Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County to the 60th District
it was posted on the boys basketball page. i called around and it seems legit. and i called people other than lawrence fans or coaches. should be interesting. will go in to affect immediately for basketball season.

i think it's a good thing. i've always felt that paintsville, jc, and lawrence were all good enough to be in the region. sadly only 2 of them could make it together. now, jc and pville SHOULD have an easier road, so they should be happy. lawrence will upset the people of belfry and pike central because now they no longer have cake-walks to the region.

i wonder if lawrence will keep any of the 57th teams on their schedule for this year or drop them? they will have to pick up phelps, but usually play belfry at least once every year if not twice and pike central too.
I'm probably like everybody else in saying, "well whoopty do"!!!!:eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:I'm probably like everybody else in saying, "well whoopty do"!!!!:eyeroll:

and you posted this for what reason? if it is "whoopty do", then why post?

i believe i said a few months ago that this would happen, you and other said we would be shipped back to the 16th. not saying i told you so, but....Confusednicker:
lchsalumnus Wrote:and you posted this for what reason? if it is "whoopty do", then why post?

i believe i said a few months ago that this would happen, you and other said we would be shipped back to the 16th. not saying i told you so, but....Confusednicker:

Number one, you must have me confused with someone else because I have never made any comment period about Lawrence moving back to the 16th. I am not a member of the BOC of the KHSAA so I would have no clue either way what their intentions are. Take a little time to research all of my previous posts and see if I have ever said anything at all about Lawrence going to the 16th. You'll not find it, because it never happened.

Number two, personally I could care less, either way....You phrased it like everyone else in the 57th should be elated and everyone in the 60th should be scared to death that Lawrence is coming to their district...I can probably say with assurance that nobody anywhere is remotely afraid of playing a post Chandler Shepherd Lawrence Co.... Lawrence is now just one of about 3 or 4 other schools that have a legitimate chance of winning a regional championship. After all, Lawrence did loose "ALL 4" of their regular season games to both Paintsville and Johnson Central just this past year.......That is why this a such "whoopty do" announcement in the context for in which you tried to make it into..

Why couldn't you just state the facts of what the new realignment plans are and just leave the propaganda out of it for once? All you have done is take a legitimate piece of news worthy information and turn it into another opportunity to overstate LC's "alleged" prowess.:eyeroll:

However I do agree with you that it is about time that the 5 team, 57th district, be put on a more level playing field with the other 3 team districts in the region. I will admit that it is long past due and that it has been totally unfair to all the schools in the 57th.

I will also be the first to say thank you for passing the information along, as it is an interesting piece of news, I just think it would be like a breath of fresh air for you to "just once" report the news and exclude the propaganda.
Bob Seger Wrote:Number one, you must have me confused with someone else because I have never made any comment period about Lawrence moving back to the 16th. I am not a member of the BOC of the KHSAA so I would have no clue either way what their intentions are. Take a little time to research all of my previous posts and see if I have ever said anything at all about Lawrence going to the 16th. You'll not find it, because it never happened.

Number two, personally I could care less, either way....You phrased it like everyone else in the 57th should be elated and everyone in the 60th should be scared to death that Lawrence is coming to their district...I can probably say with assurance that nobody anywhere is remotely afraid of playing a post Chandler Shepherd Lawrence Co.... Lawrence is now just one of about 3 or 4 other schools that have a legitimate chance of winning a regional championship. After all, Lawrence did loose "ALL 4" of their regular season games to both Paintsville and Johnson Central just this past year.......That is why this a such "whoopty do" announcement in the context for in which you tried to make it into..

Why couldn't you just state the facts of what the new realignment plans are and just leave the propaganda out of it for once? All you have done is take a legitimate piece of news worthy information and turn it into another opportunity to overstate LC's "alleged" prowess.:eyeroll:

However I do agree with you that it is about time that the 5 team, 57th district, be put on a more level playing field with the other 3 team districts in the region. I will admit that it is long past due and that it has been totally unfair to all the schools in the 57th.

