Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Regional tournament should be best?
And by best I don't mean have the best teams necessarily,
but rather have the most balance and be the most competitive?
I.E. the hardest for it's survivor to win?
11th. is always tough.

I think 13th and 15th are wide open and any team could win.
8th region tournament should be pretty competitive too.
15th should be fun to watch.
One of the things that sets up surprises in regional tournaments is surprises in district tournaments. Based on that ridiculous theory, I would have to say the 11th and 14th. LOL
I'm interested to see who comes out of the 15th
The 15th will be crazy, but it would be more interesting if 3 of the top 8 teams in the region don't qualify for the region tourney and 3 teams that do qualify don't stand a chance.
Sorry, that sounds confusing. Trying to say that 3 of the top 8 won't qualify because they are in the 5 team 57th. There are 3 teams that will go to region from other districts that have no chance.
12th will be out of sight. 9 Teams with power ratings fron 65 to 79. Everyone beating everyone else, should be a blast. Pulaski is favorite but any of 8 that make it can win it. WOW!!!
15th, HANDS DOWN! The 13th should be fun to watch! But if you want to see some crazy game with crazy talent, it's the 14th and 15th for sure. 15th has at least two D1 prospects in Ray Kasongo, Cody Belter, and Shane Hall. The 14th Region has MULTIPLE, headlined by Cam Justice, Owootoah, Johnson, ect ect ect. Like to throw Beverly in there as well, because in my honest opinion, I think Braxton Beverly will definitely by a D1 player by his Junior or Senior years.
The 13th is going to be interesting this year. Not much talent difference between the top 5 teams. I believe the same goes for the 14th and 15th.
Like Cell King said, the 12th Region Tournament.
MVP2 Wrote:8th region tournament should be pretty competitive too.

The 8th region tournament is always a lot of fun. Plenty of teams have a shot, and the atmosphere at Henry County is great.
I think the 16th will be very interesting, I think 6 teams have a great shot at winning this region. Ofcourse Russell and Fleming are the favorites, but I believe that Morgan, Ashland, Boyd, and even Rowan all have a great chance to win it depending on how the district tournaments and the regional draw goes. It just takes a one upset or one team team getting hot at the right time for the region to get very interesting
Im going to say the 4th This could be as open as the 15th No Locks this year with Warren Central or Bowling Green. When upset come early in a region its usually means its wide open. and I say the 4th is wide open.
The 11th. 7 teams in top 25.
blue1424 Wrote:The 8th region tournament is always a lot of fun. Plenty of teams have a shot, and the atmosphere at Henry County is great.

You're right. However, you can't get to Henry County from here. LOL.
13th. Non canadian basketball that will be very close.
The 14th. They are going to sing the Canadian National anthem before every game.
E's Army Wrote:The 14th. They are going to sing the Canadian National anthem before every game.

If they don't they should.

The truth will stand when all else falls.

Brother Cecil.
The 11th will be tough outside of Madison Central everbody has beaten up on each other.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
12th and 13th both will be very interesting. Also the 5th could be interesting with defensing champion John Hardin being the favorite but there is 3-4 teams that could knock them off.
To be honest about 13 or 14 regions that are wide open 1st,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th,11th,12,13th,14,15,and16 The second Hoptown or Henderson. the 10th Montgomery or Bishop Brossart The rest are up for grabs really no true favoites.
12th Region, 15th Region, 16th Region!!!
15th - watch out for PCC!
How can anyone vote against the 9th?

Northern Kentucky is so populated but so close-knit in mostly suburban areas where basketball is huge.

CovCath, Highlands, Holmes, Ryle, NewCath, and so on.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
14th for sure
Im not sure there is a bigger list of teams that could win the region than in the 13th.
I would imagine every school in the region tourney has somewhat of a chance.
Heck, after seeing Mboro beat Bell, it just keeps getting more and more even.
BFritz Wrote:How can anyone vote against the 9th?

Northern Kentucky is so populated but so close-knit in mostly suburban areas where basketball is huge.

CovCath, Highlands, Holmes, Ryle, NewCath, and so on.

I agree, any one of 4 teams can come out of that region. Holmes, NCC, Cooper or Cov Cath would be the 4 front runners but anything can happen. Cooper just won their semi final game against Conner that went into 2 OT's. Tough region for some pretty evenly matched teams.