Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4) Michigan 87 (1) Kansas 85
Final. Overtime.
One seed goes down.

Michigan just outplayed Kansas for the last 7 or 8 minutes into overtime.
Wolverines!!!!!!

Why didnt Elijah Johnson drive that ball all the way to the rim for the tie? That was a stupid play.
^
I blame it on the Kansas player with the afro.
Theres no way you can see over it. And he wasnt even on the court.
Went for the win instead of the tie..lower percentage shot. You're right, that was stupid.

That's what they get for delivering that cheap shot at the beginning of the game to McGary. Johnson should've been thrown out of the game! Punking out....pure and simple.
Burke was literally on fire. His flesh was melting to the bones.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Self completely choked this game away.
^
But Self is a great X's and O's guy.....

Im starting to see a trend here....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
But Self is a great X's and O's guy.....

Im starting to see a trend here....

Here we go again!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Granny Bear Wrote:Went for the win instead of the tie..lower percentage shot. You're right, that was stupid.

That's what they get for delivering that cheap shot at the beginning of the game to McGary. Johnson should've been thrown out of the game! Punking out....pure and simple.

If you've got a shot at the win...
I'll never argue with taking a shot.
zaga_fan Wrote:If you've got a shot at the win...

I will. He had a much better shot to tie it.
zaga_fan Wrote:If you've got a shot at the win...

Not if it's an awful shot, knowing you could have gotten a better look at the goal.
#BBFL
Hell of a game, probably the best of the tournament so far.

Trey Burke...man, he was on fire tonight.
I'm not arguing about taking the shot, but to drive all the way to the goal and then "fling" it to three point land. Not when the 2 would've tied the game. It was a show boat move, and it cost them.
Kansas lucked out in the title game in 2008 against Memphis in the last minute of regulation when they did the same thing that Michigan did to them in this game.....hit a bunch of crazy shots (remember the fall away 3 pointer with a man right in his face by Chamers to tie the game, he couldn't even see the basket when he released the ball), while also missing important free throws that gave Michigan a chance. Karma.
FBALL Wrote:I will. He had a much better shot to tie it.

If you're talking about proximity, but the guy was running full speed and the shot would have been from behind the backboard.

If he hadn't have taken such a wide angle to the basket I would take the layup all day, but I honestly think if he would have taken the shot he had that he would have strong-armed it or hit the side of the backboard.
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm not arguing about taking the shot, but to drive all the way to the goal and then "fling" it to three point land. Not when the 2 would've tied the game. It was a show boat move, and it cost them.

I just think the "show boat move" would have been to take that shot when you know you didn't have it.

I can promise you that if he wanted to "show boat" that the last thing on his mind would have been to pass the ball with the game on the line.
He had the man beat. I'd take my chances with the layup try. Plus if he puts it up on the rim there was still time for a put back try if it didnt go. Just wasn't smart basketball.
FBALL Wrote:He had the man beat. I'd take my chances with the layup try. Plus if he puts it up on the rim there was still time for a put back try if it didnt go. Just wasn't smart basketball.

He had him beat because he took such a wide lane to the basket.
That shot is NOT a layup.
It's a running floater while flying out of bounds.

My only problem is where the heck was he throwing it to? lol
i remember saying michigan this year so ill say it again.. michigan. mitch mcgary is heavily underrated.