I will also be the first to say thank you for passing the information along, as it is an interesting piece of news, I just think it would be like a breath of fresh air for you to "just once" report the news and exclude the propaganda.

first off seger, i am a 57th fan. my response about the 57th being happy was about what you said....it's about d**n time the 57th gets a level playing field. it wasn't that paintsville and jc won't have to "worry" about lc. but you won't believe that, so i'm wasting my breath.

as for the 60th, you can't say that pike central and belfry aren't the least bit "worried" about lawrence moving in. regardless of your slams on the "post shepherd" lawrence, we did win the 57th district without him. sure, we lost regular season games to jc and paintsville last year, but we also beat jc the year before (2012) and that was without shepherd. i believe wallen 1 hit jc that night.

believe what you want, but i'm a lawrence fan #1 and a 57th fan #2. i hope lawrence continues to play jc and paintsville.
lchsalumnus Wrote:first off seger, i am a 57th fan. my response about the 57th being happy was about what you said....it's about d**n time the 57th gets a level playing field. it wasn't that paintsville and jc won't have to "worry" about lc. but you won't believe that, so i'm wasting my breath.

as for the 60th, you can't say that pike central and belfry aren't the least bit "worried" about lawrence moving in. regardless of your slams on the "post shepherd" lawrence, we did win the 57th district without him. sure, we lost regular season games to jc and paintsville last year, but we also beat jc the year before (2012) and that was without shepherd. i believe wallen 1 hit jc that night.

believe what you want, but i'm a lawrence fan #1 and a 57th fan #2. i hope lawrence continues to play jc and paintsville.

But they also lost the other two games in the series to them too, didn't they?...I noticed you didn't tell that part....So that means that LC has[I] lost 4 out of the last 5 regular season games [/I]to JC. .See that's what I'm talking about, you never want to tell all of the story...Why didn't you tell that part of it alum? .So why would anyone fear anyone, or be elated either way?........You have made the brags too many times , so you are right, I don't believe you.....I just don't see the justification for all of the constant trash talk is all...You havn't seen anyone from JC taunting LC fans even though they have basicly owned LC for the last two seasons, have you?......And I also believe that a JC pitcher also threw a one hitter at LC this season too...BUT, you sure as heck never mentioned that, did you?

All I am saying is if you would tone down the rhetoric and delete the unwarranted propaganda, most people would probably take you a little more seriously, instead of being viewed as nothing more than being a homer. It's alright for anyone to be their school's #1 fan, just expect to get it spit back into your face when you start belittling everyone else in the process.
Bob Seger Wrote:But they also lost they other two games in the series to them too, didn't they?...I noticed you didn't tell that part....So that means that LC has[I] lost 4 out of the last 5 regular season games [/I]to JC. .See that's what I'm talking about, you never want to tell all of the story...Why didn't you tell that part of it alum? .So why would anyone fear anyone, or be elated either way?........You have made the brags too many times , so you are right, I don't believe you.....I just don't see the justification for all of the constant trash talk is all...You havn't seen anyone from JC taunting LC fans even though they have basicly owned LC for the last two seasons, have you?......And I also believe that a JC pitcher also threw a one hitter at LC this season too...BUT, you sure as heck never mentioned that, did you?

All I am saying is if you would tone down the rhetoric and delete the unwarranted propaganda, most people would probably take you a little more seriously, instead of just being viewed as nothing more than just being a homer. It's alright for anyone to be their school's #1 fan, just expect to get it spit back into your face when you start belittling everyone else in the process.

so why would have to say lawrence lost 2 games when it is common knowledge (by yourself) that we played a 3 game series? is it not understood that if lawrence won 1 game, they lost the others? besides, you do a hell of a job telling everyone anyways. i don't put out "propaganda". schedules and results are out there. people can look all they want to find out who won/lost.

how come when you say "facts" as your justification, and i post the facts of lawrence winning the 57th, you try to counter that with 2012 or 2013 regular season results? isn't that also being a "homer"?

