Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 62 Wayne County 59
Huge Win for Jumpers. Somerset was up 15 in 3rd when Williams picked up 3rd foul. Wayne came back and ties score, then took lead. Somerset came back and won Game. 12th is wide open.
Wow, nice win Jumpers! Better not count out Somerset, beat Wayne Co and only lost to PC by 5 on the road.
Somerset is pretty good when Guards take care of ball. They have the most size in Region.
Would rather have seen the cards win, but great game.
12th is Pulaski county's to lose in my opinion.
meat loaf Wrote:12th is Pulaski county's to lose in my opinion.

Has been for last 2 or 3 years but failed each time.
riverdog Wrote:Has been for last 2 or 3 years but failed each time.

I agree, maybe this is year they get over hump. They have 3 great players that are Sr.s on this team in Gover, Johnson and Goins. However 3 0r 4 teams in Region create match-up problems for PC. It's almost time for the Tourney to begin. Let Her Rip!!!!!
riverdog Wrote:Has been for last 2 or 3 years but failed each time.
True but I like the senior leadership and three guards that can score 20 on any given night.
Cellking Wrote:I agree, maybe this is year they get over hump. They have 3 great players that are Sr.s on this team in Gover, Johnson and Goins. However 3 0r 4 teams in Region create match-up problems for PC. It's almost time for the Tourney to begin. Let Her Rip!!!!!

Im interested to hear, what three teams create matchup problems for Pulaski?.

Good win for the Jumpers. Although at home, you'd expect them to win with the team they have.
KarnivalKat Wrote:Im interested to hear, what three teams create matchup problems for Pulaski?.

Good win for the Jumpers. Although at home, you'd expect them to win with the team they have.

Evidently Somerset and East Jesse. They both beat them. I think Southwestern and their size and West Jesse. JMO
Cellking Wrote:Evidently Somerset and East Jesse. They both beat them. I think Southwestern and their size and West Jesse. JMO

Somerset and East Jess? Im assuming you're talking about Wayne?

And Southwestern has never proved to cause problems for Pulaski. West Jess, I'll have to agree with you, since they put them out last year.
KarnivalKat Wrote:Somerset and East Jess? Im assuming you're talking about Wayne?

And Southwestern has never proved to cause problems for Pulaski. West Jess, I'll have to agree with you, since they put them out last year.

You are right, don't know where my mind was. Still thinking about Wayne Co. I have said all along the Regional is PC's to lose. Hope one of Pulaski Schools win it.
KarnivalKat Wrote:Somerset and East Jess? Im assuming you're talking about Wayne?

Wow

What time frame are you referring to. I guess it would have to be this year. Because the last regular season game last year, PC won on a FT after a foul 70 feet from their basket. Sw was a problem to them up until that call. :rockon:

With that said its PC's region to lose this year.
Huge victory for Cothron and the Jumpers!
Win, just got bigger. Wayne beat Southwestern 65-60 last night. Regional Tourney will be Crazy, Wild.
Cellking Wrote:Win, just got bigger. Wayne beat Southwestern 65-60 last night. Regional Tourney will be Crazy, Wild.

I know! Coming into the season, I didn't think the 12th would be wide-open, but it definitely is.
It was a huge win for Somerset! They were on a 3 game losing streak and have had 4 tough games in a row....as for the region however it is WIDE open. I do not see a favorite. Not even PC. The region tourney is physical play and with different region refs I think PC will struggle with physical play that refs let go. I feel in the 12th region they call the games a little tighter sometimes. I think that was evident in last years region tourney. Good luck to all the teams!