Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coach
Anyone know who the new Corbin coach is or when they are announcing it.
wildcats fan Wrote:Anyone know who the new Corbin coach is or when they are announcing it.

Jason McDaniel, who has been an asst. boys coach at Corbin for several years was named the coach today.
Good Luck! Going to be fun to watch.....:popcorn:
Not the hire I was hoping for but we could do worse as well! I just wish they would have really wanted to have taken the program to another level. Good luck J-Mac, we hope you do well. I just wish girls basketball was taken seriously at Corbin. This is not toward our new coach but toward the process by which this came about. I doubt if this had been football or boys basketball it would have been handled like this.
The hire could have been much worse.
I think he'll do well.
Olred Wrote:Not the hire I was hoping for but we could do worse as well! I just wish they would have really wanted to have taken the program to another level. Good luck J-Mac, we hope you do well. I just wish girls basketball was taken seriously at Corbin. This is not toward our new coach but toward the process by which this came about. I doubt if this had been football or boys basketball it would have been handled like this.

I'm happy for Coach Mac and he deserves a shot at being a head coach.

I have to agree with you about the process though, waiting so late to do the interviews painted themselves into a corner. It's very hard to hire someone from outside the system when all of the teaching openings were already filled.
I understand some of the parent are real upset with the process, They could have made this hire the day after Coach Parsons resigned. The A D get in the paper talks about all the great application they have and they interview three people with no high school coaching experience.
insideinfo Wrote:I understand some of the parent are real upset with the process, They could have made this hire the day after Coach Parsons resigned. The A D get in the paper talks about all the great application they have and they interview three people with no high school coaching experience.

It would be real interesting to find out who all applied. I have heard a couple of names, although I'm not sure if they really applied or not.
This was a great hired Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh: Corbin girls will have a heck of a year.:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
insideinfo Wrote:I understand some of the parent are real upset with the process, They could have made this hire the day after Coach Parsons resigned. The A D get in the paper talks about all the great application they have and they interview three people with no high school coaching experience.

Are they upset with the hire or just the process? Who are his assistants? Is everyone new or have the old assistants remained on his staff?:blabbermo
From my understanding they are happy with the hire.
Some are happy and some are not, just like any hire! I think he is as good of an in house hire as we could ask for and will do a good job! I think many including myself is just unhappy with the process. This was treated like a second hand hire... Yes I know girls basketball has never been a top dog at Corbin. In my day it was treated almost like it was a burden to athletics. I was even guilty of probably feeling that way too back then. I just was hoping that since Jen Parsons had taken the sport to an upper level team it would be treated like one. Please do NOT take away from this anything about our new coach. I just think it stinks that Corbin is stuck back in time when it comes to girls athletics! They should be thankful for Coach Parsons for what she was able to do in spite of the lack of support! I hope J-Mac is able to do the same. I'll be supporting him and this team this year woth everything I have. I'm not going to say anymore negative even about the process as I don't want to give off negativity to these girls or our new coach! Good luck Redhounds!
Thanks for your inputs.......insideinfo and Olred. Good Luck to the Lady Hounds this year!:Thumbs: