Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khsaa Retraction
Not that national tv exposure or publicity had anything to do with it Confusednicker:.

The Khsaa backpedaled as well as Ken Riley, Frank Minnefield, and Ronnie Lott put together on the post game hand shake issue.

Their new position is we never intended to discourage players from shaking hands. We just want to make sure the proper personnel is on the field to make sure there are no further incidences.

I'm paraphrasing the local Cincinnati news report. There should be a press release with the new stance. Someone please post to this thread.

Do know that yesterday and today a few Northern Kentucky teams have opted to pray together instead. :Thumbs: Hats off to the teams and athletes that have done so. Here's a thought....shake hands at games end, and for those who would like to, a combined team prayer circle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
That is some great news. I cannot understand how anyone could look at this decision and not understand that it is a big overstep on the side of the KHSAA. All they had to do was simply put a paragraph in the rules stating that they would not have been responsible for such activities. That would have relieved them of the possibility of law suits. They did not have to pose a fine.
one of those "I misspoke" cover my butt moments?
Back peddle , back peddle, back peddle,,, break!
Wouldn't it be easier to do what one of my mentors told me many years ago. That is think and then comment.
Yeah, there was a lovely story on NBC Nightly News tonight about the KHSAA and the post game handshake. As stated by Spirit100, a little national attention made them squirm.