Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie 41 Beechwood 20
Final

Run, run, and more run. Colonels contain the Tigers after going down 13-0 and score 30 + unanswered from there.

Nice win for Dixie after last weeks lost to CovCath!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Looks like a two team race now between Mayfield and Russellville. I don't think Beechwood has the horses.
^ It was a very good 6A team that Beechwood lost to, I wouldn't quite count them out yet.
Well, I would say an average 6a team. The thing is that most 1a teams don't realize what it takes for us to compete against a 6a team because they don't try.
A 6A school that plays 5-7 kids both ways. Lets leave the irony of that statement alone for a minute.

Beechwood is very solid. Their Sophomore QB has very good: speed, arm, and decision making skills. And they had more depth than Dixie last night. Dixie D backfield played better than I have seen in the last three years. And Dixies coaching staff is starting to get out of their own way ; )!

Beechwood will be fine come playoff time. They are loaded with athletes on both sides of the ball.

District play is going to be very exciting this year between Campbell, SK, Ryle, and the Colonels. Although when is it never not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Okay, I just simply said that Dixie was an average 6a team. To justify that I offer these stats. 2012 their record was 3-8. 2011 their record was 3-8. 2010 their record was 6-6. 2009 their record was 5-7. This year they are 1-1. Average may have been an overstatement.

Also, I don't see how a 1a team that lost by three scores or more had more atheletes and was deeper. If that is the case then there is something wrong with the coaching. I too think that Beechwood will get better, but lets be honest, they need to.
mysonis55 Wrote:Okay, I just simply said that Dixie was an average 6a team. To justify that I offer these stats. 2012 their record was 3-8. 2011 their record was 3-8. 2010 their record was 6-6. 2009 their record was 5-7. This year they are 1-1. Average may have been an overstatement.

Also, I don't see how a 1a team that lost by three scores or more had more atheletes and was deeper. If that is the case then there is something wrong with the coaching. I too think that Beechwood will get better, but lets be honest, they need to.

Mysonis55 you no you are drinking water out of the ohio river Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Mysonis55 you no you are drinking water out of the ohio river Confusednicker:

Thank God for aquafina and dasani Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
After what I saw last night, I think I will keep drinking what I am drinking there 64. It seems to be working just fine over here. How's yours working out there.
Ouch! Beechies got smashed!
64 that is KY Lake water he is drinking
It's hard to believe with that great qb at bwood. I thought they were ready to conquer the world.
Spirit100 Wrote:A 6A school that plays 5-7 kids both ways. Lets leave the irony of that statement alone for a minute.

Beechwood is very solid. Their Sophomore QB has very good: speed, arm, and decision making skills. And they had more depth than Dixie last night. Dixie D backfield played better than I have seen in the last three years. And Dixies coaching staff is starting to get out of their own way ; )!

Beechwood will be fine come playoff time. They are loaded with athletes on both sides of the ball.

District play is going to be very exciting this year between Campbell, SK, Ryle, and the Colonels. Although when is it never not.

This isnt the Dixie teams of old. Dixie o-line is very big. TE 6'5 220 T 6'3 270 T 6'1 250 two guards around 250. Beachwood is a good team they just dont have the guys up front to block. This game was won up front. Beachwoods young qb was on the run all night.
Dixie also has roughly six or seven times more boys than Beechwood has, so it doesn't sound like a bad showing.

Still, Mike Yeagle's Beechwood teams of the 90s would have destroyed Dixie.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life