Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you compare?
Who funds high school football teams in NKY?

Boosters are behind most contributions, which can make or break a program's chance for success

Highlands and Beechwood high schools have won 33 state football championships combined in their storied histories. But behind those players and coaches, they have had additional help on the field: a large amount of money coming from schools, booster clubs and nonprofits.
These two schools and their accompanying booster clubs spent more than $225,000 combined on their teams last season, with Highlands topping the chart at nearly $200,000. Smaller schools net little if any from boosters, and fund their programs from their own budgets.
Beechwood has won 11 state championships, but none since 2008. Highlands has won six straight titles, winning each of those championship games by at least 20 points. It begs the question: How much does money translate into success?

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...-teams-NKY-
the full article is an interesting read.
How does your school compare?
I hope people consider that every dollar collected from the booster and related organizations and used for football, means one more school dollar that can be spent on other sports or used for academic purposes.

Over the years, the Tailgate Club (which is part of the Education Foundation) has made a whole lot of money off of the football program and used that money to pay for academic needs. It's actually nice to see the Education Foundation put some of that money into a use that helps the football program (the new score board).

The Lions Club makes a lot of money off of the football program too and uses those funds to do many great things in the community.

So in addition to the football program teaching a lot of students the life lessons we all like to talk about, it does raise a lot of money for uses other than the football program.

A wise man once told me a long time ago: only a poor farmer fails to take care of one of his cows that provides a lot of milk. Glad to see the football program being taken care of.
Nice recruiting budget I guessConfusednicker:Confusednicker: