Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins @ Lafayette Scrimmage 8/16
Lafayette will host Collins in a scrimmage on Friday at 7:30 PM. These two teams have scrimmaged each other the past 3 years, with Collins winning every contest.

Any thoughts or predictions?
If I Know Lucas and Kingsolver, and I think I do, it will be fun, hard hitting and competitive.
Tommy2tone Wrote:If I Know Lucas and Kingsolver, and I think I do, it will be fun, hard hitting and competitive.

Really? You know Collins is a top contender in the 4A class right? And Lafayette lost all those great players they had from last year. Competitive? Far from it.
FBfan4life Wrote:Really? You know Collins is a top contender in the 4A class right? And Lafayette lost all those great players they had from last year. Competitive? Far from it.

I don't know who all Lafayette lost from last year, but I do know that they return Kylan Nelson, a very solid WR/RB, as well as a young lineman committed to UK. Other than that I don't know much about them. I'm sure that Collins will win, I just don't know enough about Lafayette to make a prediction on how much.
Lafayette has a nice group of athletes and at QB Clay Bolin (Kyle Bolin's Little brother). Lafayette is well coached and has built up there program over the last few years. I'd say it is a very lively and competitive scrimmage.
blue1424 Wrote:I don't know who all Lafayette lost from last year, but I do know that they return Kylan Nelson, a very solid WR/RB, as well as a young lineman committed to UK. Other than that I don't know much about them. I'm sure that Collins will win, I just don't know enough about Lafayette to make a prediction on how much.

And you wont see either one, Kylan or Landon Young on Friday night Blue.
For Lafayette, it will be 11 new starters on offense and 8-9 new starters on defense this Friday.
Hefty Lefty Wrote:And you wont see either one, Kylan or Landon Young on Friday night Blue.
For Lafayette, it will be 11 new starters on offense and 8-9 new starters on defense this Friday.

Why are they holding them out Hefty? Is the O cord. worried they might get hurt and can't afford to have them out of that opening 5 week soft schedule?
Tommy2tone Wrote:Why are they holding them out Hefty? Is the O cord. worried they might get hurt and can't afford to have them out of that opening 5 week soft schedule?

Heard they were both recovering from nagging injuries from the summer. Yeah, those 1st 4 are pretty soft...Scott Co, Lou Central, Lex Cath and Boone Co. Playing that schedule with 16-18 new starters should be fun for the Generals.
^ That's a tough first month.
Hefty Lefty Wrote:Heard they were both recovering from nagging injuries from the summer. Yeah, those 1st 4 are pretty soft...Scott Co, Lou Central, Lex Cath and Boone Co. Playing that schedule with 16-18 new starters should be fun for the Generals.

That's a tough way to start out the season. Playing those teams should only make them better. Good luck to Lafayette!
Hefty Lefty Wrote:Heard they were both recovering from nagging injuries from the summer. Yeah, those 1st 4 are pretty soft...Scott Co, Lou Central, Lex Cath and Boone Co. Playing that schedule with 16-18 new starters should be fun for the Generals.

Those might as well be L's on the books for Lafayette, but then again all it matters is where you finish in the district and where you are seeded going in the playoffs. Lafayette will do well in their district.
Collins 35, Lafayette 14 Final

Both of Lafayette's scores were on Collins JV
Collins used a lot of kids and played starters for 3 quarters. Overall Collins got rid of some rust but have several things to work on. Again dre Farris was best athlete on the field.