Heck I thought we was talking about boys Basketball games sorry if I misspoken Killerb 64SUR now go Cordia :Cheerlead
Maybe the way their fan base talks about them has something to do with it IMO .
Cordia fans say the same as any other teams fans. Its just they are not weclcomed at the top of the region with others imo. Fans say their teams the best bc that's what they believe, if that gets on peoples nerves so be it. They did get one vote for number 1 team in the state. And that's facts not just the fans talking.
bmf_41722 Wrote:The reason WKCB doesn't cover the Cordia games is...we don't want them to! Also the city slickers of Hindman (Aka Hindmanites) don't really like Cordia.

Most of us respect JBS more,, just facts. Like comparing UK and Loserville,, big brother vs little brother.

Mix1...
I was referring to the way they talk about the broadcasters. There were questions as to why 107.1 was not covering their games. Just guessing here.
Mix1 Wrote:Most of us respect JBS more,, just facts. Like comparing UK and Loserville,, big brother vs little brother.

Mix1...

I would respect jbs more to.