Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's got the best defense in the 15th?
Great Post, it may hurt some feelings, but the truth usually does that. I try to listen to all of Paintsvilles games via radio. Time and time again the announcers would say "someone needs to light a fire under his @$$ to make him play D" but, he wasnt the only one. Landon is pretty much known to be a hell of an inside shooter, but being labeled as a team player...never..

rooster Wrote:Add yourself as being one of the intellectual masses out there Wildcat. Anybody that had a clue would know that I was talking about an individual player going on to play Major College basketball . Yeah the 15th region gets an automatic bid to the state tournament, but that's about the only way in most years they are able to get there. As I recall nobody out of the 15th region has managed to win the first game at the state tournament for the last 7 years, and it has been 11 years since anyone out of the 15th region has signed a D1 scholarship.

Its mentalities of some of you guys that fail to realize that you live in your own little "And1" worlds, and dont have the first clue as to what it takes to play D1 basketball, and I can guarantee you that the Daniel Pugh's of the world would have a much better shot at playing than the Landon Slones of the world. You have to be able to play a little defense even at the DIII level,let alone DI. Slone cant shoot out side of the freethrow lane or the charity stripe. He can't rebound, he can't jump, he can't play defense, and he can't rebound, and is not quick. He is able to score on a bunch off 5'9" guards penetrating the free throw lane and drawing a foul, which he would never be able to do against lightening quick 6'4" guards in college. He would never be able to make it to the free throw lane, let alone draw a foul on a shot attempt.

When some of you teenie boppers can get this through your thick skulls, and quit living in your fantasy worlds, the 15th region might start producing a few quality basketball players.
I'd rather not get involed in this because I have no dog in the fight but the times I saw Landon play last season he often looked to set his teammates up first and shoot second, often passing up shots that I though he should have taken or could have. I can't speak for the whole season because I only saw Paintsville play a few times but as a fan observing I don't see how you can say he isn't a team player. Also I'd try and shoot more too if my team was playing keep away from me like a few players did last season. What I saw in the regional tournament from this some players on this team was one of the most selfish things I had seen in years from a team(I'm not talking about everyone), that wasn't the time for them to be keeping the ball from him and thats what got them beat. He had to earn everything he got, and thats coming from someone who's not a Paintsville fan or biased to any certain player at Paintsville, just an honest answer from my point of view.

I thought Slone and VanHoose played well together also.

I've shared my opinion on this so I'm not going to say anything else about it or get involved in anymore of their Drama.:thumpsup:
Warlock Wrote:15th region teams ranked in order of lowest to highest in points givin up during the season.

Phelps 1,384

East Ridge 1,503

Pikeville 1,504

Shelby Valley 1,687

Betsy Layne 1,763

Lawrence County 1,780

Prestonsburg 1,798

Magoffin County 1,811

Sheldon Clark 1,841

Belfry 1,861

Allen Central 1,957

Johnson Central 1,993

Paintsville 2,041

Pike Central 2,053

Piarist 2,146

South Floyd 2,233

David 2,257

I know this won't help settle the arguement. I do think some of the teams are rather surprising though.

This actually suprised me!
that scoring list don't matter on who plays the best defence....the teams on the top of that list didn't play much competition....the teams more towards the bottom had some really tough schedules
Does anybody know about Prestonsburg, Lawrence, or Magoffin