Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Regional Power Rankings- NKY
1. Highlands- Birds are nested at the top..but looking more vulnerable than year's past
2. Simon Kenton- Pioneers eying perfection
3. Conner- Wasn't pretty, but Cougars survive a good Campbell County squad
4. Dixie Heights- Colonels jump CovCath as they simply look like the better team sine they lost head to head
5. CovCath- Colonels with a big test to prove what they are without Bir.

Game of the Week:
Cooper @ Scott- Eagles with their first real test to prove if they are for real
So you do not think Highlands at Cov Cath is the NKY game of the week given some of the unanswered questions about both teams (as indicated in your list) and the rivalry? :please::insane:
Frozenbird Wrote:So you do not think Highlands at Cov Cath is the NKY game of the week given some of the unanswered questions about both teams (as indicated in your list) and the rivalry? :please::insane:

No... I get the distinct feeling Highlands will crush CovCath.

Look at the possible outcomes:
Highlands not down vs. CovCath not down= Game similar to year's past, but CovCath's best this year still is an obvious step down from Highlands.

Highlands not down vs. CovCath down= Blowout Highlands..major, major blowout

Highlands down vs. Cov Cath not down - Tossup game

Highlands down vs. CovCath down- Blowout Highlands.. even "bad" Highlands beat a pretty good John Hardin and a talented Tilghman.. not sure a "bad" CovCath could do the same

4 scenarios..two are Highlands blowouts, one could still be decisively Highlands. We know Bir is out..that's a guarantee and almost assuredly means CovCath simply won't be able to meet Highlands' level.. the big question for CCH is are they still the best of the 2nd tier and as good as the team who beat Dixie when Bir was playing.
Highlands v. CovCath is a rivalry only b/c they are in the same district. 4 wins since 1995doesn't make it a rivalry in its truest sense.

Cooper v. Scott will be a litmus test for Scott, and should make for a much closer game than what is going to happen in Park Hills. Now, if Wagner, Bir, and Burchell were all close to 100%, then I would say that it was the game of the week in the entire state. They are not, and it is not.
You keep saying "Bir" is out. Yes, Luke Bir (Blake's younger brother) is out at RB till the end of the year. But Blake is, of course, graduated and playing at Dayton.
I'm guessing you mean Wagner is out. He is out till end of year as well. CCH has run with Ben Dressman at QB and Ben Darlington at RB since those two injuries. Lost vs Moeller- beat Henderson. Sam Dressman still playing WR/RB/QB depending on situation. Burchell returned last week vs Henderson.
Agree that this particular contest may be too much for the Colonels- hopefully come playoff time and those ofensive upperclassmen get back, it will be much more even.
Also, do not agree with ranking Dixie ahead. Sorry, but Wagner and Bir were effectively knocked out of that game after the 1st quarter. CCH still won.
bluedad1 Wrote:You keep saying "Bir" is out. Yes, Luke Bir (Blake's younger brother) is out at RB till the end of the year. But Blake is, of course, graduated and playing at Dayton.
I'm guessing you mean Wagner is out. He is out till end of year as well. CCH has run with Ben Dressman at QB and Ben Darlington at RB since those two injuries. Lost vs Moeller- beat Henderson. Sam Dressman still playing WR/RB/QB depending on situation. Burchell returned last week vs Henderson.
Agree that this particular contest may be too much for the Colonels- hopefully come playoff time and those ofensive upperclassmen get back, it will be much more even.
Also, do not agree with ranking Dixie ahead. Sorry, but Wagner and Bir were effectively knocked out of that game after the 1st quarter. CCH still won.

What have you heard is the anticipated return of the Colonels to full strength minus Wagner? Assuming no injuries between now and playoff start.

I ask that because know a Colonel-Bird rematch will be a far cry from what we witness on Saturday. I'd predict less than a 10 point difference in margin come playoff time. Assuming the Colonels are healthy!

Hoping all participants stay healthy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Just that both Wagner and Bir intend to be back by the end of the regular season