Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 70 - Middlesboro 60
Final.
It looks like Middlesboro decided to play better ball from the looks of the score. But then again it seems like they always play a decent game vs Harlan County the past couple years.
The game was closer than the score indicates. Middlesboro is a great team, with a great coaching staff. Foister, #5 is unbelievable!!

It was a fast paced, hard fought and gritty game!!! Great game to watch!!
Foister will definitely be mentioned in our week two player rankings, which will be released on Sunday.

ITCS 13th Region Player Rankings - Week One
Foister is very good.
He belongs in the same conversation with Fox, Barger, Baxter...
Middlesboro played pretty well tonight. They can play with anyone in the 52nd.
I agree with HDE. He's just great! I saw a lot of maturing in #10 and #14, too.

All that said, Harlan County's team work is really getting the job done!! I continue to be impressed with our bench, AND our team effort. Pretty proud of the Black Bears this morning!!
Per Harlan Daily Enterprise

Harlan County (70) — Cody Bumgardner 10, Trey Sanders 11, Zach Caldwell 12, Fred Massey 17, Scotty Bailey 2, Treyce Spurlock 10, Cameron Carmical 3, Zack Wilson 5, Josh Lee 0.

Middlesboro (60) — Brandon Hale 0, Donnie Foister 28, Tyshon Kinkade 2, Major Edwards 9, Tyler Prater 4, Austin Poindexter 15, Justin Miracle 2, Abhishek Singh 0
Very good ball game last night at HC. Both teams played hard and competed all night long. The 52nd is going to be a battle every night. Each team has their strengths and weaknesses. Untelling how the thing will shake out in February.

HC has great depth. Can play 10 and not lose a whole lot. Very well coached as well. They also defend well.

MHS has two studs in Foister and Poindexter. I think both can play at the next level. The other players are starting to figure out their roles as well. I think the 50 point loss at Jackson was a fluke. Jackson was the better team but MHS couldn't buy a basket all night, from there everything snowballed. It was also a 5point game in the 4th at Bville before the Tigers took it out for the win. The Jackets are coming along and will be ready to go when the tournaments start.