Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands schedule
Now that legendary coach Mueller has retired, what will Highlands schedule look like? Will they duck and cover or will they continue to play competitive?
There schedule was made three years ago....:eyeroll:

It's more of a matter of will the "Chicken S%@#'s" now have the guts to schedule HHS after they all ran and hid.... Come on NCC, SK, step up.....
Well pardon me all over the place......I'm trying to do this in my best Wizard of Oz voice......"The great and almighty Stardust has spoken"! You can't deny coach Mueller's success and he will go down as one of the greatest, if not the greatest coach in Kentucky high school football. It's a simple question, obviously one you don't like, but tough! Coach Mueller was good at scheduling and getting the most out of his teams. So what if the schedule for the next 3 years is made, who had a hand in that? Coach Mueller? Do you think he would hang his replacement out to dry? I don't think so, but Highlands football will be around longer than both of us so lets see what happens in the next few years. I hope things remain the same because it shows football in NKY is strong and will remain that way.
Umm, do you really think that Dale KNEW beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was retiring THIS YEAR, when he set the schedule THREE years ago?????
Well according to you in other threads, he knew last year he was going to retire, right? So if that's the case, and Dale's a smart man, he probably started this process long before he let anyone else know. JMO.
Almost all games are scheduled with 2 year contracts. Bowl games are usually the same but the teams with switch opponents. 2014 will be the 2nd year off the 2 year contracts so FTH schedule should be the same with site changing and possible 1 opponent.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Well according to you in other threads, he knew last year he was going to retire, right? So if that's the case, and Dale's a smart man, he probably started this process long before he let anyone else know. JMO.

If the coach gets the job that everyone seems to think will, Dale could have consulted with him the upcoming schedule. As far as SK playing HHS, don't see it happening anytime in the near future. I'd say the Pioneers keep there series with Collins going. Great first game of the year.:biggrin:
New blood in a lot of the coaching positions in NKY means that some traditional HHS opponents over the years might see the value in getting back on the schedule. I can see Boone, Ryle and Dixie back on the schedule, and maybe NewCath as well. Even more interesting is what might happen if Highlands becomes a 3A team the next time they reclassify.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
We know Campbell will play the Birds. We know NCC, SK, Cooper, and the rest of NKY will not.

The only question is if Cov Cath moves to 5A will they be on the schedule during the next 2 year cycle.
Sweet Cake Wrote:We know Campbell will play the Birds. We know NCC, SK, Cooper, and the rest of NKY will not.

The only question is if Cov Cath moves to 5A will they be on the schedule during the next 2 year cycle.

NewCath is a longshot, just because of the history and familiarity, and on a year to year basis Highlands has nothing to gain from playing SK or Cooper. SK is too up and down and Cooper is too new. I can see the new coaches at Boone, Ryle and Dixie stepping up, in that order.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know that there is not much to gain for the Birds. I was just reminding our friends at those schools they still had their panties on. They like to stand at a safe distance and play make believe at times.
I have no idea who they play the next few years. I do know a lot of N Ky teams won't play them. As far as Cooper being too new. I believe they were state runner up last year in 5A. Just so happened they ran into Bowling Green in the finals. I believe Bowling Green might have been the best team in the state this year.
Sweet Cake Wrote:I know that there is not much to gain for the Birds. I was just reminding our friends at those schools they still had their panties on. They like to stand at a safe distance and play make believe at times.

Way to be Cake Confusednicker:, we're all growing and learning together!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
BG please!
I wouldn't mind a Collins regular season game
bo67 Wrote:I have no idea who they play the next few years. I do know a lot of N Ky teams won't play them. As far as Cooper being too new. I believe they were state runner up last year in 5A. Just so happened they ran into Bowling Green in the finals. I believe Bowling Green might have been the best team in the state this year.

I believe Cooper wasn't close this year. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think the Highlands dream schedule would be....

(Under the current alignment)

Trinity Away
Simon Kenton Home
Bowling Green Home
Collins Away
Cincy Elder/Moeller Away
Boyle County Home
Holmes Away (District)
Harrison County Away (District)
Cov Cath Home (District)
Campbell County Home

Go ahead and make me AD :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think the Highlands dream schedule would be....

(Under the current alignment)

Trinity Away
Simon Kenton Home
Bowling Green Home
Collins Away
Cincy Elder/Moeller Away
Boyle County Home
Holmes Away (District)
Harrison County Away (District)
Cov Cath Home (District)
Campbell County Home

Go ahead and make me AD :biggrin:

I like it except replace the Campbell co game with St. X.
With that schedule. They get beat at least 3 times