Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name the top 10 girls basketball players in the 14th region
Name the top 10 high school girls basketball players in the 14th region from top to bottom 1-10.
1. Kayla Rankin from PCC
2. Creech from Jenkins
3. Moore from Leslie

That's the best I can think of
We are looking at a weak field for top players in the 14th.......I like the girl from Powell County.
Kansas Rice from Buckhorn is a good player.
1. Rankin (PCC)
2. Moore (Leslie)
3. Creech (Jenkins)
4. Rogers (Powell)
5. Flynn (Estill)
The Stidham girl from Letcher should make the top 10.
Chelsi Handshoe from Owsley and the Noe girl from Lee County are two or the best shooters in the mountains and should be on this list.
In no particular order:

Rankin PCC
Moore LCHS
Creech JHS
Henderson JBS
Stidham LCC
Flynn ECHS
Rice BHorn
Herald BCHS
Rogers PCHS
Cox BCHS
Noe LeCHS
Hanshoe OCHS
Brock LCC
Asher LCHS
PapaPoof Wrote:Chelsi Handshoe from Owsley and the Noe girl from Lee County are two or the best shooters in the mountains and should be on this list.

Very good players but not the best in the mountains. Top 10 shooters in the region and possibly in the mountains but they aren't the best in the mountains. Creech (Jenkins) and Morris (Bell Co) are the best shooters in the mountains.
Make a serious case for Kennedy Flynn from Estill County, last year she averaged 23.7 per game. She played in the Berea Tournament and make the All Tournament team. She averaged over 20 points per game with state tournament teams like Notre Dame, Madison Central, Corbin along with Montgomery County and Bryan Station. She made All Tournament team at the Williamstown tournament with Paintsville, Grant County, Erlanger Lloyd and West Jessamine, not as good of field as was the Berea tournament. Also she made the 56th District All Tournament team and the 14th Regional Tournament team....I believe according to Kentucky Max Prep she was 3rd in the state in scoring....some good credentials to look at for a young lady.
rebounder8 Wrote:Make a serious case for Kennedy Flynn from Estill County, last year she averaged 23.7 per game. She played in the Berea Tournament and make the All Tournament team. She averaged over 20 points per game with state tournament teams like Notre Dame, Madison Central, Corbin along with Montgomery County and Bryan Station. She made All Tournament team at the Williamstown tournament with Paintsville, Grant County, Erlanger Lloyd and West Jessamine, not as good of field as was the Berea tournament. Also she made the 56th District All Tournament team and the 14th Regional Tournament team....I believe according to Kentucky Max Prep she was 3rd in the state in scoring....some good credentials to look at for a young lady.

She's 9th according to KHSAA stats. Creech from Jenkins is 1st
Rankin and Moore are in a different league from the rest. They could play in any region.
What does LCC have this year?
Still figuring out that myself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I would say these lists are relatively accurate. From what I hear the 15th region and the Shelby Valley Wildcats took one of the top players. Does anyone know anything about the Proffitt girl?
Owls Nest Wrote:I would say these lists are relatively accurate. From what I hear the 15th region and the Shelby Valley Wildcats took one of the top players. Does anyone know anything about the Proffitt girl?

Do what.
Can anyone tell me how close the creech girl is to 2000 points? She is on pace to break all time school scoring title. I think Kristie Sexton is the leader.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Lindsay Proffitt???
Owls Nest Wrote:Lindsay Proffitt???

Your kidding right
Owls Nest, Lindsay is my sister and yes she is at Valley now.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Can anyone tell me how close the creech girl is to 2000 points? She is on pace to break all time school scoring title. I think Kristie Sexton is the leader.

Whiney has between 1600-1800 and yes Kristie is leader with 2200
jproffitt63 Wrote:Owls Nest, Lindsay is my sister and yes she is at Valley now.

Thank you. I came down to perry county central and watched her. There is no doubt she would have been a top ten player in the 14th region. Your sister is going to be very good. What grade is she in?
Owls Nest Wrote:Thank you. I came down to perry county central and watched her. There is no doubt she would have been a top ten player in the 14th region. Your sister is going to be very good. What grade is she in?

Thank you. She has a long way to go, but she is getting better. She is an 8th grader.
Hazard has a few seniors coming back. After everything they've dealt with since they were freshmen I hope to see them shock the world this year. Good luck Maddison, Kellie, Brittany, Tori, and the rest of the team! GO DOGS!
Harold Brashear will teach these girls a dirty style of basketball. Harold was one of the dirtyest players that ever lived. He'd do anything to get a win. Nothing wrong with that. Look for the Lady Dawgs to have a lot more fight in them as compared to years past.
Moore - Leslie
Asher- Leslie
Rankin - Perry
Evans - Perry
Rice - Buckhorn
Seems like to me that there is so much attention paid to the good ole boys and girls in the mountains. Not much attention on the schools that neither are recognized as a 14th region school or any other region. But I think there are two pretty darn good girls basketball players down here closer to central Kentucky, who not by choice are in the 14th region...one is Powell County's Rogers and Estill County's Flynn...both fantastic young ladies...but we hear little about their accomplishments...
After watching a few games and seeing them over in Jackson, I feel that the Lady Owls has a couple more players that could be added to the list. One not many people knows about but could potentially be the best girl to come out of Booneville and that is Macie Gipson. She is just an eighth grader I'm told and from what I've seen, she can score near and around the basket and has a decent shot at the line.. Also, Alyssa McIntosh should be added.
Comparing 8th graders from owsley county to the top players in the region is extremely inaccurate and irrelevant to the topic.