Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Wiggins
On paper, better talent than 2011-12. I still want to see who comes back. Miller was the glue that next years team still will not have. No one on next years team will look at Wiltjer the same as Miller was looked at. Poythress can fill Jones role as a really good player with a year under his belt. Cauley-Stein will be looked at as this teams leader - IF HE STAY's. There is still time before the draft and someone could still get in his ear to commit without an agent. After that, the bench is NOT very good. But, Cal likes 8 players, and this team certainly will be capable of putting 8 on the floor. Wiggins is the best player to come around in years. But, so was Shabazz for last years class. Shabazz would not have fit in and might have made this team even worse. Wiggins is 10x better than Shabazz, and from all indication, he will be more like Davis and Shabazz.

It's going to be Wiggins team. Cal sat in Wiggins living room early last week and told him that next years team is better than two years ago. He told Wiggins that if he comes, they will win every game by 30. If you are Wiggins, why would you go anywhere else. Then it comes down to how well this team adjusts to each other. We have had great success in 3 of the first 4 years of that happening. Was last year a blip because there was no one with the system's experience, or was last year a new trend?

They have an easy schedule. SEC will be bad with the exception of the Gators. Louisville will lose a lot of upper and underclassmen, so that game will not be the test that we would like. But, having a light schedule (so far) may not be bad for allowing this team and all this talent time to cohere. 40-0, I won't say that. But, can this team win a title - ABSOLUTELY!

Bottom-line, if you have more talent than anyone else, then you win!
Stardust Wrote:On paper, better talent than 2011-12. I still want to see who comes back. Miller was the glue that next years team still will not have. No one on next years team will look at Wiltjer the same as Miller was looked at. Poythress can fill Jones role as a really good player with a year under his belt. Cauley-Stein will be looked at as this teams leader - IF HE STAY's. There is still time before the draft and someone could still get in his ear to commit without an agent. After that, the bench is NOT very good. But, Cal likes 8 players, and this team certainly will be capable of putting 8 on the floor. Wiggins is the best player to come around in years. But, so was Shabazz for last years class. Shabazz would not have fit in and might have made this team even worse. Wiggins is 10x better than Shabazz, and from all indication, he will be more like Davis and Shabazz.

It's going to be Wiggins team. Cal sat in Wiggins living room early last week and told him that next years team is better than two years ago. He told Wiggins that if he comes, they will win every game by 30. If you are Wiggins, why would you go anywhere else. Then it comes down to how well this team adjusts to each other. We have had great success in 3 of the first 4 years of that happening. Was last year a blip because there was no one with the system's experience, or was last year a new trend?

They have an easy schedule. SEC will be bad with the exception of the Gators. Louisville will lose a lot of upper and underclassmen, so that game will not be the test that we would like. But, having a light schedule (so far) may not be bad for allowing this team and all this talent time to cohere. 40-0, I won't say that. But, can this team win a title - ABSOLUTELY!

Bottom-line, if you have more talent than anyone else, then you win!

Who is this?? This is not Dusty. :biggrin:
^ LOL, How can you say that??? It was ME who said that Ray Charles could have coached the squad 2-years ago and won the title. I gave credit to the talent, NOT the X's and O's guy Wink
Stardust Wrote:^ LOL, How can you say that??? It was ME who said that Ray Charles could have coached the squad 2-years ago and won the title. I gave credit to the talent, NOT the X's and O's guy Wink

:ChairHit: