Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 Week of 10-14-13
WYMT -- Mountain Football Top 10 presented by Alice Lloyd College.

1) Pulaski County (38)
2) Belfry (37)
3) Johnson Central (36)
4) Corbin (28)
5) North Laurel (21)
6) Harlan County (19)
7) Pikeville (18)
8) Hazard (14)
9) Middlesboro (7)
10) Williamsburg (5)
***Updated on October 14, 2013***
Corbin very deserving of high ranking with big wins over.
south laurel (2-5) 67 points all year
mcreary (0-7) 12 points all year scored
trimble (0-7) 44 points all year
south pulaski (1-7)
Forever Maroon Wrote:WYMT -- Mountain Football Top 10 presented by Alice Lloyd College.

1) Pulaski County (38)
2) Belfry (37)
3) Johnson Central (36)
4) Corbin (28)
5) North Laurel (21)
6) Harlan County (19)
7) Pikeville (18)
8) Hazard (14)
9) Middlesboro (7)
10) Williamsburg (5)
***Updated on October 14, 2013***

I think Harlan County would beat Corbin and North, and I believe Williamsburg would beat Middlesboro. I would reflect that in the rankings by moving Harlan County to 4 and moving Corbin and North down onw spot. I would then flip Williamsburg and Middlesboro.
Full deck Wrote:Corbin very deserving of high ranking with big wins over.
south laurel (2-5) 67 points all year
mcreary (0-7) 12 points all year scored
trimble (0-7) 44 points all year
south pulaski (1-7)

I totally agree, but they played Wayne well and are a pretty good team. The Danville win is looking better after beating Somerset. I would rank them 5th, because I do not think they can beat Harlan County, but would probably beat North, the three single A schools, and Middlesboro.
I would say Corbin has played a weaker sched than anyone on the list.
1) Pulaski County
2) Belfry
3) Johnson Central
4) Corbin
5) North Laurel
6) Harlan County
7) Pikeville
8) Hazard
9) Middlesboro
10) Williamsburg

The only problem I have with this is Harlan Co I put them at a tie with Corbin at 4 they only have 3 loses too Belfry and JC (two of the best teams in East maybe State) and a really good TN team. I also think the top three are a tie
1A power looking good in the mts. :welcome: 1A fans
You boys are dead wrong about Corbin!! You to gripe about the schedule but they beat the teams like a great team should running clocks early I the third quarter on almost all of them and it took EVERYTHING Wayne had to beat them Corbin was up most of the game. They absolutely destroyed Danville could have hung a 100 on them. You also put SW Pulaski on there as 1-7 well who have they played? Oh yeah they played Corbin, Madison Southern, Belfry, Wayne Co, Knox Central, Somerset, north laurel, and one crap team south laurel who they beat. SW is the best 1-7 team in the country. The redhounds are the real deal and they can play with ANYBODY!! We will be ready for a big playoff run!!

Go Big Red!!
There is no way Pulaski Co is better than Johnson Central!...... Or Belfry!.......
Who are the ones who vote these teams?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:There is no way Pulaski Co is better than Johnson Central!...... Or Belfry!.......
Have you even seen Pulaski play?
1. Pulaski County
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Harlan County
5. Corbin

Been that way for weeks. I dont care if these teams lose other games, collectively, they would beat all other mountain teams. To put 6-10 is pointless. There is not 5 other teams that you could put on the list and feel good about it.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Have you even seen Pulaski play?
Yes I have, the more important question here is (Have you seen Johnson Central or Belfry) I am guessing not...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Pulaski County
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Harlan County
5. Corbin

Been that way for weeks. I dont care if these teams lose other games, collectively, they would beat all other mountain teams. To put 6-10 is pointless. There is not 5 other teams that you could put on the list and feel good about it.

pointless to you gut but for the rest of us its fun.I do believe north should be in the 5 spot Confusedmoke:
Go Big Red! Wrote:You boys are dead wrong about Corbin!! You to gripe about the schedule but they beat the teams like a great team should running clocks early I the third quarter on almost all of them and it took EVERYTHING Wayne had to beat them Corbin was up most of the game. They absolutely destroyed Danville could have hung a 100 on them. You also put SW Pulaski on there as 1-7 well who have they played? Oh yeah they played Corbin, Madison Southern, Belfry, Wayne Co, Knox Central, Somerset, north laurel, and one crap team south laurel who they beat. SW is the best 1-7 team in the country. The redhounds are the real deal and they can play with ANYBODY!! We will be ready for a big playoff run!!

Go Big Red!!

Easy now ..... no one on here is say Corbin is horriable and your right they are a really good Mt Football team, but a deep run in the Playoff is another story. They won't win the district or Region, beating Bell maybe the only thing they have to hang their hats on this year other than a 9 win season against a bunch of weak opponents. Its how you finish that people remember. A true program counts titles and trophies, not we had a good team that year.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Yes I have, the more important question here is (Have you seen Johnson Central or Belfry) I am guessing not...

I did watch Belfry play. And quite honestly was not impressed. Southwestern fumbled away that game, A 1-7 SW team. I have not seen Johnson Central play live, just highlights. I didn't say anything about seeing them. Pulaski has beaten the #5 team in 5A (on the road), #9 team in 5A(#7 at the time), #9 team in 4A(#7 at the time), (all 3 only have 1 loss.. to PC). I would say that makes PC very deserving of its ranking. I think the top 3 in the mountains are right there with each other. Just seems that some of the over the top comments like.. "There is NO WAY Pulaski Co is better than Johnson Central!... Or Belfry!.." would come from someone who is uninformed on the teams. If you did see PC play, you know they are a very good football team... MAYBE, just MAYBE as good, if not better than Johnson Central and Belfry.
64SUR Wrote:pointless to you gut but for the rest of us its fun.I do believe north should be in the 5 spot Confusedmoke:

North may come in at the 6 spot, but they are not better than Corbin. In fact, with the two teams style of play, I would imagine Corbin would have very little trouble with North.
I have been to Pulaski County many times. Each time I am there I look for a mountain...have yet to find one. Confusednicker:

Just joking around...I realize that the rankings are based on the WYMT coverage area.
Objective Wrote:Easy now ..... no one on here is say Corbin is horriable and your right they are a really good Mt Football team, but a deep run in the Playoff is another story. They won't win the district or Region, beating Bell maybe the only thing they have to hang their hats on this year other than a 9 win season against a bunch of weak opponents. Its how you finish that people remember. A true program counts titles and trophies, not we had a good team that year.

Yeah we will make a big run in the playoffs and we know all about titles we have won our share if them. It's been a while since Corbin has won a state title and we are do one in the near future!!! Everybody wants to complain about their schedule it's not our fault other teams are down. IMO Corbin has a shot at BG this year it's a long shot but by no means would it be out of the question. Head on over to log moutain tomorrow and you will see just what I'm talking about.
And by the way objective we lost the district title in a shoot out with another team that has a heck of chance at making it to BG.
Belfry, Johnson Central and Pulaski County are very close. Not much to differentiate between the three. Pick any one of the above and you can make a good argument. North Laurel, Corbin and Harlan are the next level. You can make an argument for any of the three. Hazard, Pikeville and Williamsburg are next. That will be sorted out in November. Middlesboro is a step behind with their loss to Pikeville. North gave Pulaski all they wanted with out their best player. Corbin has manhandled every body in front of them other than an exceptional Wayne County team. I would probably vote JC #1. Pulaski a close #2. The Maroons win over Madison Southern is very impressive. Harlan County will get the chance to prove me wrong in a few weeks. But they will have to beat either a good North Laurel or Madison Southern to get a shot at Pulaski.
E's Army Wrote:Belfry, Johnson Central and Pulaski County are very close. Not much to differentiate between the three. Pick any one of the above and you can make a good argument. North Laurel, Corbin and Harlan are the next level. You can make an argument for any of the three. Hazard, Pikeville and Williamsburg are next. That will be sorted out in November. Middlesboro is a step behind with their loss to Pikeville. North gave Pulaski all they wanted with out their best player. Corbin has manhandled every body in front of them other than an exceptional Wayne County team. I would probably vote JC #1. Pulaski a close #2. The Maroons win over Madison Southern is very impressive. Harlan County will get the chance to prove me wrong in a few weeks. But they will have to beat either a good North Laurel or Madison Southern to get a shot at Pulaski.

HC will get their chance and take advantage of it!
Go Big Red! Wrote:And by the way objective we lost the district title in a shoot out with another team that has a heck of chance at making it to BG.

I agree Wayne is a state championship quailty team thats why Corbin doesn't gets any trophies this year. Good football team, but not good enough to make a run pass Wayne or Central so trophies, and a long run in the playoffs are a Not So Fast. But no worries they are a good team !!!! I have them at a tie with Harlan Co at 4-5 but the problem is I'm objective and all tho they are really good just not better than Wayne or Central and this is about your Deep run statement that I don't believe can happen. I hope they prove me wrong would rather have a Mt team in BG than Wayne or Central

PS... I'll try and make the game