Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 59 Sheldon Clark 48 (15th Region Championship)
bballfan2 Wrote:Cardinal fans should be very proud of their team. Loosing 2 of the top players in the region and doing what they have done this year. I mean johnson went with spurlock hoping to get in rupp but did not work out for him but I do think Coach Smith is twice the coach spurlock was and this year proved it. Congrats to JC and good luck vs Ballard.

Yes we are very proud and congrats to JC! Gotta give props to the Cards.... Noone I mean NOONE thought after losing Coach Spurlock and Johnson (one of the state's best players) that the Card s would come this far. I look forward to the next couple of years watching Coach Smith build a winning program!
Did not mean to pile on Parsely. In fact, was very impressed with his development as a player this year. He surprised me and a lot of others with the way he developed into one of the top 5 players in the region. However, the JC regional final game was not his best, no matter how many he scored. However, I expect he will continue to be one of the top players in the 15th for next two years.
Parsley was the most important player for this team all year.. Without him they wouldn't even be playing at the expo center. JC took the 3 point game away from the cards same way they did in district championship. Lack of screens, picks and poor execution got them beat as a team
Parsley dominated the ball and did nothing to involve James or Kirk. Part of that is the coaches fault (biggest part) but some of the contested shots Parsley took lead to easy fast break opportunities for JC. SC could not afford to get in an up and down game with JC. The future is bright at SC but the way the game played out sure left a sour taste in the mouth of many SC fans.
This was a great game and showed that the 57th is still the best district in the Region. Sheldon Clark has a strong program and great coach.

After all the arguments on which team is the best the fact now is JC is Region Champs. They earned it. All they have to do now is go down to Rupp and play as hard as they can. I for one am not afraid of Ballard. They are a great team, but all we can ask is for JC to believe they can win and go down and play their best, everything else will work out. I hope Shane can have a huge game on that stage to further improve his chances at the next level.

With all this team back, they have a chance to be something special next year. Enjoy the expeirence, not many kids get too.
Congrats to JC.

IMO with Justin Johnson the Cards would have went to Rupp this year.

Great coaching job by Smith to bring the Cards this far without Johnson. I think he done a great job in further developing the already talented but young roster.

Congrats to Hall on earning the MVP of the tournament.

Good luck at state JC.
Yes I agree with Blackcat fan it is only my opinion that if Johnson stayed SC would be going to Rupp. So with that being said I hope all these high school players that are wanting to transfer will take this situation and realize that transfering is not always the answer. Johnson stood a better chance playing in the Sweet 16 staying at SC instead of transfering to PCC which now he probably wont get that chance.
Now lets cheer on the EAGLES as they represent the 15th against Ballard. Anything can HAPPEN
Mr. Friday Nights Wrote:Parsley dominated the ball and did nothing to involve James or Kirk. Part of that is the coaches fault (biggest part) but some of the contested shots Parsley took lead to easy fast break opportunities for JC. SC could not afford to get in an up and down game with JC. The future is bright at SC but the way the game played out sure left a sour taste in the mouth of many SC fans.

SC fans are always upset with coaching. Coach Cal couldn't please everybody there either.

By the way, it may be worth mentioning that Johnson was gone before Coach Smith was hired. Had Johnson known who the coach would be he may have thought about staying...or maybe it wouldn't have mattered at all. Just thought I'd throw that out there.