Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County Bobcats 2013
What players will be in the starting lineup and what players should we watch out for besides Wes Noble and Jon Keith Collins?
I have been hearing the Whitmore kid has a tremendous upside, and has looked pretty solid at the WR spot. Jordan Turner has the ability to be a very good back in Coach Moore's offense. I am not sure about the OL or DL.
Breathitt County coach living his dream of helping kids through coaching

Breathitt County head coach Kyle Moore is taking over the Breathitt County football program this season -- a Bobcat team that is coming off a stellar season.

The Bobcats went undefeated last year -- 12-0 -- before losing to Belfry in the class 3A Region 4 Championship, but Moore wants to keep the success going, especially because he is one of Breathitt County's own.

"I just love the opportunity to get to work with Breathitt County kids," Moore said. "Growing up in Breathitt County, that's always what I wanted to do. I saw a lot of kids I grew up with and myself, you know, you use football to kind of propel yourself in life and that's what I am really excited about doing is helping kids from Breathitt County."

"Sports to me is a game and there's not meant to be, I know there's pressure, but there's not meant to be pressure. It's a game, it's suppose to be fun and that's another thing we're trying to work on."

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...52691.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
A lot people are saying that coach Moore has lot of pressure following a legendary coach. That maybe true but their is no big expectation this year like they have in the past two years. This year team will surprise some people I think they will finish were they did last year regional runner up. That have a good mixture of sr, jr, soph. Playing. I hope teams are not looking at last year film because a totally different offense will be ran and it will be fun to watch.
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Breathitt County Bobcats

JACKSON, Ky (WYMT) - The Breathitt Bounty Bobcats parted ways with long-time Head Coach Mike Holcomb at the end of last season.

Now assistant coach and former Breathitt County Quarterback Kyle Moore assumes the head coaching duties.

"For me it's a dream come true, it's something I've always wanted to do. I played under Coach Holcomb, I coached under Coach Holcomb, we have a really good relationship. I just hope we can continue building on what he started." said Coach Moore.

The bobcats are coming off a 12-1 season and Coach Moore says coming into this season their biggest concern is inexperience.

"We lost a lot of starters, a lot of guys that were 3-4 year starters. The misconception is that we are a young team, but we've got 17 seniors and they are very talented," said Coach Moore.

Senior Wide Receiver and Cornerback Wes Noble agreed with coach, "Well we got experience from the games last year, and we're going to hopefully get better and use of that stuff for this year and try to get better everyday."

Senior Linebacker and Fullback John Keith Collins talked goals and expectations for the year, "Foremost we want to put a 4th picture in the hallway for the state. We want to honor a boy who played with us to who would have been a senior, who passed away in summer practice last year. He had more heart than anybody I've ever played with. We want to give pride to Breathitt County Football as it keeps rolling on."

The Bobcats face off with the Jackson County Generals in week one.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...22371.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Coach Moore will continue the success of Holcomb. He is ingrained in the Breathitt County way. That has been very successful.
I heard Campbell (sr), White (sr) and others who saw limited action last year should step up and contribute this year.
The bobcats surprised me last night. I thought the offense looked very good at times, and the defense seemed to get better as the night went on. White is not the most athletic QB the bobcats have had, but man does he have a cannon. He was also very accurate, and he made a lot of good reads. Wes Noble is ready for a breakout year. Both teams couldn't match up with him him. Whitmore really looked impressive and this being his first year playing, he is only going to get better as the year goes on. Campbell also established himself as a solid receiver. The O-Line was solid but they need to improve in a lot of areas. Our line is young and it showed at times. Projected starting RB Jordan Turner was out with a wrist injury, but the supporting cast played above average. Defensively we were shaky at first but they settled down and played well. There were a lot of kids I didn't know on defense, but as expected John Collins played well. I was really impressed with how disciplined these kids were. Not a lot of penalties on the bobcats compared to the other teams, and no turnovers. They also had over sixty players, being one of the biggest teams I have seen in a long time. Kyle looks like he is doing a very good job, and the bobcats have the potential to be a very very good football team. Bobcat fans have a lot to be excited about. Good luck bobcats.
I am hoping Breathitt can keep their tradition rolling. I expect them to still be Breathitt.
Cat Daddy Wrote:The bobcats surprised me last night. I thought the offense looked very good at times, and the defense seemed to get better as the night went on. White is not the most athletic QB the bobcats have had, but man does he have a cannon. He was also very accurate, and he made a lot of good reads. Wes Noble is ready for a breakout year. Both teams couldn't match up with him him. Whitmore really looked impressive and this being his first year playing, he is only going to get better as the year goes on. Campbell also established himself as a solid receiver. The O-Line was solid but they need to improve in a lot of areas. Our line is young and it showed at times. Projected starting RB Jordan Turner was out with a wrist injury, but the supporting cast played above average. Defensively we were shaky at first but they settled down and played well. There were a lot of kids I didn't know on defense, but as expected John Collins played well. I was really impressed with how disciplined these kids were. Not a lot of penalties on the bobcats compared to the other teams, and no turnovers. They also had over sixty players, being one of the biggest teams I have seen in a long time. Kyle looks like he is doing a very good job, and the bobcats have the potential to be a very very good football team. Bobcat fans have a lot to be excited about. Good luck bobcats.

Who did they play? Where? Score?
mandan Wrote:Who did they play? Where? Score?

They played at Prestonsburg but not sure if Prestonsburg was the only team they played.

I talked to someone who was there and he pretty much echoed what has been said above. Team looked pretty good.
mandan Wrote:Who did they play? Where? Score?

