Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee County 5 Powell County 3
Final from Stanton.

Big loss for the Pirates. If Estill wins out and Powell loses 1 more game then the 56th district tourney will be set (1) Estill/(4) Owsley...(2) Powell/(3) Lee...If Powell wins out and Estill loses then (1) Powell/(4) Owsley...(2) Estill/(3) Lee...Lee County is at 3-2 in districts with 1 remaining district game left @ Estill County Thursday.
Estill County has defeated Owsley County 15-2 in game 1 tonight and was leading 3-2 last time I was updated
Wow.Not taking anything away from Lee,but what has happened to Powell as of late? Powell usually gets tougher as the season goes on.
Hit N' Run Wrote:Wow.Not taking anything away from Lee,but what has happened to Powell as of late? Powell usually gets tougher as the season goes on.

I have no idea what's going on with Powell. They started off good and then slowed down at the wrong time of the year. I was outside mowing got finished, came in turned on the radio just in time as Powell had runners on with 1 out, then they lined out and what saved them was Lee had a throwing error throwing to first attempting the game ending double play, Billy Hatmaker comes up and flys out (foul territory) to end the game.