listen, i don't care what you or anyone else thinks of my posts. i don't live on this board. i post when i have time and when i have information about lawrence county. or i read someone attacking lawrence county.

simply put, your hands are not clean and you are not always justified. if lawrence was not to win the 60th and/or not make it to the region this year, i'm sure you will let everyone know about it.
lchsalumnus Wrote:so why would have to say lawrence lost 2 games when it is common knowledge (by yourself) that we played a 3 game series? is it not understood that if lawrence won 1 game, they lost the others? besides, you do a hell of a job telling everyone anyways. i don't put out "propaganda". schedules and results are out there. people can look all they want to find out who won/lost.

how come when you say "facts" as your justification, and i post the facts of lawrence winning the 57th, you try to counter that with 2012 or 2013 regular season results? isn't that also being a "homer"?

listen, i don't care what you or anyone else thinks of my posts. i don't live on this board. i post when i have time and when i have information about lawrence county. or i read someone attacking lawrence county.

simply put, your hands are not clean and you are not always justified. if lawrence was not to win the 60th and/or not make it to the region this year, i'm sure you will let everyone know about it.

Nope, you never said the first thing about a 3 game series, you only owned up to losing two games in 2013, but only mentioning the one win in 2012, and not telling about the other two losses. The intention was to distract.....nor do I ever under any circumstance ever gloat about a JC win over LC...I just point out the real facts when you want to brag about the good and belittle someone else, but fail to mention the futility............Also lets tell the truth here again....Nobody ever initiates any bashing of Lawrence, 99.9999% percent of the time nobody ever even mentions LC until some outlandish boastful statement is made or someone else is belittled by you or one of your comrades. One of these days you guys will figure out why people come back with what they come back with...There is usually a reason why..

Why would Lawrence not continue to play either JC or Paintsville? IMO, those games will always be played whether they are in the same district or not...Personally I always like to play the good teams....It only makes you better.
Bob Seger Wrote:Nope, you never said the first thing about a 3 game series, you only owned up to losing two games in 2013, but only mentioning the one win in 2012, and not telling about the other two losses. The intention was to distract.....nor do I ever under any circumstance ever gloat about a JC win over LC...I just point out the real facts when you want to brag about the good and belittle someone else, but fail to mention the futility............Also lets tell the truth here again....Nobody ever initiates any bashing of Lawrence, 99.9999% percent of the time nobody ever even mentions LC until some outlandish boastful statement is made or someone else is belittled by you or one of your comrades. One of these days you guys will figure out why people come back with what they come back with...There is usually a reason why..

There is no reason why LC should not be playing JC or Paintsville either one is there?...Those games will always be played whether they are in the same district or not...Personally I always like to play the good teams....It only makes you better.

facts? really? well why don't you ever mention that since 2006 jc has won the region ONCE? you like to point out that "post-shepherd" lawrence "facts". well, post matt fyffe jc hasn't done squat either. yes, you have beaten lawrence county, pat yourself on the back. but you have also lost to sheldon clark and magoffin county. lawrence has not. you have even beaten chandler shepherd. again, pat yourself on the back. but the "facts" state that since 2011 season ended and shepherd graduated, lawrence has 1 district title.

to be honest, i don't post about jc or paintsville because i don't care about them. i didn't go to school there. i didn't play ball there. thus, i don't care. that is YOUR job to post when they win. if you look back at my posts, you will see i NEVER blamed the losses on anything. if jc or paintsville won, they deserved it. i never blamed umpires. i may have said that the umpiring wasn't good, but none of those bad calls resulted in the loss for lawrence. however, you want me to bow down and sing the praises of jc's victories, while being "humble" on lawrence accomplishments. it doesn't work that way, buddy.

now, either call it a truce, and i will as well....or we can continue the war until one of us, or BOTH, are banished from here. the ball is in your court.
lchsalumnus Wrote:facts? really? well why don't you ever mention that since 2006 jc has won the region ONCE? you like to point out that "post-shepherd" lawrence "facts". well, post matt fyffe jc hasn't done squat either. yes, you have beaten lawrence county, pat yourself on the back. but you have also lost to sheldon clark and magoffin county. lawrence has not. you have even beaten chandler shepherd. again, pat yourself on the back. but the "facts" state that since 2011 season ended and shepherd graduated, lawrence has 1 district title.

to be honest, i don't post about jc or paintsville because i don't care about them. i didn't go to school there. i didn't play ball there. thus, i don't care. that is YOUR job to post when they win. if you look back at my posts, you will see i NEVER blamed the losses on anything. if jc or paintsville won, they deserved it. i never blamed umpires. i may have said that the umpiring wasn't good, but none of those losses resulted in the loss for lawrence. however, you want me to bow down and sing the praises of jc's victories, while being "humble" on lawrence accomplishments. it doesn't work that way, buddy.

now, either call it a truce, and i will as well....or we can continue the war until one of us, or BOTH, are banished from here. the ball is in your court.

First off district titles don't get you into a state tournament...A district runner up puts you in the exact same position as a district winner to win a regional title......Post Matt Fyffe gives JC what, 2 or 3 district titles too since he graduated? ...Granted no regional titles, but the plain truth is that LC has never won a regional title in the 15th region without Chandler Shepherd being on the mound either.

As far as a truce, stop with the belittlement of everyone else, and I'll stop with the counters.....It'll be real interesting to see if you are able to restrain yourself....:biggrin:

However ,you are just a bit mistaken on one thing. The ball is in your court, not mine, if that is what you advocate. I counter, I don't initiate......and to be perfectly honest, the possibility of banishment doesn't phase me in the least, so don't let that part bother you......lol
Don't really matter where we go we. 57th district champion or 60th district champion the trophy looks the same in the trophy case. The regional trophy is the same, so it don't really matter.
^Naaaaa...That 57th District Trophy is a Whole Lot SWEETER!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Maybe to you, but to us it really doesn't matter who we beat. We have been the team to beat year in and year out since coming to the 57th and will be the team to beat in the 60th and when the good old boys get tired of getting beat the will move us again to another district and we will be the team to beat there also!!!!!
^OK, Just give us a honk as you drive by us to your District games. Just don't honk on the way back. We'll be in bed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It is a shame though that the two teams that are the furthest apart are in the same district. High school baseball does not get much fan support anyway and this will hurt. In basketball the teams will have to travel several times in the same week not good for the players from lc traveling up to pike co three years in row for district and the pike county teams having to come to lc. It puts a lot on the kids trying to keep up with school work and sports. If it is all about the kids then this does not make any sense.
Hook it my be the next morning when we go by hope we don't wake you I know how much you need your beauty sleep.
OffTheHook Wrote:^Naaaaa...That 57th District Trophy is a Whole Lot SWEETER!

and it's in the lawrence trophy case as we speak. Confusednicker: i'm tired of hearing about travel as a concern. if coaches schedule smart, it won't be a problem. friday or saturday games takes care of that.
Coaches don't schedule the district tournament and that when they would have to travel a couple days the same week.
dawg fan Wrote:Coaches don't schedule the district tournament and that when they would have to travel a couple days the same week.

the basketball regional is at pikeville every year. not necessarily a "short" trip either. would you complain if lawrence made it there, of having to travel twice or three times in a week? :Clap: i know i wouldn't.

it will be ok. it'll work out.
Road to winning a regional championship probably just got tougher for Lawrence County, because now they will not be in the opposite bracket of the 57th dist. winner/loser and could face two teams from that district in three days.

They could play the 57th loser in the opening round, face Hamilton (Pikeville) in the semi-finals, and then the 57th winner/Belfry/ or P-burg in the finals.

15th region tournament field will definitely be more balanced. 60th district with Hagy, Lawson, and Feltner will be competitive games. Why is Pike Central not in the 59th district? They're only 3 miles from Pikeville Ind. and 10-12 miles from S. Valley.