The bobcats scrimmaged Prestonsburg and Boyd County at Prestonsburg. Breathitt was the most impressive team there. I believe the bobcats will be better offensively this year, than last year. They were too one dimensional last year.
I heard bobcats scored eight times and only give up one score late in the scrimmage . I'm interested to see this pistol offense that they are suppose to go to.
How did they match up with Prestonsburg? I was told prestonsburg won the scrimmage against both teams.
Pburg scored 3 times against Breathitt. Breathitt scored once against Pburg. Both teams scored several times against Boyd. I do think both Breathitt and Pburg are better than expected.
BLACKCAT PRIDE! Wrote:Pburg scored 3 times against Breathitt. Breathitt scored once against Pburg. Both teams scored several times against Boyd. I do think both Breathitt and Pburg are better than expected.

I don't know what scrimmage you were watching, but I know Breathitt scored three times on Prestonsburg. They scored once on a ten play sequence, and twice on the down and distance segment of the scrimmage against P-Burg. It really doesn't matter either way, but I will agree both teams should be better than expected.
Breathitt will finish in the same spot as last year who knows a bounce here or there and they may win
Title town 95 Wrote:I heard bobcats scored eight times and only give up one score late in the scrimmage . I'm interested to see this pistol offense that they are suppose to go to.

sheriff Wrote:How did they match up with Prestonsburg? I was told prestonsburg won the scrimmage against both teams.

BLACKCAT PRIDE! Wrote:Pburg scored 3 times against Breathitt. Breathitt scored once against Pburg. Both teams scored several times against Boyd. I do think both Breathitt and Pburg are better than expected.

Cat Daddy Wrote:I don't know what scrimmage you were watching, but I know Breathitt scored three times on Prestonsburg. They scored once on a ten play sequence, and twice on the down and distance segment of the scrimmage against P-Burg. It really doesn't matter either way, but I will agree both teams should be better than expected.

Brandon40403 Wrote:Breathitt will finish in the same spot as last year who knows a bounce here or there and they may win

HAHA I love scrimmage season.

Breathitt scored anywhere between 1 and 8 TD's vs. Pburg who either won or loss scoring 3 or less TD's.

Big Grin
Cat Daddy Wrote:The bobcats surprised me last night. I thought the offense looked very good at times, and the defense seemed to get better as the night went on. White is not the most athletic QB the bobcats have had, but man does he have a cannon. He was also very accurate, and he made a lot of good reads. Wes Noble is ready for a breakout year. Both teams couldn't match up with him him. Whitmore really looked impressive and this being his first year playing, he is only going to get better as the year goes on. Campbell also established himself as a solid receiver. The O-Line was solid but they need to improve in a lot of areas. Our line is young and it showed at times. Projected starting RB Jordan Turner was out with a wrist injury, but the supporting cast played above average. Defensively we were shaky at first but they settled down and played well. There were a lot of kids I didn't know on defense, but as expected John Collins played well. I was really impressed with how disciplined these kids were. Not a lot of penalties on the bobcats compared to the other teams, and no turnovers. They also had over sixty players, being one of the biggest teams I have seen in a long time. Kyle looks like he is doing a very good job, and the bobcats have the potential to be a very very good football team. Bobcat fans have a lot to be excited about. Good luck bobcats.

I agree & disagree with the bolded statement. I agree he does have a cannon for an arm, but his accuracy was not consistent, several passes was over thrown.
Can anyone tell me who the bobcats scrimmage this friday?
Betsy layne
I thought Pburg and Breathitt were equall for the most part..Boyd was the worst of the three..White has a strong arm and did better than I thought he would.Not mobile in the least, it is what it is..Breathitt may take some lumps early but they have allot of pontenial..Go Cats
I think Breathitt will do better than most people think. Their problem the last few years was that they had a running back for a quarterback. I think they will have a much better passing game this year than the last. They're going to leave the running game in the hands of the RUNNING backs and I think this may be a big key to their success this coming season.��
The score was told to me by the bobcats coach. He said that they score eight times against pburg and gave up a td late while jv team was playing. He didn't mention much about Boyd co. So I believe him.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I agree & disagree with the bolded statement. I agree he does have a cannon for an arm, but his accuracy was not consistent, several passes was over thrown.

It's early I think by time bourbon co comes to town White will find his timing down with Noble, whitmore, Campbell . Heck he just has to throw it up to noble and long as its even close he will get. If it was me I would even have a play where I would under throw it so he could come back and out jump anyone in the mts.
Title town 95 Wrote:It's early I think by time bourbon co comes to town White will find his timing down with Noble, whitmore, Campbell . Heck he just has to throw it up to noble and long as its even close he will get. If it was me I would even have a play where I would under throw it so he could come back and out jump anyone in the mts.

Yes it is early. I agree the more time he has with his receivers the more the accuracy issue will be solved. Kid does have a cannon. If he gets his timing down with the receivers they could be dangerous.
Title town 95 Wrote:The score was told to me by the bobcats coach. He said that they score eight times against pburg and gave up a td late while jv team was playing. He didn't mention much about Boyd co. So I believe him.

You must have talked to the JV coach.

JV was playing on left of the field and varsity on the right. I did not see 8 touchdowns by anyone.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:You must have talked to the JV coach.

JV was playing on left of the field and varsity on the right. I did not see 8 touchdowns by anyone.

You are correct, no one scored eight touchdowns during the varsity scrimmage. I left after the third time Breathitt scored on Prestonsburg, so after that I have no idea what happened. Both Prestonsburg and Breathitt looked very good considering both teams having starters out with injuries.